Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Beginnings by Whovian5EVA

Artist Whovian5EVA [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
151 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Beginnings

Postby Whovian5EVA » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 am

My First art of my Storkies (Species credit to kiwipen)
Neveya's Page and Kieran's Page

I like to think that this is where both of them took their most critical step towards taking their first step towards their magic!!

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

It’s time to get to work!

Postby Whovian5EVA » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:43 pm

This is a more detailed description of the scene above and I'm redeeming it for the "It’s time to get to work!" Prompt!

Neveya nervously made her way towards the training area. Annoyed, she sighed, of course the exact place she needed to go was in the middle of town. Down here it wasn’t like her cosy little mountain home, it was quietly hostile. She could almost feel the stares that the other storkies were giving her. She made a point of leaving her favourite cloak at home, she figured it would draw too much attention, but now she felt exposed and vulnerable. She ducked her head and hurried towards her destination. All this just so she could learn about her magic, she just wanted to prove that her magic wasn’t all bad. Her start was the library, next to the training area, as she passed storkies shushed their children and glared at Neveya as she passed. She focussed only on the ground beneath her feet, this was so much scarier without Elara by her side she almost promised herself that she wouldn’t do this again without her.
At last, she had made it to the library. She let out the breath she had been holding in without realising. Walking up to the entrance, she pushed through the doors and gasped. She hadn’t been in here for years and it had changed so drastically. Bookshelves covered the walls and were filled with books of various colour. There were new ladders and pathways all along the shelves. Neveya guessed that was her ticket to the books she needed. She searched about for the magic section, craning her neck to see the labels all the way at the top of the bookshelves. She searched left and right for the magic section and she still couldn’t find anything. With her head buried at the bottom of a bookshelf, she let out a defeated sigh maybe learning her magic was harder than she thought…
A small shaky voice called over her shoulder, “Hi uh, Would you like a hand? I noticed that you’d been searching for a while…?”
She braced herself. The stranger probably didn’t realise that she was a death storkie…She braced herself, and turned around to face the disgust she was so often met with….
Nothing…
The feline standing in front of her just stood there patiently waiting for her answer.
She did her best to form a response “I’m trying to find some books about magic…”
“I’d guess that’s why you were having trouble finding it” they said with a kind but awkward smile. “They’re not grouped like that anymore. Now the magic books are grouped with similar topics. Was there a magic in particular that you wanted?”
“Uh…” Neveya hesitated, maybe they had mistaken her for a shadow storkie she didn’t really want to say the truth… “Please don’t freak out, I know its awful but I just need to…” She pleaded at first but she eventually spat out the last part of the sentence. “I’m trying to learn more about my birth magic… Death magic…”
Kieran’s heart dropped, sure they was TERRIFIED of death storkies as a kit, but their heart dropped for a different reason. They had never heard so much distaste when someone spoke of their own magic before. Their heart broke for her. In that moment, her pain resonated with them, and all they could see was someone that was hurting. Their expression softened. “I’ll help you find them. I’m not sure which section they would be in though…” Kieran set out to search…
Neveya looked at the kind, fire storkie and couldn’t help but wonder, if maybe things would turn out alright…
“Maybe history? Because a lot of the people in history are… you know…” Neveya shied away from the word. The two made their way over to the history section and began to search.
Kieran liked it here in the library, it was a lot quieter than outside. No loud noises to spook him.
His attention returned to… the stranger, they realised they didn’t know her name… “I’m Kieran by the way” they offered.
“You can call me Neveya, I live up on the mountain though so you probably won’t see me often…” She preferred her mountain home, but sometimes she did miss the companionship of someone else..
Kieran shuffled nervously “Do you mind me asking, why do you hate your birth magic so much? I think it’s kinda cool that you have a real rare magic…”
“It’s just that death is so destructive… “ She grew silent.
Kieran offered up their thoughts on their own magic “I know it’s not the same, but I’m a fire storkie. Fire can bring such awful amounts of destruction, frankly I’ve been too scared to study my magic at all”
“I guess it’s just that I’ve spent years asking myself, what good could possibly come from death magic, and come up empty.” Her voice grew quiet, “At that point… It’s hard not to hate it… ” She furrowed her brow, almost like she was focusing on nothing but her thoughts.
“I’m working my way past that now though, I want to learn because I hope that I may find some good in it.” Kieran felt as though she was saying that more for herself than for him.
“That’s incredible, I never thought about it that way… It seems scary though” Kieran pictured their future if they decided to study their magic…
Neveya continued “I think that’s actually why I want to study mine. So I don't have to be always running away from who and what I am. At least if I learn it, I can make sure I never accidentally hurt someone with it.”
Kieran nodded as they continued to search, taking in Neveya’s words. As they searched for any book that might help Neveya they spotted a dark grey book, with a darker title, ‘Death Magic’. “Here! I’ve found it!” they called to Nevaya.
“Really?” Neveya hurried over, looking at the cover’s inscription, “it is! Thank you Kieran!”
“I need to head home, but I’d like it if you’d want to visit some time…” Neveya offered, hopeful that this wasn’t the last time she’d see Kieran.

1016 Words

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
Uni Student | adult
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beginnings

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:59 am

AMAZING! Congrats on the feature!
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot!
If the prices are too high, please let me know; I don't know how high/low to price them!! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whovian5EVA » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:40 am

COOLDOGOOO wrote:AMAZING! Congrats on the feature!

Thank you so much!! Its my first ever and I'm stunned!! <3

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
Uni Student | adult
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritWish » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:58 am

Congrats omg!!
SpiritWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Congrats on feature!
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TikoTheHuman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:18 pm

So cute!

Congrats on the feature! =D
Image | Image | Image
TikoTheHuman | 1049469
My birthday is May 6! <3
Please click my eggs and dragons, But don't click them if their spots are grey! Please click any others you see here as well, please!
No one's here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other clickables! <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Life can suck but don't give up-.. but why not? Every day gets harder and harder but you have to pull through, right..?"
TikoTheHuman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfTheDamned » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Absolutely love this! Congratulations on your feature!!!
QueenOfTheDamned

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:35 am

aaaaa, this is so lovely! the art and writing fits together so well - neveya + kieran's
    interaction was also so wholesome! huge congrats on the feature <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whovian5EVA » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:31 pm

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone!! ❤️!!

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
Uni Student | adult
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes