Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Palírroia reference by Koiley

Based on Click to view
Artist Koiley [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Palírroia reference

Postby Koiley » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Name:
Palírroia
Means 'tide' in Greek.
Age (at most 200):
Personality::
WIP
Element:
Water
Attacks:
WIP
Rank (leader, beta, loner, etc):

Special Ability (invent, dude!):
Theme Song:
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay
Story:
Random chapter names. B|

The Beginning;

It was a somber and rainy day on the coast near where the humans trained Warrior Armored Gryphons to fight Sabers. It had been storming, and the swells of the ocean were massive. They’d been bringing in interesting items onto the bleak beaches all day. Among these items were things like golden coins, jewelry, and even a spare boot or two. Though nobody expected what would come out of the foreboding waters today.

A lone human happened to be walking on the beach on this day when the rain had taken a break, just to get out of the stuffy buildings. Her name happened to be Macy. She was surprised at what she had been finding washed up on the damp sand, but she hadn’t seen anything yet. She continued walking, her hands shoved into the pockets of her smoky gray overcoat. Macy noticed a rather large object in the distance, squinting her eyes to try and make out what it was. She couldn’t, so she jogged forwards a few paces and gasped. ‘A..Gryphon?’ She thought to herself, walking closer. Macy crouched down to the soaking, furry, and shivering lump. She gently put her hand on the small gryphon, and it snapped feebly at her. She gently turned it over, seeing it was missing quite a few feathers and looked somewhat scrawny. Macy took a chance, pulling the Gryphon up into her arms and under her jacket. She endured a few light nips from it’s beak, which didn’t hurt. She felt better once it had stopped shivering under her jacket. Macy stood up once again, making a snap decision to bring it back to the training facility. She walked briskly back to her work building, shielding the delicate baby Gryphon from the cold rain.

A few months later, the Gryphon cub had been named Palírroia. Palírroia means ‘tide’ in Greek, though many call her Pal or Pali. Macy thought it would be fitting considering the circumstances the cub had been found in. She was doing well in her new home. She’d fattened up, and grown quite a bit. Pal was now about the size of a medium sized dog. They were going to begin her training soon.

[[We’re going to be turning to Palírroia’s point of view now. The above was just her coming into being in the story.]]

Violence;

I hate it. I hate the ones who teach. This is pointless. Violence will not solve anything.

I don’t understand why they make us fight Sabers. What did they ever do to us Gryphons?

When the humans teach us these ‘classes’ on how to fight Sabers, I barely pay attention. Usually I find something to contemplate, or marvel in the corner over some little trinket I found on the beach where I was washed up as a cub. I find that beach a magical place, treasures always appear on those sandy shores. Though in the classes, and around other Gryphons, I’m an outsider. They all taunt me for being the worst fighter, and they tell me the things I find on the beach are just trash. I don’t believe them, I try not to let what they say bother me..but it does at times. When I ever get too down, I think about my theory that there must be something out there...some other place for us Gryphons to live. I had to come from somewhere, right!? Nobody understands my reasoning though. But one day! One day I’m going to find that place.

Provocation;

[[A few years later, she’s about an older teenager.]]

Okay that was it. They hit home this time. I’ve decided it, I’m leaving tonight.

It started out as a normal day, I trudged unwillingly into class. I never wanted to go, but I was never tardy. Almost like a shadow, nobody really noticed me anymore. I was sitting in my little corner, looking at a little shiny object that I found the other day. It looked like a ring that would fit around a human’s wrist, it is like small chains links woven together in a ring. It had little, shall I say, charms hanging from it. It was pretty, and I liked looking at it. But anyway, I was sitting in the corner, and hadn’t noticed a group of three gryphons saunter over. One of them, seeming to be the leader, jabbed me rather hard with his claw. I let out a small squeal, and they snickered. I looked calmly back at them while they glared at me. The leader snatched up my pretty charms, and I began to protest. But after learning from experience, staying quiet and making them think it didn’t bother me worked best. He sniffed at it, twirling it around slightly, watching it sparkle “May I please have it back?” I asked cautiously, and the others laughed darkly. He replied “Pff, why do you even have this trash anyway? Oh that’s right, because you floated in from the ocean. She could be an alien, guys!” He cackled to his cronies, and they laughed too. He snapped my charms to pieces in his beak, and I let out a small cry. I couldn’t take it anymore. I jumped up, slashing him across the face with my right talons. He leaped back, shocked that I took a hit at him. He came at me then, and I was no match for him. He had me pinned in almost an instant. The leader reached down, biting at my neck and taking a few chunks of feathers out before the human teacher came over, breaking us up. I backed up against the wall, panting hard and bleeding slightly from my neck. I took off out of the room and down the hallways, fleeing back to my dwelling. I didn’t care, I knew I would be in trouble for running from class. I was leaving anyway, so what did it matter? I hid at that point, devising my plan to search for the land which I must’ve come from.

