Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

fursona reveal by moththyme

Artist moththyme [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

fursona reveal

Postby moththyme » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:57 am

this is actually what i look like irl /j

i've never been really into anthro characters/media aside from like bojack horseman and we bare bears (striking contrast between those two shows lol), but i finally got around to watching beastars and i really love it. using anthro animals as a shorthand way to show personality traits is really compelling to me - part of why i really like bojack - but i also really like the way that beastars uses dynamics between different species of animals as a means of examining social conflicts and positions of power. i've always been kind of on the fence about zootopia, because i really enjoyed the worldbuilding and the characters, but i felt that zootopia came across as being written as a 1:1 metaphor for racism, which imo is flawed because it equates real life racialized groups to predatory animals. beastars, on the other hand, uses the whole predator/prey conflict in a civilized world as a metaphor for a variety of power dynamics and social conflicts within an urban japanese context, which imo is written pretty successfully. i'm also just really intrigued by the premise of different kinds of anthro animals living in a world together. maybe i'll watch zootopia again for the parts that i enjoy.

anyway, enough rambling about tv/movies. oekaki was fun to use! i've been drawing in photoshop for several years now and i usually just choose to not try out different software or drawing tools, but oekaki has most of the tools that i tend to use for digital drawing so i might come back to it.
they/them | adult | what if life could be dream Image Image
moththyme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me