Range Trotter #SHF008 by Idem

Based on Click to view
Artist Idem [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #SHF008

Postby Idem » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:28 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Adopt our foal! Tell me about your pet(s) to apply, and a winner will be randomly selected!
Ends February 14th
Parent A x Parent B

Username: literal.swag.
Show Name: ABs A Piece of Me
Barn Name: Hannah

Height: 15hh
Eye Color: Sunbeams
Phenotype: Sooty Silver Bay Dun Pearl Wildebeest Dun Tiger Swallowtail Roan
Genotype: Ee/Aa/prlprl/WdD/Zz/Stysty/Tswtsw/Rnrn
Last edited by Idem on Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #SHF008

Postby wolfhaunt » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:12 am

Username: wolfhaunt
Prompt: I have three cats, all rescues from my local shelter! My two boys are almost 8 yrs old (not siblings btw) and my one girl is almost 4 or 5! I've had them since they were kittens. I love them all dearly!

GET HAUNTED!

hi I'm haunt!
feel free to pm me if you share any interests of mine!

please send me trades -- I have almost 1k doubles/extras!

xxxxxxxxxxx©
wolfhaunt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:23 am

Username: ShadyBro
    Prompt: We've suffered a lot of loss lately, so the crowd has thinned a whole lot. At the current moment we have four cats (five year old Spatula, two year old Chef, and six month old brothers Jumble and Scrubby), a three year old red-eyed white new zealand X harlequin mix rabbit named Angel, two tarantulas (an older curly hair, Cornbone, and a much younger arizona blonde, Maleficent), and a two year old albino black ratsnake named Rubix. This is probably the fewest number of animals I have ever had in the past decade ^^'
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 am

Username: Sullivan Maurus
Prompt: I have a lot of pets, but only a handful of them are actually mine.

There's my cat, Opal, a grey striped tabby with golden eyes. She was a stray born in a shed in someone's backyard, and she was in a bad way when we got her. She is now huge and healthy. Her favorite activity is stealing random articles of clothing from the hamper and leaving them at my brother's door like prey.

There's my rat, Coco, who is a big agouti boy. He likes to give hugs and kisses.

There's my Chinese Cave Gecko, Ren Amamiya/Joker. I took him in from a reptile collector who needed to downsize due to the pandemic and changing jobs. We named him as he didn't have one before. We don't know how old he is either. He's nice, though. Doesn't mind me handling him to do health checks.

There's my betta, Estinien, a gorgeous veil tailed black orchid. Like his namesake, he has a stern look to his face, but is actually quite nice.

And then there's my bunny, Loaf, a cinnamon rex. He's quite smart and demanding for a bunny, and I love his personality. He doesn't like being held or picked up, but will come over to you for cuddles and/or to bite your slippers.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:39 am

Username: Pandora!
    Prompt: Many trotter community members may be familiar with my wonderful orange cat son Sizzle! I have never met a more ridiculous cat in my life, he scream-meows all day, zooms around the house chasing ghosts, wrestles with my slippers, and will do absolutely anything for a treat. He's also the friendliest, most loving and devoted cat in the world. He greats me at the door every day and sleeps in my arms every night. He may only have one braincell on a good day but Sizz is the absolute best little man.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChevyTheQH » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:00 am

Username: ChevyTheQH
Prompt: I dont have the most "traditional" pets but i do have 6 hens who are names Cinnamon, Raven, Muffin, Sunshine, Spooky moon, and Ember. I also have a 12 year old grullo qh gelding named Chevy (hence the username)
-──────𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
Ash | She/Her | Equestrian
My life revolves around horses
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kruxly » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:29 pm

Username: Kruxly
Prompt: My family owns a horse named Danny, he's a 17.1hh, 23 year old, fleabitten grey TB x Irish Draft horse who is just a lovely guy, has such cute face and knows how to earn a treat xD
Kruxly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:48 am

Username: Tyrant001
Prompt: I have a large Asian Forest Scorpion named Leviathan who is very cranky and mad all the time, a very shy (and also very fast) pumpkin patch tarantula named Boogeyman/Boogey, and an insane salmon pink birdeater tarantula named Carrie! I have a crazy Russian Blue cat named Wowzer, and a black and white Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest cat named Pyewacket, and of course my 17hh Clydesdale x AQH named West By God/Tommy!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:39 am

Username: acronymm
Prompt: i have a few pets! hazel and ivory are my dogs. ivory is a fawn and white 10 month old rescue, she was a street dog. we dna tested her, turns out shes the same breed as my other dog! american staffordshire terrier, we were surprised. and then my older dog, 6 year old hazel. shes a registered red and white american staffordshire terrier from show lines. ivory is definitely the smart one though

then my horses, i have 3
aspen is my red dun arab/tb/qh rescue! she was 4 when she was at the kill pen, all sick and terribly emaciated. i bought her for 1k but she was green too, so i had to work every single day with her. she really came out of her shell though, and showed me how rewarding it was to take a chance. i knew she was special the day i saw her, and taking the chance on her was the best thing i’ve ever done. now we do dressage, she’s doing great! now she’s 7 years old.
and then her “brother” chai. he’s a 11 year old kiger mustang! he’s pretty cool, he’s dun and has his really thick winter coat now. he loves jumping and eventing, as well as speed sports like barrels. both are ridden english, it’s a preference haha. he had a troubled background, just left in a field without any food and watet
lastly, our newest addition to our herd is levi. he also had a bad background, tied to a tree and fed dog food. levi’s a 12 year old twh/mustang/draft, his growth was stunted due to being mistreated and malnourished when he was young. levi is the one i go on trails with, gallops, etc

and lastly, fish
i have 3. cujo and kuro who are african cichlids, and dianthu who is a betta fish. hopefully will be getting more soon, i have an empty tank

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catdoof » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:08 am

Username: Catdoof
Prompt: Jersey is my best friend and the very bestest hiking companion. She is a 3-year-old cattle mix who we adopted from the shelter. She loves herding her brother 2-year-old brother Jack and gravity-checking my face every once in a while. She is currently undergoing scent training, in hopes of becoming a detection dog.

Juniper - Guys, I am finally a Wildlife Biologist - Art Shop - Dressup Showcase
Certified cowboah - Batman my beloved - I am so tired lmao - Character purge - Gingerbread dog auction

Catdoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me