Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 am

rileypillow wrote:
  • What if someone may of done something terrible, but there isn’t enough evidence? Would they still be reportable, or not?

If you have any concerns you're welcome to report. Anything that you have reason enough to be concerned about is reportable. As said before, we can't share for privacy reasons what actions are or aren't taken, but we'd rather deal with lots of reports than have something slip by. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:12 am

thanks tess!
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:59 am

yooo this is really good news thanks for this change
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:02 am

Would this extend to users consuming nsfw art of minors offsite? It’s illegal in several countries, including the US(under the obscenity law) and can be used to groom minors into thinking it’s ok(speaking from personal experience). This is absolutely harmful to minors and many users are uncomfortable knowing that this has been seen as fine in the past. I have seen more than a few people doing this offsite and with CS being kid friendly I feel like it’s only responsible to take action.
Last edited by Larkspur1678 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bud » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:10 am

yes!
nobody should ever have to worry about being bullied on or off of CS
not my art obviously you think i can draw?? i'm WRITING a book

bud // adult (maybe) // wiccan
writing a fantasy/romance novel
from my trashcan (homey!)
always down to talk about books

word count: 112,134
page count: 596
bud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:Would this extend to users consuming nsfw art of minors offsite? It’s illegal in several countries, including the US(under the obscenity law) and can be used to groom minors into thinking it’s ok(speaking from personal experience). This is absolutely harmful to minors and many users are uncomfortable knowing that this has been seen as fine in the past. I have seen more than a few people doing this offsite and with CS being kid friendly I feel like it’s only responsible to take action.

If you feel concerned regarding offsite behaviour of a CS user, then please report it by sending in a help ticket so it can be reviewed by staff. We unfortunately cannot state what action may be taken due to user privacy, but we can assure you it will be looked into.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:37 am

Zeena wrote:
Larkspur1678 wrote:Would this extend to users consuming nsfw art of minors offsite? It’s illegal in several countries, including the US(under the obscenity law) and can be used to groom minors into thinking it’s ok(speaking from personal experience). This is absolutely harmful to minors and many users are uncomfortable knowing that this has been seen as fine in the past. I have seen more than a few people doing this offsite and with CS being kid friendly I feel like it’s only responsible to take action.

If you feel concerned regarding offsite behaviour of a CS user, then please report it by sending in a help ticket so it can be reviewed by staff. We unfortunately cannot state what action may be taken due to user privacy, but we can assure you it will be looked into.

It’s a yes or no question, will CS take action if a user is found to be consuming nsfw art of minors? It’s a prevalent problem in online communities and I want to know that CS actually cares about its players.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:42 am

if the art in question isn't linked to the cs account or shared through discord to other cs users, or the user has the same name on cs and the location of the art, I don't think there's anything staff can do since they can't control user's actions off of CS.
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:07 am

I have not seen a single report regarding this issue so I’m skeptical about your claims that these reports are being ignored. I can see all help requests that are below admin level. I have asked users for proof of this behavior in the past and never received a response.

If someone’s actions are deemed to be illegal or harmful to children, on-site or off-site, then we will take action. We can’t do anything if these cases aren’t reported.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corn flak » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 am

Seasonal wrote:I have not seen a single report regarding this issue so I’m skeptical about your claims that these reports are being ignored. I can see all help requests that are below admin level. I have asked users for proof of this behavior in the past and never received a response.

If someone’s actions are deemed to be illegal or harmful to children, on-site or off-site, then we will take action. We can’t do anything if these cases aren’t reported.

Im sorry to uhm. butt in. but Ive made reports on this exact topic.

Ive sent one in mere hours ago, i know somebody else sent a similar natured one in, I have sent one in in the past, not all of which were admin-only reports.... im sorry but?? im confused on your statement?
Last edited by Corn flak on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corn flak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me