Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Somewhere, in the sky. by Duplix

Artist Duplix [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Somewhere, in the sky.

Postby Duplix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am

Somewhere in the sky, a mother is teaching her baby to fly.
      When I look at the sun and the moon I wonder if you're looking too, in another world are we connected by the stars?
      People say the moon is in love with the sun, cursed to chase her forever over the horizon.
      But I think, the moon loves the earth.
      Ripped apart all those years ago and she drifts ever further from us- is she sad? Watching us move on? I can't imagine what it's like to watch someone you treasure blossom from afar.
      Does the moon miss her mother?
      Does she feel broken- never enough?
      I never had a mother- but I had a father, for just a moment.
      For just a moment as you held me close and looked me in my eyes- I had that, I was whole. But moments pass. And like the moon I'm cursed to drift away and watch from afar. Does the moon feel like she is enough? Does she dance alone in the night sky and feel content? I don't, though I don't think I ever had. It's funny, being too much and never enough all at once. Maybe I'm designed to be bitter sweet, and acquired taste. But I'll look for you, in the sun and moon, On winter nights when I wrap up warm, because you always were my favourite sweater. I'll look for you, and I know you'll never look back. But for a moment, you did. Though you can't look back at me, look back at that moment. Look back at that, while I look for you in my memories. And together, we will look at the moon. And though in silence, we will be.

-D
Dupe - They/Them - Queer(T4T)
Mp3 | ToyHouse | Pm me
I literally love talking, roleplay, art and tarot.
@
Duplix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Somewhere, in the sky.

Postby TheMightyGooser » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 am

I can look back at you.