Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 am

Kitshire wrote:Are you looking for simple designs that match the style of the provided base or do you want complex designs with gradients and microscopic details? or maybe both to show design range? Just asking because if we're designing a litter I assume you'd want them to look similar but not the same.

You should include whichever shows the best range of your abilities. Your goal for this is not so much to make an actual litter, but rather to show off your skills!

Pyromaniacal wrote:I'm noticing the resolution of the template is pretty low - is this reflective of the resolution of the official linearts artists work with as well, or is there an option to work at a higher resolution and then downscale?

CS pets are the same size as you see them on the site. Unfortunately sometimes it can be tricky to work on a small canvas like that, but I think the template is reflective of that challenge.

Tickles_Times wrote:I’m thinking of entering here, as it’s been a dream a long time to be able to make official art for someone else, in an actual position. I just need to know:

- Is there an age limit on being an artist? It said some limits on a few positions but I didn’t see artist anywhere.
- Does Clip Studio Paint work as a drawing tool?
- I joined 4 months ago, can I still apply?
- I haven’t been doing digital art for long either as most of my art has been traditional, but the traditional I’ve been doing for years. Which should I count?
- I saw Seasonal mentioned “features that regular users do not have access to”. Which features are these?

Thanks for any help! My heart actually skipped a beat when I saw this-

No age limit for artists.
Yes. Clip Studio Paint is fine. It's what I use when I occasionally make pets! Anything that opens PSDs is fine though, including things like GIMP or FireAlpaca.
I believe anyone can submit an application.
We want to know specifically how long you've been creating digital art, but you are welcome to breifly mention traditional as well.
Seasonal was referring to behind the scenes features. Artists receive access to information they cannot share with other users an such.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beattlecub » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:35 am

Sad to see Yugi go, their artistic ability will not go unappreciated!

(I use they/them pronouns when I don’t know the persons pronouns)

" you were... everything. "

charlie • any • adhd ©
    local artist and bug nerd.
beattlecub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huskyflower » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:41 am

If you fill out multiple templates, how should you submit them? Should you copy/paste them into one image or send multiple in a zipped file or something?
SUNJEWEL FOR '09 ANIMAL EGGS 1-4!
Aurore and ImplosiveExplosion are people I know irl, so we may share the same IP address or even the same computer at times. We also trade. A lot. So please don't ban us!
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Huskyflower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triceratops. » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:23 am

do you have to be 18+ to apply? or are minors also allowed to apply?
im so proud of you.

my pronouns are they/them
ImageImageImage
triceratops.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:27 am

Huskyflower wrote:If you fill out multiple templates, how should you submit them? Should you copy/paste them into one image or send multiple in a zipped file or something?

You can submit the extras as part of your additional examples. If you don't want to use them as extra examples, you should just pick the best one and submit it.

velociraptor. wrote:do you have to be 18+ to apply? or are minors also allowed to apply?

There is no age limit!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doglike » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:01 am

Thank you for all you've done for the team, Yugi! I'm excited to see where your future takes you.

Best of luck to everyone who applies!
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
INFJ | He/Him | Web + Graphic Designer | CS Artist
───────────────────────
Hi! I'm Doglike. I like napping, tea, and plants.

───────────────────────
FR | ART SHOP | TRADES | 🌼 🦔 🦌
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
Doglike
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowpuppy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 am

This is a little late. My last message asking this didn't submit.
I am looking for an app or website that works well for mobile to do this with. I'd prefer something that is simple to use, no ads/payment needed tounlock things, and a good download for this to submit it.
Thanks so much.
Snowpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeloffreewill » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:22 am

Hi there I sent in my application and it was taking a while to submit so I left for a few minutes. I came back and I'm not sure it submitted my application or not? It just looked like how it originally was before attaching any files or typing any words. Is it supposed to be like that? Sorry for all of the questions I just want to be sure it submitted, but if not I can try again.

Thanks,
angeloffreewill
Your local unicorn whisperer

The Horned One

angeloffreewill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:26 am

angeloffreewill wrote:Hi there I sent in my application and it was taking a while to submit so I left for a few minutes. I came back and I'm not sure it submitted my application or not? It just looked like how it originally was before attaching any files or typing any words. Is it supposed to be like that? Sorry for all of the questions I just want to be sure it submitted, but if not I can try again.

Thanks,
angeloffreewill

If your application is blank then it did not submit properly. I'd suggest submitting the written parts first and then going back and adding in the images, sometimes if an image is too big or in the incorrect file it won't submit properly.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huskyflower » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:55 am

Hey, one more quick question. Hope I'm not asking too many!
Are we allowed to blend colors in the color palettes? Also, are we allowed to use variants of the colors at all, or only the exact colors? (For example, could I make some of the colors slightly lighter or darker, or can they only be the exact color and tone?) Thanks so much!
SUNJEWEL FOR '09 ANIMAL EGGS 1-4!
Aurore and ImplosiveExplosion are people I know irl, so we may share the same IP address or even the same computer at times. We also trade. A lot. So please don't ban us!
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Huskyflower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me