Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

hold on baby by emporio!

Artist emporio! [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
63 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

hold on baby

Postby emporio! » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am

please please ignore how bad this looks. I cant stop thinking about poe and pj for longer than two seconds or i start blowing stuff up with my mind involuntarily. kids out there who only draw animals please watch out because if you suddenly get really into drawing people like, ten years in the future, youll realize youre actually multiple years behind on your human drawing skills and you cant draw the stuff you want and it will all be very annoying. practice your backgrounds and practice your people or you will look like me. ok thatse all
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: hold on baby

Postby 67Phlox » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 am

Good art! Very lovely, as always^^ I especially like the composition and contrast between the top (colourful, soft?) and bottom (two tone, sharp?)

But that description... is so real...
that it shot straight through my head (joking! figure of speech!)(exaggerating) and gave me psychic damage (as boring and bland this may sound)(you just nailed my exact feelings about drawing people)(i didn't know how else i could convey it)
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am

67Phlox wrote:Good art! Very lovely, as always^^ I especially like the composition and contrast between the top (colourful, soft?) and bottom (two tone, sharp?)

But that description... is so real...
that it shot straight through my head (joking! figure of speech!)(exaggerating) and gave me psychic damage (as boring and bland this may sound)(you just nailed my exact feelings about drawing people)(i didn't know how else i could convey it)

thank you so so so much I'm so glad you think so! the contrast in particular was very intentional I'm very happy I succeeded there!
and don't worry we are in this people drawing struggle together. animals and things are a breeze but once real human anatomy comes into play? gone. I'm reduced to atoms. having a balance of art you're well-versed in is incredibly difficult lol but I believe in the both of us (and anybody else sharing the same struggle lol)
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 am

reasons why i turn any humans into anthros to draw
AM I TO BLAME FOR RIDING THIS
--- TRAIN RIGHT BY MY DESTINY ?

-- bug/mech he/it nb aroace !!!
toyhouse @ WYRMPLES 🙾🙾🙾🙾🙾🙾🙾
bug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 pm

bug wrote:reasons why i turn any humans into anthros to draw

Not a bad strategy to be honest
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quillflight » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 pm

emporio! wrote:please please ignore how bad this looks. I cant stop thinking about poe and pj for longer than two seconds or i start blowing stuff up with my mind involuntarily. kids out there who only draw animals please watch out because if you suddenly get really into drawing people like, ten years in the future, youll realize youre actually multiple years behind on your human drawing skills and you cant draw the stuff you want and it will all be very annoying. practice your backgrounds and practice your people or you will look like me. ok thatse all

as a kid(?)(20 days into not being one I guess) who only draws animals (that’s a lie but whatever) i love your art style. they are so stylized? i love the hands? the little smile? the smile is literally :) that’s the best smile i love it i love your art please keep drawing forever as you are able
Quillflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badass skeleton » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm

this is so so so incredibly beautiful i always forget to comment on art but i want you to know this is probably my favourite piece of art right now there is so much BEAUTY in this oh my goodness. I REALLY love the colours you chose for the bottom and the way that you made the two drawings interact almost as if you took a camera and sliced the earth down the middle and exposed the 2nd piece

i'm imagining its kind of like youre looking at the back of the person in the top drawing existing radiantly like you just snuck a look at a deity okay sorry i lvoe this bye
badass skeleton is no more
badass skeleton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 am

Quillflight wrote:
emporio! wrote:-snip-

as a kid(?)(20 days into not being one I guess) who only draws animals (that’s a lie but whatever) i love your art style. they are so stylized? i love the hands? the little smile? the smile is literally :) that’s the best smile i love it i love your art please keep drawing forever as you are able

such an incredibly nice thing to say!! I've been struggling to make stuff cause it's never As Well Done as I'd like it to be so it's really nice knowing it's still enjoyable as-is lol. rest assured I don't think I'd stop even if I could so we can keep on trucking together
badass skeleton wrote:this is so so so incredibly beautiful i always forget to comment on art but i want you to know this is probably my favourite piece of art right now there is so much BEAUTY in this oh my goodness. I REALLY love the colours you chose for the bottom and the way that you made the two drawings interact almost as if you took a camera and sliced the earth down the middle and exposed the 2nd piece

i'm imagining its kind of like youre looking at the back of the person in the top drawing existing radiantly like you just snuck a look at a deity okay sorry i lvoe this bye

BLUUUUH I APPRECIATE THIS SM. like just sitting here smiling about it kind of appreciation. love when my intentions are noticed by the viewer love when the Art is Understood.... like straight up yeah u got it. forgive me for talking about my fellas unprompted but first image was intended to be the sort of "first appearance" of pj, so it really is like sneaking a look at a deity lol. thanks for commenting!
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby risotto » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 am

I somehow missed this but this is. SO gorgeous oh my god pj moment 🫶 and the human thing is sooo relatable I randomly forced myself to start drawing humans but sometimes they just don't cooperate with how I want to draw
┌───────────────────┐
rire | it/its | adult
loveless aro
──────
la squadra

TH | art shop
mista enthusiast
risotto nero irl
└───────────────────┘
risotto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:43 pm

risotto wrote:I somehow missed this but this is. SO gorgeous oh my god pj moment 🫶 and the human thing is sooo relatable I randomly forced myself to start drawing humans but sometimes they just don't cooperate with how I want to draw

THANK U VERY MUCH & I rlly like how you draw humans so you must've done something correctly :]
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me