Chimkins - Do Not Post

Postby Pandapop » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:27 pm

Nursery || MYO's || Competitions
Archives || Store Page || Trading Thread
Discord || Trait Guide

Current Event:
None, come back later!

What are Chimkins?

Chimkins, despite their given name (and being referred to as "hens" and "roosters"), are not actually chickens! In fact, their great (great) ancestors, the Dromaeosauriformipes, were feathered little raptors. Though not as tiny as their ancestors (which were about the size of a sparrow), they are more akin in size to that of the Old English Game hen.

Coming in a wide variety of colors, generally no two Chimkin are the same.

The hens of this species are excellent brooders, though on average lay no more than two speckled eggs at a time. Coops are typically run by a single dominant roo, although multiple roos may coexist peacefully (usually) after a hierarchy is established.

Vocalizations are similar to the common crow and they have a similar level of intelligence, able to learn commands and tricks!

Chimkins cannot fly, however they can glide and are frighteningly good climbers. They're also pretty speedy and smart with latches, so watch the doors...

HOW TO GET STARTED:

First thing's first, you'll need a Coop to store your Chimkin in! This can be a TH folder or thread here on CS in the Character Storage section. If you need an example, here's my (very simple) Coop: Click!

Be sure to come and join our Discord (optional but highly recommended (there are often item/custom giveaways and some things are Discord-exclusive)) - you don't have to chat, however there's an introductions section you'll need to fill out to gain access to the rest of the server!

Staff Team

Pandapop
She/Her
Owner | Artist

Credits

Androys for the original lines!

WIP
Last edited by Pandapop on Fri May 24, 2024 3:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chimkins - Rules & Guidelines

Postby Pandapop » Mon May 06, 2024 9:29 pm

General Community Rules:

1.) Harassment or bullying of any kind will not be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly. A warning may be issued but if the situation is serious enough, it may result in an immediate ban from the species and Discord. This goes for all members, staff included.

2.) Block evasion will not be tolerated, please respect the artist's boundaries. If you have been blocked by an artist, you are not entitled to their designs and I will not (nor can I) make my artist unblock you.

3.) Whining, guilt-tripping, or otherwise negative behavior may be warned and further actions taken if it continues. This is a low-stress species and the staff (myself included) have priorities elsewhere and are not obligated to devote every waking moment with Chimkins. Please be patient.

4.) For the first few months of the species' return, Artist Search will not be open. I want to gauge activity and interest before deciding if I need more help. Please do not ask to join the team, if I'm looking I'll seek people out that I think best fit the job.

5.) Don't be afraid to contact me either on CS or Discord if you have any questions or concerns! My inbox is open, and I'll reply as soon as I'm able. I'm not always online, but responses should be no less than 24 hours unless I'm super busy.

Artist and Staff Rules:

1.) Favoritism is not welcome here. If you can't get along with people and choose favorites over the others, you may be asked to stand down. I expect everyone to play fairly. I respect your right to avoid anyone that you've blocked, however there is a limit and if you've got half the site blocked because you don't like seeing them around, perhaps this isn't the best place for you. This is non-negotiable.

2.) Artists are welcome to one montly custom (with up to 1 limited trait), with a limit of 5 free adopts created. Monthly customs may be created up until the 5th of the new month, after that they are gone and a new set of free adopts must be made. For every additional 10 adopts made that month, a point system will be rewarded that the artist may cash in at any time. (More information about this later.)

3.) While artists are not obligated to post the minimum monthly adopts every month, in order to gain the benefits the species provides, effort will be required. If there is little or no activity for a minimum of 3 months, artists may be bumped down to Ghost Artist status, which will last for 1 month. Further inactivity for an additional 3 months will prompt a removal from the staff team (unless notified a general reason why). This can be earned back at any time, starting from the bottom as a Ghost Artist.

4.) Ghost Artists may not sell Chimkin adopts or customs for any form of currency. They may make one custom per month of activity (a minimum of 5 adopts posted).

5.) Artists may sell a total of 3 paid adopts and/or auctions or Mystery Chick batches per month for real currency, as long as the initial 5 free adopts have been created first. Additional sales depend on activity.

6.) C$ adopts, auctions or Mystery Chick batches are limitless, however I expect some form of moderation with these. If I see them being posted too often, you may be asked to dial it back a bit. Please be mindful of how many C$ adopts are being posted in succession, in comparison to free ones.

7.) I don't expect the next Mona Lisa every time an adopt is posted, however I do expect some amount of effort with your designs. Simple is fine! I love simple. Let's not reduce it to 5-minute color-ins though, please!

8.) Artists are welcome to create a custom hub after they've graduated from the Ghost Artist title. Prices and forms of payment are entirely up to the artists themselves, though when an artist is able to take customs depends entirely on their level of activity that month. No less than 5 free adopts must be posted before opening customs.

9.) Artists may award a total of 2 HM's on adopts with prompts, and are welcome to create runner-up Chimkins if they desire.

10.) Artists are not obligated to take part in events or nursery batches. Additional rewards may be given if they do (in the form of items or points), but if they'd rather not, that's totally fine!

Trading, Selling and Ownership Guideline:

1.) Chimkins may be gifted, traded or resold for the same amount at the time of purchase. Additional art does not increase their value. Users may offer the extra art for an additional price if both parties consent, and if caught trying to get around this, will result in a ban from the species.

2.) Free Chimkins (either free adopts, won raffles, free customs, etc) may not be sold for any form of currency. All trades must be finalized by posting on the appropriate Trade Thread.

3.) If a user is banned, all freely-won Chimkins, items and MYO's will be revoked and distributed amongst the community. Paid customs will remain in the banned user's custody, however they are free to resell or give them away. If a banned user decides to keep their paid Chimkins, they will simply "cease to exist."

4.) All traded slots are final, they cannot be revoked at any time for any reason. Be very sure if you're willing to give up those slots, even if they may never be used.

5.) Chimkin designs must never be taken and applied off-species. A lot of the designs you'll see will be similar in one way or another and belong only in the Chimkin world. Creating what is called an "AU" (Alternate Universe) is completely fine, feel free to give your Chimkin humanized or other species versions! However, they must still be associated with the species and keep their original form. These AU versions must never be used for "breeding" games or any other similar forum/Oekaki game. If caught abusing this, it will result in an immediate ban from the species and your Chimkin potentially revoked.

Point System and Species Currency:

The point system is something new for v2!

Our point system is not limited to artists and other staff members, the community can get in on this too! Points are rewarded for any form of activity (either during events, competitions, server boosting or even purchases in the shop) and are tallied in their own section of the user banks. Points may be redeemed at any time in the form of items and more through our special Points thread! (More on this later.)

Our species currency, otherwise known as Sunflower Seeds, are awarded during events or raffles on our Discord. This is another form of currency that may be used to purchase items from the Shop, and is generally easier to acquire.

MYO's and Birthday Customs:

MYO tickets may be purchased in the Shop or occasionally rewarded via raffles in our Discord, or special events. MYO's cannot be made without a ticket, ever. Some MYO's are time-restricted and may be revoked if unused past a certain deadline.

Join our Discord to take part in our Birthday Tracker! If it's your birthday coming up, seize the opportunity for a free non-limited custom or MYO of your choice, in the form of a Standard or Fancy rooster. Further details on our Discord.

WIP
Last edited by Pandapop on Mon May 20, 2024 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chimkins - Do Not Post

Postby Pandapop » Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 pm

This isn't ready, PLEASE DO NOT POST.
Pandapop