Range Trotter #4693 by Pandapop

Based on Click to view
Artist Pandapop [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #4693

Postby Pandapop » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:36 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Getting a little more comfortable with appy genes, but still not satisfied.
Practice makes perfect, right..?

What's something this Trotter aims to be better at?
(40 word minimum.)
End Date: 4/25/24

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT London Fog
Barn Name: Lavender
Height: 14hh
Eye Color: Sage
Phenotype: Classic Champagne Roan Bunny Ears Winged Eyeliner Near-Leopard Appaloosa w/Birdcatcher Spots
Genotype: Ee aa ChCh Rnrn BeBe Wgelwgel P1p1 LpLp + bc spots
    - Will always pass champagne [Ch_], roan [Rn_] and leopard complex [Lp_]
Last edited by Pandapop on Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #4693

Postby Aizaka » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:58 am

Username: Aizaka
Show Name: Spread The Love
Barn Name: Harmony
Height: 14.2 hh
Prompt: She aims to get better at decorating cards and sending letters to those she loves and cares about. :3

Edit: She aims to get better at decorating cards and sending letters to those she loves and cares about. Harmony has always had a love for crafts. Collecting washi tape, glitter, stamps, colored pencils, etc. over the years. Whenever a holiday or birthday rolled around, she would decorate the cards and gifts specially for that person. But aside from those days, Harmony is really not very good at keeping contact with others. Not knowing what to say in the moment of a phone call and sometimes even in person. So her solution is to write letters like her grandma used to with everyone. ^_^

(102 words, 586 characters)
Last edited by Aizaka on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:26 pm

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT London Fog
Barn Name: Lavender
Height: 14hh
Prompt: Lavender is really working on improving her ability to approach new horses and start a conversation. She so often sees others that she thinks she would like to know better, but then her lack of confidence gets the best of her and she can't bring herself to approach. Recently, she's been practicing by picking horses that she doesn't find quite so intimidating, and she's actually learning to feel more comfortable with approaching strangers. And it turns out that a lot of those "less intimidating" horses are actually really friendly and teaching Lavender that maybe the problem wasn't so much with her at all!
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:10 am

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE Picnic on the Hill
Barn Name: Eloise
Height: 12. 2 hh
Prompt: Eloise is working on staying calm in tough situations, she is often quick to react to problems and then regret the decisions she has made. So she is working hard on absorbing what she is feeling to it's full extent before reacting out of fear or anger.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR A Quiet Sky
Barn Name:
Anni
Height:
15 hands
Prompt:
She's a very shy girl. Therefore, she's working on being brave and making new friends. That's hard when you're shy...I'd know, I'm shy too. Anyhow, she's doing her very best. Thus far, she's managed to become friends with Keyani. She's still shy of Kalyani and Lightning. She's getting there, though, she's trying with them.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:02 pm

Username: Blackhoeses
Show Name: Attention Span of a Butterfly
Barn Name: Moth
Height: 15 hh
Prompt:

Moth is aiming at becoming better at paying attention ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI wonder where that barn cat is going??

xxxxOh look some one drooped a cookie *crunch*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Umm Why are you following me????

We were talking, oh that sounds fun what were we talking about. Oh what I am aiming to be better at, Whelp that is easy it is paying attation of course. *turns to watch a buturfly fly by or wait is that a moth*

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am

Username: galaxyy.
    Show Name: When Stars Fall
    Barn Name: Lucifer
    Height: 12.3hh
    Halter Color: something subtly angelic..?
    Prompt: lucifer wants to better his self-esteem! despite being named after the most beautiful of fallen angels, he can't quite seem to wrap his head around the fact that he's as pretty as he's told and that others actually want to be friends with him. somehow, he still manages to brighten up any room walks into, truly earning himself his namesake's former title of the morning star and the bringer of light <3
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:54 pm

Username: allybrad
Show Name: ABF Take My Name, Take My Fame
Barn Name: Penny
Height: 13 hh
Halter Color: artist’s choice!!! <3
Prompt: Penny has always wanted to learn how to dance. Not the ballet or tap kind of dance, but dance with her soul. She often has a hard time loosening up, and she puts a lot of pressure on herself to always be presentable and ready to take charge of the task at hand. She envies free-spirited horses for their ability to let lose and have fun! She wants to dance around the barn with Caamp at full volume and release her inhibitions!
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
she/her
luke 19:10
noah kahan
lizzy mcalpine
tearista
go heels
|| abf
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

allybrad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Lonesome Dreams
Barn Name: Huron
Height: 14.3 hh
Prompt:
Remembering and forgetting where appropriate.

Huron has an uncannily sharp memory, which works for and against him by turns. When all's going well he tends to brood, stewing over small stumbles until they're magnified into world-ending tragedies. Often he gets so wrapped up in his own ruminations he fails to notice the everyday moments of beauty around him. Who's going to notice birds singing or flowers blooming when they're agonizing over that time they faceplanted into a feed pan as a yearing? Then, when the cards are down, Huron doesn't have any little moments of joy to draw strength from, only worries and fears he's spent years feeding.

He's better than he was, and he'll keep getting better, but for now it's still a work in progress.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Fragrance of the Valley
Barn Name: Valleyborn
Height: 13.2hh
Prompt: Jumping! Valleyborn loves jumping. That second that stretches into minutes when you're airborne, sailing smoothly over any obstacle. It's the best feeling! Unfortunately, her second time jumping she brushed the top and is now scared to go over anything. Valley tends to spook at the last second and slam on the breaks before leaving the ground. She knows she's successfully jumped in the past and yet as soon as she gets ready to leap her muscle lock and her brain says Freeze! She has started practicing with anything she sees laying in the field. She's not quite up to the large fallen log yet but you can often see her doing little hops and leaps over sticks and rocks.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me