Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: Zebra At Dusk~

Postby Calix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 pm

soulrider000 wrote:Ya, but still... it's a Zebra. Zebra weren't anyone's creation but God's. Who knows, MAYBE she free handed it? I don't think it's based off any character or cartoon...

Photography is still an art form. And, yes. Please keep religion out of this.

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

soulrider000 wrote:Ya, but still... it's a Zebra. Zebra weren't anyone's creation but God's. Who knows, MAYBE she free handed it? I don't think it's based off any character or cartoon...

If it isn't, great. (though I am fairly certain I've seen this SOMEWHERE before) But other things she's done are. Downright stolen. From artists who work hard to earn the comments they get. What did she do? She copied. She doesn't deserve credit, and she sure as hell doesn't deserve praise.
Whether or not this specific picture is stolen is irrelevant. other things by her are. And that is wrong. End. Of. Story.

Also, the others are not fanart. Fanart is taking a character or theme and drawing something UNIQUE with it. Tracing is stealing. No fanart about that.
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 pm

ooh. I just don't want this to turn into another Pony Island, soo.. I was never here.... (oh and it looks sorta familiar to me too)I go apologize BRB
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dovahkiin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

soulrider000 wrote:
Ananda Regalia wrote:
soulrider000 wrote:And there's something wrong with that? Because she can draw while looking at something and it turns out amazing. More amazing than you can imagine? If it was art theft, wouldn't this be locked by page 1? Would only YOU go against it, while others are inawe? Would it have 9 likes? Would I be sticking up for her? No. She is fantastic. She can look at something and draw it. I can do that too. There's nothing wrong with drawing good, or beginner. This should be featured, and you should stop being offensive toward beginners.

I'm sorry, but I find THIS rude. Art theft is incredibly offensive to the original artists. Imagine, you draw something, you put work into it, you pour your heart and soul into making it just how you want it. Then someone looks at it, and steals it. Referencing is looking at something to get a general feel for how it should look. This is stealing. It is copying something exactly. It requires no creativity, no effort. No talent. It's a crime, and a bloody nasty one.
There is a very definite distinction between Stealing and Referencing. if you don't know that difference, then I sure hope you aren't looking a any of my art.

The mods aren't wizards, they haven't seen this yet. that's why it isn't locked.
Not only her.
Many art thieves get away with it, because people are unaware of the originals.

I get it, but what if she DIDN'T look at a ref for this one? What, are you some creepy dude spying on her? I would HOPE not. And the others, I think they're fan art.

Oh, and you're not being offensive. :3
Dovahkiin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AlphaWolf~ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Well i think its great,its way better than any of my drawings.
Characters
~ Zing's First Piece Of Art!
Image ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage Image Image
~AlphaWolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 pm

OK, I'm not? Cuz If I am, I am truly sorry cuz I got carried away (happens sometimes, right) I didn't mean to go THAT far. I know no ones spying, or creepy. It's just, I know that he shouldn't be doing that, but you could point it out nicely, or more nicer. And when people aren't nice, I stick up for people. I want to make it clear. I am truly sorry.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:15 pm

No need to apologize. Aside from the dude part, you're pretty spot on. (I prefer Bro, as dude has a rather, disturbing, definition.) Creepy, spying, yep. That's me.
I wasn't trying to be mean at all, but when someone commits a crime, they lose every once of respect in my eyes. Crime=Not nice. Why aren't you sticking up for the artists she stole from? Let this be my closing statement.
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby youngrider9 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:57 pm

i really think it should be feautured!:) its perfection:)
youngrider9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:48 am

Ananda Regalia wrote:No need to apologize. Aside from the dude part, you're pretty spot on. (I prefer Bro, as dude has a rather, disturbing, definition.) Creepy, spying, yep. That's me.
I wasn't trying to be mean at all, but when someone commits a crime, they lose every once of respect in my eyes. Crime=Not nice. Why aren't you sticking up for the artists she stole from? Let this be my closing statement.

I don't know who originally drew it. Maybe she looked at a reference of a cartoon nobody watches, or google images. It is a zebra, and i don't know who drew it. If you need sticking up heres my card *hands card to random people*

Spying, that's my thing. I was right in front of my dad's eyes (twice) and he didn't see me. (not to brag, but...) AND A BOY CALLED ME A NINJA< AND MY TEACHER SAID "Do you have the skills of a ninja? because a ball (soft and squishy) was coming at me (as in Nationball) and I ducked just in time, so ya, ninja (UN official. it would be call if It was afficial, though if ninjas were still around, spy, that's me. I don't think I'm creepy though, exept for when I'm really tired.
Last edited by broodingtulip on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Shadow MoonRise* » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 am

AMAZING! I suck at that stuff. Zebras r my fave animal! :D Ur too gud 0_o
*Shadow MoonRise*