Range Trotter #4771 by heyheygirl101

Based on Click to view
Artist heyheygirl101 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #4771

Postby heyheygirl101 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:31 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Who was the first friend this trotter made at your stables? Was it another trotter? A mouse that visited their feed bucket everyday?
End Date: May 31, 2024

Username: galaxyy.
Show Name: Half Past the Setting Sun
Barn Name: Sirocco

Height: 12.3 hh
Eye Color: Sun Fried Grass
Phenotype: Silver Light Bay Wildebeest Dun Roan Okapi
Genotype: Ee/AA/ZZ/Wdwd/Rnrn/OkpOkp
Last edited by heyheygirl101 on Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #4771

Postby MazBourne » Sun May 26, 2024 8:52 am

Username: MazBourne
Show Name: SR Dun Fried Grass
Barn Name: Rosie
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: I think red would look amazing against this coat colour 💕
Prompt: There are a variety of species that call Sunset Ranch their home, including the very first residents, a small herd of Wild Mountain Equids. The newly re-homed member of the WME herd is Reika and she was finding it hard to fit in with such an old established herd. Rosie herself was nervous about meeting all of the rather large and varied Range Trotter herd, and found herself keeping a distance from the herd, very much in the same way that Reika was also doing. Rosie imagined that introducing herself to one singular other equine would be much less daunting than a whole herd of almost 30 trotters, so she cautiously approached this strange looking mare and said hello. That is where their friendship began.
Last edited by MazBourne on Fri May 31, 2024 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Owlmoon- » Mon May 27, 2024 1:12 am

Username: -OwlMoon-
Show Name: Savanna Labrinth
Barn Name: Sav
Height: 15.0 hh
Halter Color: olive green
Prompt: A little lost desert lizard who wandered into his stall 🦎
-Owlmoon-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizaka » Mon May 27, 2024 6:00 am

Username: Aizaka
Show Name: Rat-a-tat Spats
Barn Name: Gene (meaning "well born" or "noble")
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: A shade of warm golden pumpkin copper that would go with the color on his head. ^_^' (sorry, I'm not sure how else to describe it..)
Prompt: Gene was a little shy at first, but quickly made friends with Copper in the neighboring stall. They found that they both have a fondness for Jazz music and like to dance together to it.

:3
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Tue May 28, 2024 3:23 am

Username: arcadia.
    Show Name: wr’s champion destiny
    Barn Name: eir
    Height: 14hh
    Halter Color: your choice!
    Prompt:
      eir, a trotter bred and groomed to race, lived in the stables of the richest, most prestigious owner of eventing trotters in the world. When he was suddenly moved to Whispering Rivers Stables, his life changed. It started with his new home.
      Whispering Rivers Stables was not just one stables, but many, many stables, each housing different kinds of horses and ponies. There were the big and the small, the tall and the short, the wide and the thin, the young and the old, the fast and the slow, the friendly and the shy, the strong and the frail, the loud and the quiet, the healthy and the ill. He had never seen so many different kinds of horses before! But he was lonely. He had had very few friends at his old home, but now, there was not a single one.
      Until a small, honey-coated, white-maned filly was led in across the path from him.
      He was curious, and watched her from the corner of his eye. Her coat was gold, the white mane that reached to her shoulders and white tail that made her even more dazzling. A yellow blanket covered her back.
      She was placed in the stall next to him, and the stable-hands who had brought her left.. That was the start of a magnificent friendship between the two. They told each other everything, and their bond became unbreakable, even as the filly, blé, grew up into the finest mare you ever did see.
Last edited by arcadia. on Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + artist + omam
    currently reading:
    down among the sticks and bones

arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Fri May 31, 2024 4:31 am

Height: 12.3hh
    Halter Color: something matchy!
    Prompt:

sirocco found a surprising friend in azyren. he'd had a couple other acquaintances in purgatory before, but they'd always drifted their separate ways in the end. with azyren, this was not the case. she hadn't even been interested in him at first. he'd offered a polite hello, but all he received in return was a curt nod before she turned her back to him. if he was honest, it was that gesture that had intrigued him the most.

so he followed her. he'd chatter on and on, probing her for any reaction whatsoever, and got nothing. not even a flick of an ear. but sirocco wasn't one to give up easily, especially after being met with such utter disinterest. he couldn't walk away from this without having cracked her facade of impartiality at least a little. so he didn't. and though it took many, many days spent tailing her, rambling aimlessly, asking pointless questions, there was one subject that broke her silence.

"i don't know much about it, you know." he snuck another glance in her direction. nothing. "hey, what do you suppose is the meaning of life?"

silence... and then, "justice."

sirocco opened his mouth to continue, only for it to snap shut in surprise. this was only the first of several such instances. he quickly discovered the topics that piqued her interest and got her talking, and before long they'd even have whole conversations. she was an odd one, sure, but that made it all the more fun. she clearly wasn't the type to have lasting friendships—or any at all—but sirocco most definitely wasn't the type to let them go.

azyren, to his surprise, didn't seem to mind his persistent presence once she got used to having him around, however. it took some time, but eventually she'd be the one to start conversations, to reach out first. when they'd part ways, they'd always find their way back to each other in the end.
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odi » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:45 am

Username: odi
Show Name: ODI All Flowers Bloom
Barn Name: Romy
Halter Color: scarlet pink
Prompt: romy was very shy when she first got here, so whenever she started to feel a bit lonely, she would use her imagination to keep her company. this resulted in her very first friends at the stables being flowers swaying in the wind, who she liked to believe were dancing together. two in particular were swishing side to side, tangled up together, and romy theorized they were a couple engaging in a loving embrace right in the center of the dancefloor, not caring who was watching. these stories offered her peace and allowed her some comfort when she was nervous about a brand new barn. the flowers are what made this place home.
4 hours behind game time
old avatar
new avatar
for crediting purposes

check out my oekaki! :)
there's a very good chance i have some
adoptables available at the moment,
and they're usually pretty cheap..
check below for what i'd like!

payment priority list:
1. unused webkinz code(s)
2. missed event outcome(s) (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
3. event tokens (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
4. WL pet(s)
5. c$

always looking for trades!

odi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:06 am

galaxyy. wrote:
    Halter Color: something matchy!
    Prompt:
    -snip-

Congrats! Introvert x Extrovert semi-forced friendship is literally how my best friend of 7 years and I met so I couldn't resist.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups