COMMUNITY POLL: Rare Monthly Pets

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

What is your opinion on releasing rare pets in monthly releases?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am

I am not interested in any litters having significantly harder to achieve outcomes.
10%
I am interested in a few litters a year that have a significantly harder to achieve outcome.
41%
I am interested in at least one litter a month that has a significantly harder to achieve outcome.
30%
I am only interested in occasional significantly harder to achieve outcomes if they are considered “special release” pets and look different from the litter they are released with.
19%

Total votes : 5954

Re: COMMUNITY POLL: Rare Monthly Pets

Postby Nicnova » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:28 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:Oh no, yeah you're right, I was not actually making a poll with votes that would determine anything! And I have no intention of staff using my hypothetical "poll" in any capacity. I was just making light of the situation ^^; that there is no turning around this train, so to speak.

I think a new poll would be beneficial though! Although I support the idea, I think that a new poll should definitely be made with full details if staff decides to implement it. There's lots of factors that I, and I think a lot of people, would consider important to know before making a choice.

For example- a set standard on how rare the pets will be. I am happy with rare/very rare monthly pets but I think ER+ is too far for an initial release. I would not vote for ER+.

So once a detailed plan is laid out, we should definitely have a new and more specific poll.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
───────────────────────────────
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
────────────────────────────
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:38 am

LadyoftheGeneral wrote:I have to admit that I find it confusing that rares are…more common now? I know the rarities changed, but I would have thought that rarity has to do with how many of this pet are in circulation on the site. However, it almost seems arbitrary sometimes as to what makes a rare and what makes an omgsc, particularly when they showed the new graph regarding the new rares system. A couple of the comments on this thread have specifically listed rares as being “more common” now which baffles me. Can someone explain how that works?

I’m absolutely for getting rares in standard litters, I’d personally like to see at least one a month that’s harder to get than the others outside of events! That actually sounds awesome and frankly was how I thought these things worked to begin with.

There are number of pet designs, and number of pets per design. So there are a lot of pet designs that are rare, but fewer of each design (which is what makes them rare). It seems like there are less vc and below because there are fewer designs that are so heavily distributed if that makes sense?

It’s like this:

There are ten of each of these: 🌼🌸🌺 (Because there are ten of each, each design is common)

And there are two of each of these: 🌲🌿🌱🌴🌳☘️🍀 (because there are two of each, each design is rare)

There are more green designs but fewer of each, and few flower designs but more of each!

So there are more rare designs but fewer of each pet if that makes sense!:)

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mellowmarsh » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:46 pm

I think that a rare pet every few months would be a really cool idea, but if it's on a monthly basis or even a few rare pets per batch i think it would make collecting the whole litter so much harder, especially for people who have problems interacting with others.
Mellowmarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mari123 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:28 am

I would love to see rare pets each month!
"At last, I have found my vocation. My vocation is love!" -St. Therese of Lisieux
Mari123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:16 am

Mari123 wrote:I would love to see rare pets each month!

Same!
June is Scoliosis Awareness Month! :mrgreen:

Pet's name: Pro-Spr
Pet's name: Kai (海)
Pet's name: Literally me
Happy pride month btw! :3
ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheOakWoods » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:24 pm

i can’t help but notice that a lot of the hype train for this is players who have only been around for less than a year, and are excited to have more to trade. i think that you guys are being too optimistic.
yes, it will be great if you can get a rare, and it will help you trade for the pets you really want. but that’s also what events are for. in the long run, this will really just be an annoyance for the majority of the player base who don’t manage to get one but can’t complete their collection without overpaying. ESPECIALLY for new players who don’t have anything to pay.
i do think the idea of less rare zebra-type-pets would be nice, as long as they’re “optional” for a complete collection like the zebras.
TheOakWoods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heepheep » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:22 pm

honestly whenever there's a special outcome I forgo any attempt at trading for it because people ask for insane overpays. I can do this bc i'm not a collection completionist and I don't mind if my monthly pets look patchy but for people who are I imagine this would be a huge pain haha. I admit it would make the lull when there are no events more interesting. a chance to strike gold when picking up monthlies sounds fun
ImageImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx◣ any pronouns | x | ✉! | ahh! | ◢
heepheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:25 am

I’ve been here for six years and I love the idea for more rares, I think if they don’t overdo it with a special design abe rares become more frequent that it will help kill some of the present demand for monthly rares. Right now it’s special to pull a less common outcome and those outcomes are usually especially fun designs. If we make pulling rares a less unique experience I think players will calm down over time with demanding overpay for them like they do now

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iwein » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:56 am

i think having rare monthlies could be a good use for rare event pets. at least for me, it was difficult to find trades for my event pets, because the only other rare pets were, well, rare pets from other events, so the 3 months rule prevented me from offering. I dont know how widespread the use of that rule still is, but in any case it would be nice to have more rares to offer on.
however i do agree with the worry over the use of "significantly". I dont think trading for a pet of the August PPS' caliber would be fun (for me personally)
Looking for a date swap? Send me a suggestion - even if the pet is in a locked group!
ImageImageImage
Iwein

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:00 am

Just look at the hype and wild demand for the Halloween banner pets right now. Because that is what's gonna happen with rare monthlies. That is what has always happened when rare monthlies has dropped. Every single time. Do you REALLY want this on a regular basis? REALLY?
Cause I sure don't.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me