Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Weekly Challenge Board: Your thoughts (tick all that apply)

I don't use or visit the oekaki boards at all
7%
I use or browse the oekaki sometimes, but I never go to the weekly challenge board
12%
I sometimes browse or draw in the weekly challenge board
13%
I try to use the weekly challenge board every week
2%
I like the weekly challenge board the way it is and don't think it should change
4%
I think we need longer than 1 week to submit entries for the weekly challenge
8%
It would be good if some of the old weekly challenges were used again so that we could do the ones we missed
14%
It would be good if we could submit weekly challenge ideas
21%
It would be good if the weekly challenge is announced at the top of the forum each week to remind us to check it
20%

Total votes : 2912

Re: Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Postby Affliction » Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, the colored in oekaki, sketches, beginner oekaki, and the weekly oekaki challenge.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, once but I plan on drawing something for the next theme.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think one week is mine, but if it does change I think it should be 10 days rather than two weeks or longer.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes, but only a few. We wouldn't want to be reusing all the old theme ideas!
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I really enjoyed the ones using ocs and fursonas along with ones where you draw your favorite CS pet from an event.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: (Just going to answer this one since I don't use it too often) I feel a bit overwhelmed and nervous about my art, I feel like it just isn't good enough to post and mostly end up deleting it mid-way. ;w;
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ no act of kindness is ever wasted (◕‿◕✿)

if you do debate or model un i would love to chat <3
Affliction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FruityPieQ » Tue May 06, 2014 3:17 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3)
Yup.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:
Yea, I used to do it all the time before my computer broke. Now I only sometimes do it in my off-account art gallery and/or on D.A.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:
Maybe 2 weeks. I like it as one week, but sometimes I'm tooo busy to do it that week. Maybe it could be The Official Monthly Challnege? I love doing it, though!
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?:
Deffinately. I've been missing them myself at times. And it would give people a chance to do another if they really liked it, or they could just skip it.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season)
I've liked basically all of them so far. If you need suggustions, I have a few.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
I used to and still would, but my computer doesn't really let me. I still use it during the library, though, when I go.
Hello! You can call me Pixel or Nick, he/they. I have absolutely no idea how to code a signature to make it look nice <3
FruityPieQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chescab » Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?:
Yes

2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:
Yes I have posted a few times and would love to post more. I've only posted 8 times but since November I have been busy with play rehearsal which has a higher place on the priority list that oekaki.

3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:
It depends how complex the challenge is. A week or two will be great as a quick fun challenge. I do think that we should start keeping a list of all challenges so that people can go "this challenge from April looks cool and I never would of thought of doing that! Even though it's May let's try it!"

4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?:
Depends how popular the theme is.

5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far?
I love them as they allow lots of room for creativity.
Open to trading anything on CS for FR currency. I'm chescab there if anyone wants to trade.
chescab

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:59 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3)
yes :)
No, but I would like to once I can find time.
I like how you have a week to finish art, but I think that maybe the challenge should last a few more days longer. Instead of 7 days, maybe make it 10 or 14? It gives artists who don't have as much time to draw the chance to finish their art before the challenge ends.
Yes! I don't see why they couldn't. It gives people who missed the challenges the chance to draw them, and also allows artists who participated the first time to be able to draw a different character or redo their drawings if they would like.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season)
I haven't really been paying much attention to the themes recently due to being extremely busy and since I keep forgetting to update my Java, so I can't draw. The themes I've seen though are great!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:
I've used the oekaki before, but I haven't used the weekly challenge board yet. I've been really busy lately and I keep forgetting to update my Java, which means I can't draw. Hopefully I'll be able to update my Java sometime over the summer so I can participate in the challenges. :)
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes, i've done a few adoptables and random sketches over the years.

2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: No, i'll explain below c:

3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: No, the reason why i haven't joined in is because i often don't have time to complete something during that week, and then miss out before i can finish. The only one i tried to join was one of the fursona ones, but i ended up not being able to finish due to RL things.

4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes, this is def a good idea. People who missed the time limit can still finish their old entries and post them.

5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I haven't been looking at all themes but the few i saw were really nice C:

Like i said up in question 3, the time is what gets me. If the time was 2-3 weeks or even a month, i'd be much more comfortable with joining c:

I think regarding the themes, if you have one month long themes you won't go through the themes as fast either xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella Blake » Wed May 07, 2014 5:42 am

Hello I have used this kind before but it is my first time. :D
Bella Blake
Bella Blake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Citric » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: yes - 3 times
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: sometimes it's enough, sometimes it isn't; I think it depends on the challange.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: no, but I'd be fine with some event-themed once repeated annually (fave pet from Easter, from Christmas, ect. ect.)
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I think most of them are very good!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: N/A
Pet's name: (Adopted) Baby Christmas Tree

My TradesMy GalleryMy JMDs
Citric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starfin » Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 am

I have a suggestion:

What if there were multiple challenges at once? Maybe three or so. It could be a month to be able to complete these challenges so you have time to do one, two, or even all if you felt like it.
And if you don't want to enter a challenge, you could enter in the other(s) if you wanted to instead of waiting a week for a new challenge.

Would anyone else support this?
wwwwwwwwwwwwwImage
Imagewwwwwwwwwwwww
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CS Goal◾ Obtain One WL Pet Every Day
Goal Completed Today◾ Yes
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━┓
Hi, I'm starfin.
Care to visit
my DA or
Pintrest?

┗━━━━━━━┛

starfin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Wed May 07, 2014 10:45 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Yes, many times!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes, once.
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Definitely not - it's pretty short. It'd probably be better if we had 2 weeks to a month, so people could have time to do challenges that they might not've had time for originally.
Possibly change the time limit according to the season, or have polls every so often to vote on new time limits, as during some seasons people are more busy than usual
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yes, that'd be good! There's a lot of challenges I'd like to do but I've never had the time.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? So far they've been good, I have no complaints on the themes that I've seen.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I'm fairly busy and I don't have enough time to participate, though I would like to.

@starfin - i think that could work out if we had a longer time frame for challenges!

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deideloo » Wed May 07, 2014 11:52 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: Too many can't count.
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: Yes. 12 time. several of which were after waking up early and/or not sleeping at all.
I actually started my first intermediate drawing in Weekly challenge, but decided to just do a really quick crappy sketch for WC and move my better one to Intermediate lele
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it is pretty short-- maybe allow users to enter the challenge for the first half of an eighth day, and then put the new challenge up after 12:00 PM?
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Maybe reuse some from the past years every year, and create some new ones so that it doesn't get boring? But never two similar or alike ones in a row.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I loved the season characters one, and the lemon reaction one. the revamp one was a lot of fun, too!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I just don't have the time and when i do remember (aka today) and want to relieve some stress (aka test symptoms) it's not available :c
hewwo it's chris. they/them or he/him
deideloo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me