Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

goodness by saraphena

Artist saraphena [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goodness

Postby saraphena » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:18 am

hopefully i'm not the only one that thinks these guys are cute i'm a little obsessed- be glad you can't see my sketchbook, there's too many sketches of these guys

i still can't decide on a name for them
      i also can't decide if i want to finish these lines and use them or if i want to go with lines more like the sketch above? opinions would be great and i'm still looking for name ideas 👉👈
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goodness

Postby Pastel_ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:06 am

i'd be cool if instead of them being born with orbs, they had to earn them in someway-

and so a common prompt for adopts would be something along the line of "how did he/she earn their orb?"

and if starters/big adopt numbers had staffs instead of orbs

but don't mind me lol

also, i think you should use the lines you've almost finished. they look great!
Pastel_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saraphena » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:27 am

Pastel_ wrote:i'd be cool if instead of them being born with orbs, they had to earn them in someway-

and so a common prompt for adopts would be something along the line of "how did he/she earn their orb?"

and if starters/big adopt numbers had staffs instead of orbs

but don't mind me lol

also, i think you should use the lines you've almost finished. they look great!

thank you for the opinion!
      at first i was thinking of something somewhat similar to that? but i started leaning more towards an idea where these guys have somewhat elemental powers (which can be inherited and passed down, was thinking of powers that can be combined/bred for as well but i'm not really sure about that. also doesn't have to be strictly "elemental"), and those powers can only be channeled/controlled if they have an orb with them? sort of something to act as a conductor let's say, not totally sure. they wouldn't be born with orbs, but they would be given them at birth (giving them an orb would be the best way to identify their power, as whatever it is would show in the orb in some way. for example; if their power was electricity then there might be electricity in the orb, and if it was something like "storm" then it would have storm clouds and lightning in it. fire would be fire colored or have fire in it or something, etc.).
      for adopt prompts, i did have an idea where some could be something like "what is this adopt's power and what connection do they have with it?" which would give the people entering freedom to choose an element/power for them (probably within limits, like an adopt could say "power must be common /or/ uncommon or under" or something. but i'm not sure if i want to do a larger rarity system for powers, maybe just a few that are uncommon/rare, not sure about anything). and the connection would be explained like- what connection do they have to their element/power? sort of thing i have no idea :')

but then again, all of this is just brainstorming and nothing is final yet so it's great to hear peoples' ideas/opinions! :D
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastel_ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:32 am

lol, fair enough
Pastel_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sukie » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:20 am

orbimals,,,,orbabies,,,,
lol this is a joke but aa im so excited for these, i really think they are cute as well!!
also i think while the first lines maybe look more appealing, the second pose would be better for references? both are super good though and i think either could work
sukie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me