Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Hazmat Reference by rem sleep

Artist rem sleep [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hazmat Reference

Postby rem sleep » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 pm

thought I may as well make this funny creature a reference!
      This is my Backrooms OC, Hazmat! Below are some funky details and notes!

Name: REDACTED
      Pseudonym: Hazmat
      Reason for Pseudonym: It's the brand of suit xe's wearing.
      Species: Presumed Human
      Class: Backrooms Wanderer
      Pronouns: Any. They / He / She / Xe / It.
      Notes: Hazmat is a mild-mannered wanderer. It is shy and prefers to keep to itself, save for the odd Vulpes that follows it around. It's friendly and sociable enough when approached and is happy to engage with other wanderers in pleasant conversation. Xe has three patches on xer hazmat suit's shoulder that differentiate xem from other wanderers. These patches are an operator's symbol, a rainbow flag, and a white star. On occasion Hazmat has been seen to adorn themselves with other decor items, but these are not permanently affixed to their suit, so they vary. Hazmat is a true wanderer in that he never stays in one level too long, always moving from place to place. No one knows what she's looking for, but it has to be something... Rumor has it that xe got to the backrooms by falling down the stairs and accidentally no-clipping out of reality, rather than a deliberate effort to be in the backrooms.
      Faction: None, but appears neutral-friendly to all factions.
      Inventory: Essential supplies, rations, almond water, etc. No special or key items at this time.
      Allies: Variable. It is often alone. It is always followed by a strange Vulpes creature, though.

Name: None
      Pseudonym: Vulpe
      Reason for Pseudonym: Named after its species, Vulpes.
      Species: Vulpes, a type of backrooms creature that resembles a distorted fox. Native to many levels of the backrooms and of dubious threat level and tameability.
      Pronouns: Xe / It
      Notes; Vulpe follows Hazmat around for unknown reasons. Xe does not appear to be a tamed companion of Hazmat's, and so it's unclear why xe follows him. Hazmat insists that Vulpe speaks to him telepathically, but this ability is not a documented trait of the species and is believed impossible. Vulpe often lingers in Hazmat's shadow. Xe doesn't attack those who come close to Hazmat but is wary of them. Often times one could forget xe was even there at all.
      Allies: Tentatively Hazmat

♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist