Artist lilpupin [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorn #523 // Party Streamers

Postby lilpupin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 am

stylish slinky cloven lambicorn
{Custom mane, custom tail, custom ear}

Happy lambiversary, lambicorns! Here's a lambie who's getting ready for a party right now. I wonder what they're up to?

For this lambie tell me:
What is the best party they've ever helped put together?

⇣⇣⇣ CONTEST! ⇣⇣⇣
⭐︎ Ends 4/30 ⭐︎
Code: Select all
Lambicorn name:
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #523 // Party Streamers

Postby WitchHazel » Wed May 01, 2024 11:12 am

Lambicorn name: Felix
Prompt:

The best party Felix has ever planned was his village's Wintertide party! Known as the Winter Lights Festival, the party lasts an entire week leading up to First Light - the first dawn of a new year, preceded by the longest night of the year. The celebration welcomes back the sun as the lambies say goodbye to the darkest days of the year. Felix and his friends put up decorations in warm hues, painting solar imagery and symbols of flames all around town. Together, they built the great firebird - a wicker effigy of the symbol of the holiday. A bird reborn in flame; the end of a cycle only to begin anew. That year's firebird was larger and more elegant than any before it. It was almost a shame to set it ablaze during the Longest Night. But it burnt oh so beautifully, and lasted into the Feast of First Light. The firelight danced off of the baubles hung from the giving tree, its needles shining in the flickering glow. Each ornament had been carefully hoof and/or paw-made, under Felix's careful instruction. Each contained the creative essence of the lambicorn who made it.

The Feast of First Light was the most challenging to organise, what with nobles and farmers alike coming together to provide for the village. Leading up to the feast, the two groups began to argue about what dishes they should serve. The farmers wanted to cook the traditional meals of the feast, but the nobles longed for something new. As the chief party planner, Felix knew he had to step in and do something. As tensions rose, he took both groups aside, urging them to enjoy the winter faire, bask in the warmth of the bonfire, and dance around the giving tree. When the angry lambicorns took the time to engage with their community, they remembered what was truly important. It wasn't what foods you ate or what songs you sung. It was the people you spent time with. When their fun was had and tempers had cooled, Felix suggested cooking a bit of both - mixing the old with the new. A few traditional dishes, with a few newer meals. Both groups agreed to the compromise, and have been cooking that way ever since.

Though the festival wasn't perfect, Felix still believes that this party was his best work. After all, what's a party without a little conflict?
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #523 // Party Streamers

Postby lilpupin » Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 am

Witchhazel, you absolute mad lad- you could’ve gotten away with just writing like.. “egg party” or something since no one else entered but instead you made the most charming story ever,,
Needless to say, Felix is yours!

WitchHazel wrote:
Lambicorn name: Felix
Prompt:
-snip-
Hello! You can call me lilpupin, lil, pupin, or whatever you please, really.
---Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with anything!

Field - TH - ArtFight - lambicorns

Christian ~ reader ~ drawer
Animal lover ~ Breyer Horse Collector
sister
abomonation
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups