Shian's Guide to Successful Trading

Trade your CS pets, items or C$ with other members. A great way to collect any outcomes you've missed!

Re: Shian's Guide to Successful Trading

Postby musicgurl333 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 am

I just spotted this board now, and I think it's a great idea! There's a lot of good advice...especially the part about being positive and not threatening to foe people for every infraction. I was actually just giving similar advice to a newer user who was frustrated with trading. I could have just linked them to this board! :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Also, another reason to avoid the image rules: Oftentimes, rules can be broken just because people can't read them. They could be on mobile, or logging in from a place that blocks images hosted on certain sites (for me personally, lots of these kinds of images get blocked when I log in from a school computer.) It's just a really bad idea, not everyone can log in from a personal computer all the time and I've seen a lot of rules being broken this way.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39 am

I'm not sure if I might have missed this in your guide, but I think a really good thing to do would be to have a specific group of trade groups/a trade group.

If I'm trading with people who don't have one, I get hesitant in what I can trade for or not (I usually leave a copy of each pet behind) and if someone wants to either keep extras or wants to trade a pet they only have one of, not having a trade group can make people a bit worried to trade with a person.
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaHydreigon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:27 pm

I like!!!! Now images don't crash when my Internet is so slow, plus it pulls off the loading! :3 Maybe you should add a bit more on how people post so many images on seperate lines. I've seen those long long list of picture as if it's:

You know what I mean? ^^ So like instead of one like pet picture, they could combine them like :

ImageImage

This is just an idea do you to add :3 the only thing I'll never understand is when people want to show off their pets on a open group, maybe you could add on a. Bit say add to your signature of trade rules instead and advise them that no or would be able to see the "showing off items" part.
(Note typed this on my iPhone, errors here and there. ^^)
Former Eldemore Artist
Eldemore
Youtube
DeviantART
ImageImageImageImage
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:06 am

Nice guide as always shian c:

I have an add-on though ->
Learn basic rarities. Start by reading the 'understanding rarities guide' as well as the 'Is this a fair trade? - guide'. Having a general understanding of what is fair and what isn't can greatly help you get your trades accepted.

When in doubt, don't be scared to ask for help!!. This is a mistake i see so many people make, they are scared to ask for help, afraid to upset someone during trading. The FTT, the 'how much is this pet worth thread' and several other threads are here to help you! use them!

Don't trade for more then you can chew! Sending a trade while you know you don't have enough to pay can be greatly annoying for your trade-partner. Especially when trading for list pets, make sure you've got at least something close to fairness. Don't know if it would be fair? ask or check the Rareslist guide yourself!

Even voicing in the trade message that you are unsure of fairness can help you greatly! When someone sends me an unfair trade saying 'trade?' I'm almost 90% of the time canceling. When someone sends me an unfair trade and says 'I don't know if this is fair, but what do you think?' i know they at least tried to make it fair and am much more willing to edit/sometimes even accept the trade the way it is c:
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonWizard » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:31 am

1. Have a marked trade folder.

It can be intimidating to trade with someone if they don't have a marked trade folder.
Sometimes, people will get angry if someone offered on their favorite pet. Wouldn't you feel the same? If nothing is labeled, it's impossible to tell the difference between a favorite pet and one that can be traded given the right offer. Or even one that can be traded for very little. No one likes it when it happens to them, so most decent traders will try to avoid this situation because it's something they would not want to have happen to them.

I totally agree with one, the amount of times I go to trade with someone and I can't find which pets they have for trade so I don't trade with them
DragonWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolpaw5 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:27 am

Very helpful!!!!
But I have a question:
Where is the "Is this a Fair Trade?" thread? I can't seem to find it...
Sorry if this is irrelevant to this thread!
ImageImage
ᑕᖇᗩᔓᎩ?xxxxxxxxⓃⓞⓡⓜⓐⓛ?

Eᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ...
Wʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏsᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ.

╔══════════════════════════╗
Xura's DiaryDiary HQ
╚══════════════════════════╝
Divider at Glitter Graphics
ImageImageImageImage
Coolpaw5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaHydreigon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Coolpaw5 wrote:Very helpful!!!!
But I have a question:
Where is the "Is this a Fair Trade?" thread? I can't seem to find it...
Sorry if this is irrelevant to this thread!

I can't link it (evil IPhone) but in my signature click on the link that says "Fair Trade Thread" :) it should direct you to that thread.
Former Eldemore Artist
Eldemore
Youtube
DeviantART
ImageImageImageImage
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Country. » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:47 am

Yes! thank you for this! Hopefully more users will take this advice!
Country.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meiscool » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you for this!

a few ideas to add:
1. make your rules easy to read, and add one or two photos, as colorful rules lead to more trades
2. try to send messages when you acept and edit trades, every one likes that!

could you do a post on how to make a 'Please trade with me' post? Thank you so much!
Meiscool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me