Based on Click to view
Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Hover Fox Artist Search

Postby Metallic Dragon » Tue May 04, 2021 2:27 am

I'm seeking some help with my foxes! If you're interested in becoming an artist, please feel free to design a few foxes!

Rules:
1. All foxes must follow the markings guidelines.
2. A genome and phenotype must be listed on your entry(so I know you understand how the genome system works)
3. Do not make fake foxes for yourself
4. No art theft please
5. All rules for Hover foxes apply here.

Application form: (must be present on all entries)
Code: Select all
Username:
Genome:
Phenotype:

Genome and markings information:

Base Coats:

Hover Foxes can have one of three base coats. Which they have depends on their genome.

Red (AA/BB) - When in homozygous dominant condition, red should always be expressed unless combined with homozygous recessive silver. When in homozygous recessive condition, no red should be expressed. Reds in this range are generally orange-reds and can be quite bright.

Silver (AA/bb, Aa/bb, aa/bb, aa/BB, aa/Bb) - When in homozygous dominant condition, no silver should be expressed unless combined with homozygous recessive red. When in homozygous recessive condition, silver is always expressed. Silver foxes often have silver tips on their fur(similar in range to sable) but may also appear brownish-tinted black or simply black with no silvering present. The amount of silvering often depends on the parents. This silvering can be seen even in silver foxes with dilutions applied.

Standard Cross (AA/Bb, Aa/Bb, Aa/BB) - Heterozygous silver can be partially expressed alongside homozygous red, resulting in Cross. When both Silver and Red alleles are heterozygous, they combine to create Cross. The reds expressed in cross foxes tend to be somewhat deeper in color than the more orange-reds of the red base. The amount of red or silver expressed on the coat is dependent upon the parents and alleles involved(eg. AA/Bb would contain more silver, Aa/Bb would contain equal amounts of red and silver, Aa/BB would contain more red)

Dilution Genes:

These genes dilute the base coat and markings depending on the genes expressed

Pearl (pp) - Causes black fur to turn grey

Burgundy (gg) - Causes black fur to turn reddish

Amber (gg/pp) - Causes black fur to turn reddish grey, combination of pearl and burgundy. Lightly dilutes the red in cross foxes and most reds will fall on the lighter end of the red spectrum

Fire Factor (ff)- Causes red fur to turn pale orange or shades of yellow, only visible in red or cross based foxes. -UNCOMMON

Platinum (Pwpw, PwPw) - Adds white and dilutes/lightens the entire coat - UNCOMMON

Browning (Brbr, BrBr) - Causes black fur to turn brown, only presents in silver foxes. Brbr presents as more yellow shades of brown, BrBr results in fur ranging from pale brown to dark chocolate, can result in blue-ish tinted foxes when combined with pearl.

Colicott (gFgF) - Causes black fur to turn reddish brown

Radium(Special) (rr) - Lightens the silver base and adds white guard hairs evenly distributed over the body - VERY RARE

Markings:

Hover Foxes can have a wide range of markings associated with their genome. These are described below alongside their symbol and rarity, click on their name to see a visual of each marking's range! Remember that these images are just the range in which the markings can be found, not necessarily the appearance of the markings themselves! When markings are said to be "dark, or darker" they should be a darker shade of the base coat and may fall outside of the given ranges as long as they are not oversaturated or unnatural-looking.

Required Markings:

Minimum White - Not associated with a specific allele, all foxes have a white or cream tip on their tail. May be large or small as long as it is visible and does not resemble dipped. This may be covered up in melanistic foxes, but should be visible on all others.

Extremely Common Markings:

Mask (MM, Mm) - Presents as black markings on the muzzle, eyes, face, wings, and legs

Unders (UU, Uu) - Presents as white/cream markings on muzzle, neck, and belly, as well as the primary feathers on the wings and tail at maximum

Smokey Unders (SuSu, Susu) - Presents as black markings on the muzzle, neck, and belly, as well as the primary feathers on the wings and tail at maximum. Can present at the same time as unders, in which case both must be visible.

Common Markings:

Collared (CoCo, Coco) - Presents as white/cream covering 50-100% of the neck

Dorsal (DsDs, Dsds) - Presents as a line of darker fur that extends down the back and along the tail, following the dorsal line. Always shows above other back markings and should be darker than saddle or blanket.

Sable (SaSa, Sasa) - Presents as dark tipped fur most often extending from the spine and down the sides.

Saddle (SS, Ss) - Presents as a dark colored patch that extends from the shoulders to the hips. May be solid or broken.

Barred (BaBa, Baba) - Dark colored bars on the wings, visible on the dorsal side of the wing and on the primaries and secondaries of the lateral side of the wings.

Tipped (TpTp, Tptp) - White tips on all feathers

Uncommon Markings:

Dipped (TT, Tt - Presents as an extended white/cream tip on the tail

Brows (BsBs, Bsbs) - Presents as patches of color or white above the eyes, much like a husky

Ticking (TiTi, Titi) - Presents as very small, dark speckles of one color mixed in with the coat color. Not to be confused with Dalmatian which falls in the same range but contains larger spots.

Tuxedo (TuTu, Tutu) - White marking on the chin, front paws, and in a patch on the chest

Rare Markings:

Whitemark (Ww, WW) - White markings appear on muzzle and paws, heterochromia can occur with this marking. Homozygous dominant genes can result in blindness and infertility

Dalmatian (DD, Dd) - Presents as dark spots extending from head to tail. Not to be confused with ticking which consists of tiny speckles rather than spots. Falls in the same range as ticking.

Brindling (DnDn, Dndn) - Presents as striping black markings mixed in with the base coat color

Very Rare Markings:

Vitiligo (VV, Vv) - Produces a white, spotted effect within the normal coat

Georgian (NN, Nn) - Most of the body is white with patches of base coat color along the back, on muzzle, face, wings, and legs

Marbling (Mwmw, MwMw) - Mostly white body with color being restricted to the wings, head, and sometimes sorsal stripe or saddle, as well as markings on the tail and spots on the legs at maximum. Homozygous dominant genes can result in blindness and infertility

Special Markings:

Opal (oo) - White brindling in addition to large white markings on the body.

Mutations:

Achromia/Albinism - Can occur rarely in any breeding and results in complete loss of melanin, gives the affected fox pale skin and pink or pale blue eyes

Melanism - Hyperpigmentation results in fully black foxes, some markings may appear as "shadows" on the fur

Leucism - Can occur rarely in any breeding and results in partial or total loss of multiple pigments. Generally do not have blue or pink eyes

Snow Nose - A rare genetic mutation associated with recessive red genes that result in pale skin on the nose

Piebaldism - Can occur in any breeding, results in white spots or irregular white patterns on their fur which can be limited to just the feet or can extend and cover up to 50% of the fox's body

Eye Colors:

Eyes may be any natural color found in red foxes. Shades of red/pink are reserved for achromatic foxes.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hover Fox Artist Search

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 pm

Bump
Metallic Dragon