Based on Click to view
Artist deerbroken [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon 2210 || Static Matrix

Postby deerbroken » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:04 am

if u havent tried playing around with a square brush (on oekaki or any other art program) i would definitely recommend it

for this kalon, please tell me about their relationship with technology. what kind of things do they interact with in their universe / time period? do they love it? hate it? avoid it completely?

word limit is 300 words, no extras please! coding and pretty-ing up your form is fine, just be aware this will have minimal impact during judging. this ends on February 14th at 11:59 pm CS time.

form:
      Code: Select all
      [b]username + number:[/b]
      [b]name:[/b]
      [b]prompt:[/b]

edits:
      [s] hair, shine
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon 2210 || Static Matrix

Postby Chickpea » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:11 am

username + number: Chickpea 921177
name: Chevron 5
prompt:

Chev5 themself is technology, but they also have an interesting relationship with their coworker, Zer0.
The two of them are androids aboard a medium size spaceship, working alongside living Kalons to keep the systems running smoothly. Purchased at around the same time, both damaged from starship accidents, salvaged from the wreckages.

Every morning they traverse the inner tunnels of the ship and maintain various odds and ends. Zer0 chats more than any other android they've worked with. Chev5 simply listens, it's in their code to be observant. But something bothers them. The copper vents hummed and occasionally shot out steam that Chev5's sensors told them were not a safe temperature for a living being.

Finally as they are watching him work, Chev5 speaks up,
"When my starship crashed, my LED Matrix Display Pelt and Navigational Systems were damaged, yet you function perfectly. Why were you sold as damaged?"

Zer0 stiffens unnaturally, or rather, too naturally.
"Oh, well, I'm not really a standard model, it's just- I was made a long time ago, I don't have all the functions a newer model does."

Chev5 visually scanned Zer0. Chev5 wasn't supposed to get angry, they really weren't supposed to show any feeling at all. But Zer0's words clearly weren't factual, and androids cannot lie. It made no sense.
"You claim to be outdated, yet you move more smoothly than models built this year, your pelt still shines as if you just left the factory, and for Code's sake- you look nearly like a living kalon."

Zer0 exclaimed, with a dangerous twinkle in his ocular units.
"But aren't we alive? Do you not feel the fire in your chest as any kalon would?"
The madman finished the repair and continued walking down the tunnel. Leaving Chev5 with even more questions.
Last edited by Chickpea on Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:11 am

username + number: Exitium + 626371
name: Coatl
prompt: Technology is something that sparks a burning fire in Coatl's soul. From steampunk clocks to an entire server building on government land, Coatl explores and makes use of everything around them. Their favorite piece of technology is a steam powered writing device (tablet of sorts). They do not avoid technology, for it is everywhere and constantly evolving on their planet.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crona gorgon » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:15 am

username + number: dazai <3 (may change to crona gorgon) 991317
name: lethal
prompt: they use it a lot. maybe too much. there life is consumed by technology, and they cant change that. imagine like- the lain wired thing- thats them

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello! my name is lance, and
i am an artist who loves scott pilgrim!
i also like many many other things,
feel free to pm me! (she/he)

faeries my stars free palestine

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

crona gorgon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleWolf666 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:19 pm

username + number:LittleWolf666 1081574
name:
prompt:
Marking
LittleWolf666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:55 pm

form wrote:username + number: arcticwaterdrake + 927752
name: Ida
prompt:
Ida paced awkwardly on the wooden porch of the train depot. Adjusting her long skirts, she checked to make sure she still had all her bags—all two of them. Yes, she had taken her mother’s advice, and packed only what she needed. It would reduce the cost of travel, and she could buy new things with the money she earned in the city.

Even though she was still a little bit nervous, that nervousness was overwhelmed by excitement at the prospect of moving to the city, and even riding a train for the first time. Just imagine it! A massive machine that moved on its own, powered by steam. Carrying her to a bustling hub, where electric streetcars carried kals to work, where the telegraph station was only a short walk away, and where every apartment had indoor plumbing!

Suddenly, Ida felt a rumbling. Before she even heard it, she felt it. The wooden boards under her paws began to quiver, and over the horizon appeared a hulking beast of metal.

A wide smile split Ida’s face as her heart beat wildly in her chest. The train! It was here!

As the train slowed to a stop in front of the depot, metal screeching filled the air. Ida had to cover her ears, for the sound of the train’s braking was too much for her. Finally, the train stopped.

While the few passengers getting off at the quaint rural station began to disembark, Ida spoke quietly with the kal who would carry her bags aboard. Finishing up, she turned to join the line of passengers boarding the train herself.

