Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby Griddle » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Zeena wrote: [...] but all the specific details of the position will be communicated further with you once accepted.
Zeena wrote:This information will be available to you if you are selected. ^^
Zeena wrote:I can't really answer the rest of your questions directed towards artists as I'm not one lol, but all the information regarding the position and how to make items/etc. will be given to you if you are chosen. Don't stress about it just yet, we'll make sure you have everything you need! c:

Hello! I appreciate the response. πŸ’• I've been lurking the thread to see if any more information came up!

Idk if it's my general anxiety and wanting to be Prepared, or that I've attended college and worked jobs before where it's good to ask questions if you're unclear on something, but... is there a reason this information isn't freely given? 😟 I'd like to know the extent of what I'd be expected to do, and commit to, beforehand. It'll help me decide whether I want to put the effort into applying or not! (I didn't think anything I asked was sensitive info? If it is, feel free to PM me!)

Zeena wrote:Please keep in mind the position is unpaid.

I took "unpaid" to mean no IRL currency. (Which, like I said, I'd understand the headache!) Do you mean site artists are not compensated for their time and work in any way whatsoever? Is this a "for the exposure" situation?
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer β€’ grown-up β€’ est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FleshCanvas » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:06 pm

Ephras wrote:Hi again! do guest artists choose when they make a litter or item? Or are they asked to? (sorry for yet another question)

I have a similar question in regards to are guest artists initially limited in which pets they can/cannot design
Like not being able to do 2nd gen or dragons or no line edits or something like that?
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:42 pm

Chrom wrote:
Zeena wrote: [...] but all the specific details of the position will be communicated further with you once accepted.
Zeena wrote:This information will be available to you if you are selected. ^^
Zeena wrote:I can't really answer the rest of your questions directed towards artists as I'm not one lol, but all the information regarding the position and how to make items/etc. will be given to you if you are chosen. Don't stress about it just yet, we'll make sure you have everything you need! c:

Hello! I appreciate the response. πŸ’• I've been lurking the thread to see if any more information came up!

Idk if it's my general anxiety and wanting to be Prepared, or that I've attended college and worked jobs before where it's good to ask questions if you're unclear on something, but... is there a reason this information isn't freely given? 😟 I'd like to know the extent of what I'd be expected to do, and commit to, beforehand. It'll help me decide whether I want to put the effort into applying or not! (I didn't think anything I asked was sensitive info? If it is, feel free to PM me!)

Zeena wrote:Please keep in mind the position is unpaid.

I took "unpaid" to mean no IRL currency. (Which, like I said, I'd understand the headache!) Do you mean site artists are not compensated for their time and work in any way whatsoever? Is this a "for the exposure" situation?

What other questions did you have? I read through the thread and it seemed that all of your questions received a response. Was it another user's question that you were hoping to have an answer for?

All CS staff positions are volunteer positions.

╔═══*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
β•šβ•β•β•*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowpuppy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:55 am

Is it allowed to apply for both positions? I just completed my pet application and am interested in applying for the items also.
Snowpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:06 am

Snowpuppy wrote:Is it allowed to apply for both positions? I just completed my pet application and am interested in applying for the items also.

Yes, you can apply for both!
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ephras » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:31 am

Hi, do official artists get told when to make a litter/item and do guest artists do a litter/item when they want? How do both roles know when they make the pets/items?

γƒ»γ‚œ-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-γ‚œγƒ».✧.γƒ»γ‚œ-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-γ‚œγƒ»

.γƒ»γ‚œ-: ✧☾He/she/they☽✧ :-γ‚œγƒ».
γƒ»γ‚œ-: Chech out my oekaki for shop+a few adopts! :-γ‚œγƒ»
γƒ»γ‚œ-: Commisions open! - YCH :-γ‚œγƒ»
γƒ»γ‚œ-: Feel free to chat about fandoms with me! :-γ‚œγƒ»
γƒ»γ‚œ-: FR-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-TH :-γ‚œγƒ»
γƒ»γ‚œ-: Check out their commissions!:-γ‚œγƒ»

γƒ»γ‚œ-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-γ‚œγƒ».✧.γƒ»γ‚œ-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-γ‚œγƒ»
Ephras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtemisOverload » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:23 am

Are there any dates for closing application and eventual accepted people reveal?
ArtemisOverload

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:20 am

Ephras wrote:Hi, do official artists get told when to make a litter/item and do guest artists do a litter/item when they want? How do both roles know when they make the pets/items?

No one is really "told" when to make stuff. Official artists are just excepted to contribute what they can to the monthly adopts and holiday events. There may occasionally be an open call like "we need more items for this event," but never a demand for a particular person to make them. I think it is similar for guest artists, but that would be more of a conversation between the guest artist and the admins to figure out what works for their situation.

ArtemisOverload wrote:Are there any dates for closing application and eventual accepted people reveal?

There are not any dates selected yet. The applications will probably be open for at least a couple weeks total. Make sure to keep checking the front if the topic to catch when the end date is announced. It may take much longer for the new artists to be announced as staff will have to review all the applications.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kleinkat » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:42 am

Will multiple applicants be chosen or are you only seeking one artist?
About me:
-Bigender
-Autistic
-Entomologist
-Animator

I'm a tribal dog addict
Kleinkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:45 am

Moth-chan wrote:Will multiple applicants be chosen or are you only seeking one artist?

We're looking for multiple artists, not just one. There isn't a specific number of how many we're selecting but based on the previous artist applications we did choose quite a few. ^^

.....✧ Need help? ✧ About Me ✧
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me