Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The Third by lilpupin

Based on Click to view
Artist lilpupin [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

The Third

Postby lilpupin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:19 am

Shading did not work out at all as I wanted it to, the custom brush I used on the last horse worked a lot better for shading and lighting. I promise he's supposed to be this skinny, I may not know how to draw horses but I know that would look odd if he were real. I didn't notice that this guy was basically chester cheetah colors until I drew him- he's got some dark spots and everything.
Lore continuation from the last post so step out now if it's not something you fancy,,
Hello and welcome to my Ted talk
Riders:
No human is able to ride a Horse of Death without permission from the horse himself. Once a human is given permission they are bound for life to ride the stallion. Each horse can select a new rider once every one hundred years. Having a rider makes the group stronger as a whole so it's always beneficial to have one. However, riders gain some control over the horse that they ride and there had certainly been some corrupt riders in the past, one of the horses not choosing their rider carefully enough. Usually this leads to a lot of trouble for the world. It's believed that the black plague of 1346 was due to a corrupt rider.
The horses gain some (limited) say in who lives and dies when they have a rider and it's the only time that they will ever guide souls after death, since they need someone with a personal connection to being human to interact with them. It's rare that each horse will have a rider at the same time since they space it apart in order that they may never go longer than 30/40 years without a rider. Riders usually join the horses in dream, since most of the trio's outings happen at night. When dreaming the rider gains a new second form since they can't actually be there. They become a figure made of fire, the same color of their mount's own flame. They also gain a weapon, once again same color of the flame, a scythe. Riders do not have to be on the horse during the day but if their horse comes to get them then they must join them. Like-wise, the horses become at the beck-and-call of the rider and must appear when the rider asks.

The Shift World
The horses have the ability to phase into a sort of second world within our own. To a non-rider this change simply looks like the horse has gone invisible. The horses have the ability to phase in between worlds as they please, a rider cannot phase on their own. The shift world is not visible to someone outside of it, however the normal world is visible from the shift world. The reason it's called a shift world is for two reasons. The first is that people's souls can be seen shifting within themselves from there, something that the horses can use to read the future based on shift amount and shift color. The second is just simply because it can be used to shift from one place to another quickly. Walking about in the shift world to observe souls works just fine, but if you're in Russia and want to get to Ohio then all you've got to do is take a few running bounds with the place in mind and you're there.

I plan on drawing the third horse of death next and I'll cover skulls and a quick thing about names in that one.
Hopefully that'll help keep this from being an obnoxiously long block of text.
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Third

Postby espen. » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 am

Bro, I've only had like two dreams that are this complex. I love it! what if this was a species ö
ᴛʀᴀɴꜱ - ᴀɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ - ᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴꜱ
ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ - ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ - ᴛʜ - ᴘᴀɢᴇ - ᴘꜰᴘ

"𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜"
espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:39 pm

quirky; wrote:Bro, I've only had like two dreams that are this complex. I love it! what if this was a species ö

Mine are always super intricate, which is super fun! and don't tempt me sdfkghj
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:18 am

How interesting! I love this piece!
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:27 am

Galaxystar01 wrote:How interesting! I love this piece!

Thank you!
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me