Based on Click to view
Artist emgeal [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3

All the Genomes

Postby emgeal » Sun May 30, 2021 11:21 am

Username: emgeal
Genome: AA/BB/gg/pp/Mm/Ss/Susu/DsDs/Tptp/BsBs/TuTu
Phenotype: Masked amber red with saddle, smokey unders, dorsal, tipped, brows and tuxedo

Some parts of this design are cleaner then others, but overall I'm happy with how it came out!

I didn't see any guidance on the following areas when I read the post and wanted to call it out:
* Eye color
* 'Darker' Fur tones - Is it proper to do it like I did by darkening the base coat (which resulted in a color outside of the base coat range because I started with a dark coat to begin with)?
* Minimum area for the always included tail tip.

Also I just realized I picked very similar markings to the person who had already posted.... My bad, I was literally just picking mostly common markings to play with and see how they layered on. If anyone is upset by it just comment and I'll change up my entry.
Last edited by emgeal on Mon May 31, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: All the Genomes

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

Looks good! I like the use of the smokey unders to really bring out more of the amber dilution in the fox since reds don't generally have enough black to show much of an amber dilution!

Here's some clarification on the things you weren't sure about:
I haven't exactly laid it out in words, but eyes can be any natural color found in foxes, with red/pink reserved for achromatic foxes.
The darker fur tones should be a darker shade of their base color, it is okay if it falls outside the base coat range, as long as it is not oversaturated or unnatural-looking. The shade you've used would be acceptable.
Minimum range for tail tip is basically just "visible." As long as you can see that the tip of the tail is white, you're golden

Only problems I see in this specific fox are as follows:
Amber dilution lightly dilutes the red in foxes, usually resulting in the lighter shades on the red spectrum as opposed to the darker shades. I forgot to update this on the artist search page after updating it on the main page, so that's my fault, I'll update things asap so there's no confusion moving forward.
There should also be a color difference in your saddle and your dorsal, generally with the dorsal being darker and showing over the top of the saddle. This is another thing I haven't made super clear though, so I'll update that as well.

The phenotype for this fox would be:
Masked amber red with saddle, smokey unders, dorsal, tipped, brows and tuxedo
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: All the Genomes

Postby emgeal » Mon May 31, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you for the clarification, I'll update this fox to fit those specifications.(Also thank you for making it clear that the information wasn't in the post. I did try really hard to make sure I was following all written rules!)

However I think my phenotype is correct as it also has the Mask marking in addition to masked red.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT: Wait... I thought the masked referred to the dilution gene (like fire factor). I am now realizing it means the Mask marking. My bad!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT 2: Amber on the main page says
"Causes black fur to turn reddish grey, combination of pearl and burgundy. Lightly dilutes the red in cross foxes and most reds will fall on the lighter end of the red spectrum"

I took this to mean that only the reds on cross foxes was diluted ONLY, not red foxes. Maybe we could change the second sentence to be
"Lightly dilutes the red in cross and red foxes; most reds will fall on the lighter end of the red spectrum."

Or something similar?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT 3: .... This definitely wasn't my first time using the Okekai in 10 years and I definitely did not color a significant number of the markings in the base layer. (I did not do this in my other entry.)

I'm going to just strike this one and make a couple of new ones that show I understand both the rules and how to use the Okakai....
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me