My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet archive can now show you which months you've complet

Postby LostInTheEcho » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:15 am

ZΕL wrote:
Nanorat wrote:This is a great update - just a bit sad that Special Releases, aka UR pets, are counted among "regular" pets, thus making it impossible for most players to have years marked as "Complete". Shouldnt URs also be excluded since they're, well, "special" releases, ultra-extremely-rare and hardly anyone has them all - doesnt that also make them "special pets outside of normal collection"?.. :?:

The difference between store pets and UR pets is that the latter do get re-released. They are super rare, but they return every year for the 18th, which means it's still possible for people to adopt them.
Store pets will never be brought back, so unlike other rare pets they do, in theory, eventually "go extinct" and there's no new ones generated.
It's not about the overall rarity of the outcome, just about obtainability.^^

While I agree with the difference between UR and store pets, I’d also prefer it if the special releases weren’t a a part of a full collection since they are so difficult to get in contrast to other pets of the same year (of corse more so in never years than older ones, the entirety of 2008 would be hard to get regardless).

With the special releases included I doubt I’d ever get a full year complete as that would require more involved trading/effort to aquire. While I find the feature very good and useful as it is now, it’s still a bit disapointing to not be able to get the checkmarks for full years

Suggestion
- Option to not include special releases in the count for a full years collection.
- Alternatively another kind of checkmark for when everything is complete except special releases

Reasons
- Since those pets aren’t regular releases and are so such much harder to obtain.
- Some players (like me) don’t actively collect special releases /(don’t consider them part of a full collection [like me]) as they do regular pets, but would like to see the checkmarks years they’ve completed excluding special releases

——

Thank you for the wonderful update! It’s extremely helpful with knowing where you’re missing pets, without having to scroll through all months + events individually.
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:16 am

rileypillow wrote:Is there a way to disable this?

It's by default disabled, you have to go and press the "show completed months" button to activate the display.
So if you just want to browse the archive without seeing the stats, all you gotta do is leave the button alone and use the regular "go!" button if you do filter by species or artist c:

Speaking of - I think it's SO COOL that you can sort by artist, too, and see your progress, haha.
finally i have a complete collection of something /shot

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s0up » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 am

Amazing!! Thank you sm
Is there a way to see if you have all the pets from their original release date or does it show pets from throughout the month too?
s0up

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:49 am

soupf0rk wrote:Amazing!! Thank you sm
Is there a way to see if you have all the pets from their original release date or does it show pets from throughout the month too?

The archive doesn't differentiate between whether your pet was adopted during the original release month or December 18th, or on which day you adopted it.
It can only show you "you have this" and "you dont have this", so you can't filter it by re-release vs. truedate, no.
If you have a re-release pet, or an extended release pet, and don't know which month it is originally from, you can ask other users for help with finding it, though!

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondragon007 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 am

Is there any way you guys would program a function that will automatically put on your wishlist anything you don't have? Or have it opt in by clicking a button, like this new feature? That would be very handy, in case you missed one or more months; that way you don't have to go through the entire archive and click every one you need.
Moondragon007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darzie » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 am

Ah this is great. I've tried to inventory my pets before, but it can be hard with so many.
darzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeroness » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:36 am

Moondragon007 wrote:Is there any way you guys would program a function that will automatically put on your wishlist anything you don't have? Or have it opt in by clicking a button, like this new feature? That would be very handy, in case you missed one or more months; that way you don't have to go through the entire archive and click every one you need.

I would love this.
Zeroness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coastie_cowgirl » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 am

Anyone else THINK they had completed certain months or years, only to find out you're missing like one random pet here and there? :what:
coastie_cowgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taf900 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:43 am

coastie_cowgirl wrote:Anyone else THINK they had completed certain months or years, only to find out you're missing like one random pet here and there? :what:

Yes! I was missing 4 common and below pets when I thought I had everything uncommon and under complete! Down to just one more though. Such a useful feature
Always looking for trades!

Auctioning May Lioness
Taf900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me