Bon Voyage;

[[Later that day]]

I’d heard many voices calling my name, most of them I knew but they’d become background noises in my life. Like I’ve said before, I don’t pay attention to the others, they’re not worth it. Once the voices stopped and it was late into the next day, I stood up from my hiding place in a small cave I’d found when we were allowed outside for a break during the ‘school’. I walked out of the cave, taking a running start, then spreading my wings, and lifting off into flight. I didn’t know where I was going, but figured starting at the beach would be a good plan. I pointed myself over the direction the beach was at, coming in for a soft landing. It seemed to be another rainy day, like the day I was found, though the clouds seemed to be clearing up and I caught patches of sunlight now and then. I soared into the skies once again, landing on a cliff above the ocean. The wind was fierce, but I stood my ground. I puffed out my chest, taking in the scent of the sea, and holding my head high. I believed if I could find this place, I could have a new start on life instead of violence. With this notion, I leaped off the cliff, spreading my wings at the last minute, gliding across the water. I lightly lowered one talon, letting it splice through the water and send out a shower of glittering droplets, noticing a tiny rainbow among them where a ray of sunlight had shone through. I soared up then, cutting through the clouds and into the now visible setting sun, which had turned the sky bright and vibrantly orange. I then flew into the sunset on my search for a land of peace, not knowing if I would ever find it or not.

Encounter of Realization;

I’d flown all night, and I was getting ready to just pass out. I flew in for a landing once I’d finally spotted a small island, almost crashing. I hadn’t known it at the time but it wasn’t really an island, it was a peninsula. I looked around myself, checking for danger or threats, I spotted none as I was half asleep already.

I was jarred awake some hours later by a sharp jab in the side. I jumped up, letting out a rather pathetic noise that was supposed to sound angry and threatening. As my eyes cleared from sleep, I saw two Sabers cackling at me. ‘Oh how I wish I would’ve payed more attention in class..’ I thought desperately, backing up slightly. The one growled, stepping forwards “Where do you think you’re going?” He asked, before leaping at me. I dodged, but he caught some purchase on my right hip. I winced as his sharp claws tore through my flesh. I snapped around, attempting to run away, when his buddy jumped on my back and started tearing at my neck. I spread my wings, trying desperately to flap and get into the air, but the weight of the Saber on my back was too much. The realization hit me, I was going to have to hurt them. I hesitated for a moment, but the burning sensation from the Saber ripping at my neck woke me up from my daze. With speed I’d never seen before in myself, I darted forwards, pecking and using water attacks at the Saber who spoke to me. I’d injured him enough that he ran for the bushes, and the one on my back had leaped down a while ago to help his friend. I then came at him, the heat of battle and adrenaline coursed through my veins, a red fog clouding my vision. I stopped finally after minutes of attacking, the fog clearing, and my chest heaving in raspy breaths. I looked down at the Saber, well, what was left of him, and realized this: I was an animal that was bred to kill, and I could not deny it.

Contemplation and Resolution;

I decided after that moment that I would return to the training place, and resume what I was being taught. Witnessing that horrid animal I had become and could not control, I knew that I would have to embrace it even if I didn’t enjoy it. I had taken off from that peninsula after getting my wits together and cleaning up. I still had a pretty good gash on my right hip, and scattered cuts and bruises. I collected all my thoughts as I flew, going over everything that had been milling about in my head. As my mind wandered towards what my punishment might be, I amended that I would bear it with dignity. I thought more about school and the other Gryphons, and I suddenly saw the image of my charm bracelet being crunched between the one Gryphon’s beak. A spark of anger rippled through me, but I calmed it, and vowed that I would show them up. I would show all of those who called me weak, wimpy, or anything else, that I could be just as good as they were.

WIP still!

Art of her:
By `nievegato
By me
By `nievegato
By Painteh
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes