Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

these hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for! by coffee.berry

Artist coffee.berry [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

these hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for!

Postby coffee.berry » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am

ok this song has been stuck in my head for the whole day!! i love sweater weather (the song)
    so much aaa and i don't want to get sick of it so it's worrying me?

onto the rambling on part - you can skip this and leave if you want (highlight to read)!!

what the actual snickerdoodle. i didn't really think about it until now but people who are
    crushed on are so lucky. today in biology (i got my exam back - 94/100!) we were discussing
    our grades because the professor is pretty laid-back, and i asked my friend S about hers.
    i was just like "hey S?" and then her side partner, R (they're best friends) said "yeah?" as if he
    was her secretary and now, hours later, it hits me
    he's freaking in love with her. he braids her long, brown hair in class and always sits next to
    her and like.. she's lucky. he may not be the cutest in looks but like - that's a WINNER. in
    stereotypes, he's the class clown mixed with a jock which isn't usually the best person but he
    makes up for it. for context i do NOT like him but S is really lucky
    i don't know if anyone has a crush on me lol i have a faint idea that a guy in my class, P, does
    since he tries to talk to me/refers to me a lot but nobody braids my hair in class or makes an
    effort to sit next to me. the only person who's ever asked someone to swap seats so they'd be
    next to me was my ex-crush and current best friend who used to like me but says he doesn't
    anymore. good times.
    that's it, that's the post. thanks for reading
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: these hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for

Postby ♥ mizu » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:40 pm

YESS this song is so good, i used to listen to it so much!! it's timeless and i still listen to it lol. it's nostalgic, i love listening while playing old games. also i love this drawing?? one of my best friends irl has eyes that are almost exactly this colour (hers have blue rims) and god they're stunning. lovely drawing!

coffee.berry wrote:
    i got my exam back - 94/100!

first of all, great job!!! that's flippin amazing!!!!!

coffee.berry wrote:
    we were discussing our grades because the professor is pretty laid-back, and i asked my friend S about hers.
    i was just like "hey S?" and then her side partner, R (they're best friends) said "yeah?" as if he
    was her secretary and now, hours later, it hits me
    he's freaking in love with her. he braids her long, brown hair in class and always sits next to
    her and like.. she's lucky. he may not be the cutest in looks but like - that's a WINNER. in
    stereotypes, he's the class clown mixed with a jock which isn't usually the best person but he
    makes up for it.

firstly i have to say it's funny that he responded to you saying her name lol instead of letting her respond. but that's probably just instinct idk. i love how you called him her secretary xD but really. that's beautiful. having a BOY braid her hair is so intimate my god. that's so sweet, it really is. i'm happy for her! it sounds like he's a nice dude.

coffee.berry wrote:
    i don't know if anyone has a crush on me lol i have a faint idea that a guy in my class, P, does
    since he tries to talk to me/refers to me a lot but nobody braids my hair in class or makes an
    effort to sit next to me. the only person who's ever asked someone to swap seats so they'd be
    next to me was my ex-crush and current best friend who used to like me but says he doesn't
    anymore. good times.

i totally think that S and R are outliers. having somebody braid your hair in class sounds so sweet and loving. it sounds like something out of a book, really. but i think that everyone has different ways of expressing their love for others. some people are touchier, some just look at you adoringly when you aren't looking. but i do get that feeling of wanting to be crushed on. i really do, vai - it sucks. i SERIOUSLY understand it, it hurts. wanting to be appreciated by others for simply existing is such a hard feeling. wanting to be loved romantically is hard.

i want to say "you have friends that love you for who you are!!" because you do, but, ultimately, i don't think that'd help much haha. we're both in school so i can definitely offer you this advice as somebody who has never been in/accepted a romantic invitation:

• people are SO messy. even friendships are hard. boys our age don't typically act with good judgement and can destroy you if you happen to get into the wrong relationship. girls can too, i'm just saying this from the perspective of a cishet girl who has only ever had "experience" with boys.
• school (romantic) relationships don't often last and just lead to people disliking each other
• this probably doesn't help much but having to think of/depend on another person for emotional validation or even just. the maintenance of being in a relationship is tiring lol. people love drama and will always be watching you. instead of chatting with your friends at lunch, it'll always be "omg vaiiiii so how is it with [x]??~". you're no longer a singular unit - you're two people. at least in my experience.

again this probably isn't helping much because i totally get how you feel and this isn't helping me too much but. i figured i'd at least respond haha. it helps me work out my feelings too, if that helps? i'm here if you need anything ^^
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me