As Ida stepped up into the cabin, she thought to herself, “How lucky I am to be living in a time of such technological wonder!”
Last edited by ArcticWaterDrake on Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
====Maria
=
=
=
=
=

Just remember, you are loved! <3
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Manga reader - Artist - Fanfiction Reader
Jpop - Modern rock - Sewing - Private Pilot

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Let's Trade!Support your local pet shelter! TH
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
notes:
She/her
Trade me cats and giraffes please!
English + Spanish (non-native)

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
I'm feeling lucky

ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 am

username + number: Rosemoon 941592
name: Awenden Blackmetal
prompt: Awenden works as an I.T. support for a local company called, "Diamondtech". He helps with website and computer issues for all sorts of big names, including Disney, Yahoo, Xfinity, and more. He is outstanding at his job, and knows his way around anything technological. He did schooling for engineering and computer science, he knows the insides and the outsides of anything with a battery. The internet is his playground. That being said, he DESPISES technology in his own home. Absolutely hates it, wants nothing to do with it. All he has is an Amazon Firestick (against his will), a laptop for work, and his smartphone (against his will). He is adamantly against anything else. If you tell him that you need your refrigerator to connect to the internet, he will kill you. No, the Amazon Echo Dot is not your friend. That is a spy, and you need to get rid of it. Even the camera on his phone is taped down. The camera on his laptop has a slide cover, and is always on unless he needs to be in a zoom call, which he also hates. If it wasn't for a bunch of different reasons, he'd have a corded wall phone, an old box desktop, and a mini portable TV. No high tech. He found evil in his passion, and unfortunately it also makes good money. Otherwise he'd probably live in a bunker underground. The crazy part, is that a lot of I.T. people are just like that. He is definitely not the only one. But man, does he feel crazy talking about it!
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cryptpuppy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:38 am

username + number: cryptpuppy + 1013228
name: Orion (they/them)
prompt: (283/300)
    Orion's relationship with technology was nothing short of extraordinary. They existed in a universe where technology surpassed imagination, intertwining with every aspect of life, blurring the lines between reality and machines. Undeniably, Orion loved technology. They embraced each advancement with an insatiable curiosity, eagerly seeking to understand the intricacies behind these marvels and the endless possibilities they presented. From biometric implants that enhanced physical capabilities to virtual reality devices that transported one to otherworldly realms, technology was Orion's muse, fueling their creativity and empowering their dreams.

However, amidst this love and admiration, there lay a tinge of caution. Privacy became a fleeting concept as surveillance extended its omnipresent gaze. The constant connection to the digital world often overwhelmed and numbed emotions, leaving Orion longing for the authentic physical experience that seemed to slip away each day.

While technology had elevated humanity to new heights, it also threatened to strip away its core essence. The vibrant colors of a sunset were traded for the pixelated beauty of a digital landscape, affection replaced by programmed companionship. They were selective in their use of technology, cherishing their offline interactions and treasuring the tangible joys anchored in reality. Orion ensured that the virtual world did not consume their identity, understanding the importance of embracing the simplicity of life, unfiltered and unmediated by screens and wires.
X
X
X
X
X
X

cryptpuppy ✧ crypt ✧ he/they/sprout
〘 adult ✧ autistic 〙
current mood: working,,
1k c$ + OMGSR design contest
PWYW art shop

cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:49 am

username + number: Griff 254592
name: Aerial
prompt:

It was never supposed to be like this.

Aerial looked up at their surroundings, so alien and blank. Blank and yet... filled with so much information just waiting to be written. They were not supposed to be here. How had this even happened? Would they be treated like resident data? Like a virus? Would they ever get home to tell their strangle tale?

Unsure what to do, Aerial continued to walk. Maybe this was all a dream. Maybe she would wake up and be back in her desk chair, VR set in hand and having a good time laughing with her companions. Look at that poor flower that got knocked over! Ooops the entire bottle of ketchup is on the steak and now it looks like a crime scene! VR dating games, what a blast! She would be laughing and... and... huh. This looked familiar. Curious she tilted her head, finding herself in a place that looked very much like the VR diner. She found herself guided to a seat and... wait. Was that a hand in front of her? Wait, wait. Was she...

She looked straight at the hand and tried to speak but her mouth would not move and no words came out. The only gestures she could make were those already programmed in. A smile. A frown. A wave, a thumbs up, a heart. She... oh. Oh no. The game thought she was... oh please no! She was real! She did not belong here!

...Were the ones she had dated in this game just like her then? Her mind raced.

Please. Please don't leave her trapped here.

She wanted to go home.

She felt the game, gentle and calm. It reassured her: she was home. Please, enjoy your date.

(292/300)
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BloomyCat » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:52 pm

username + number: BloomyCat 1066911
name: Code 009
prompt: Code 009 is a time traveler from the future, He uses a ''Time-Electric-Altering'' machine also known as ''TEA''.
Code loves the TEA device, and often used it for research.
At first, when Code receives his TEA device, he thought it was broken, but with his skills, he managed to fix it.
BloomyCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me