Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project

Postby Sepia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 am

Sounds like a good idea ^^
Sepia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:46 am

SkyTheKidRS wrote:Would their Rarities be the same, Tess?

Only the appearance changes; everything else will stay the same.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TwilightStallion » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 am

I love this idea, and the new draft lineart, but I think it would be a shame to delete part of CS's history, and some of the older pony linearts are my favourite linearts on the site, especially the foals. Not to mention that the designs couldn't be a completely exact replica of what they were, no matter how hard anyone tried copying the designs across tiny details would still change. So I think that maybe it could be an optional thing, where you could change your own settings to see the older linearts or not, like how you can change how you see rarity tags. Or maybe do it, because it is a great idea, just keep the older ones somewhere, like in the archive or something. <3

Also, what would happen when Yulynh retires, and we couldn't use her lines for new equines anymore? We would have the same problem with multiple pony lines.
Last edited by TwilightStallion on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwilightStallion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 am

I agree. ^^
Also, I love the new drafts- those precious little tails! <3
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daleks&Dragonlords » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 am

I have to disagree. I think that because the line arts are different on equamagines makes them special. There is nothing wrong with the new line art but the old kinds aren't made anymore which makes them special in my opinion. But I like the overall idea. I just think since equamagines aren't made anymore they have a special value to some players, like an antique. Sorry for any misspellings.
Iɴ α lαɴd oғ мyтн αɴd α тιмe oғ мαɢιc
╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Hi! Daleks&Dragonlords here! You can call me Noelle though, since that is my name. Anywho, a little about me. I love cats, coffee, tumblr, etc. (too often distracted by tumblr *shrug*) I am an artist and musician. I mainly play clarinet, but also play piano and bass guitar. Curly hair is life. I don't often move off the couch ("And yet she's still skinnier than Spike)
HMU on league of legends: Coffee Cat
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
тнe deѕтιɴy oғ α ɢreαт ĸιɴɢdoм reѕтѕ oɴ тнe ѕнoυlderѕ oғ α
yoυɴɢ мαɴ

╔════════════════════════════════════╗
TradesCake Dog Auction
credit
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
Hιѕ ɴαмe, Tнe Docтor.
Daleks&Dragonlords

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 am

What would happen to the VR Roadkill PPS? I think that would look ridiculous on a Horse or Pony.
my name is dogs and
i like dogs, man.
straight cis-female
i am a holibomber.
i have gifted 24 people
i have received 11 gifts
dogs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:51 am

TwilightStallion wrote:I love this idea, and the new draft lineart, but I think it would be a shame to delete part of CS's history, and some of the older pony linearts are my favourite linearts on the site, especially the foals. Not to mention that the designs couldn't be a completely exact replica of what they were, no matter how hard anyone tried copying the designs across tiny details would still change. So I think that maybe it could be an optional thing, where you could change your own settings to see the older linearts or not, like how you can change how you see rarity tags. Or maybe do it, because it is a great idea, just keep the older ones somewhere, like in the archive or something. <3

You can bet right now some CS horse fan is rapidly saving all the old horse and pony images to their computer so they can preserve them in case they change! Maybe if they get updated someone will provide an archive of them so people can see how they used to be, but to save confusion our official archive/wishlist would only display the updated versions

What would happen to the VR Roadkill PPS? I think that would look ridiculous on a Horse or Pony.

Not sure, that one might have to stay the way it is, since the new lines don't look like road kill :lol:
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonrienteMuerte » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 am

OMG, Please! I love a lot of the new items, but can't put them on my old horses. :) And the drafts look awesome!! Though, is there a way we could maybe get draft items if we do this?

And... Oh, Ya.. The roadkill would have to stay the same, but it could be the only one...
===========================================================================
.:{Sonriente Muerte}:.

"Not long ago you'd find the answers were so crystal clear
within a day you find yourself living in constant fear
Can you look at yourself now?
Can you look at yourself?
But you can't win this fight."

~Welcome to the Family ; Avenged Sevenfold

My Birthday Is Feb 13th!!
===========================================================================
SonrienteMuerte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 am

Though I think these transformations would be a good idea for many players, but I have to disagree! Yeah it would be nice if al the horse items would fit each horse and it would help the newbies, but it would be a disaster at the same time. I have spent a long time trying got collect all the ponies with this line art and it has been really hard. I did it because they are cute and it would be a real shame if they were to disappear forever.
I don't mean to sound rude but why change the lines because some don't understand them, like them or are not used to them? It is like we are getting rid of equimagine all together and I think her/his lines were adorable.
Please don't get rid of them all!
But I have to admit the new draft lines are handsome. So maybe instead of getting rid of all of them we still have the lines and release them as horses/ponies etc for advents, it would be cool.
BUT I still disagree.

( Randomly written, I know, but I wrote down all on my mind. I think. )
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HorseFan21♞ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 am

Ummm but I like the the ones better. :3 they were the old lines after all. :3 And I adore equimagines.

A site having a lot of different line arts is pretty awesome for me... So I don't really like the idea of changing the line arts. :c
Hoers wrote:Dang all the homework and activities are driving me CRAZY! >____>
HorseFan21♞

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me