Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by kiwipen

MFA 66 - RP Mini-Event

Postby kiwipen » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:32 am

By participating in this miniature roleplay event, you will earn....

30 MP for every MFA bird you have participate in it.
A little magical companion for your MFA bird.
40 SP, a universal currency for all of my species, for every bird you participate with.

You may also win an extra special bird or adoptable.
This will end on January 18th.

Strange things are happening in the Academy.... paintings following you as you walk, nightmares where strange shadows fill hallways, and many birds have reported seeing scary silhouettes at the end of the halls. Of course, in a giant school like this, rumors are bound to fly.... some birds have claimed to see the source of this strange phenomenon!

To participate in this event, recall a tale your bird hears, or tells, in their interaction with this strange phenomenon. Who or what is causing it, in their own words? You may expand upon this prompt, especially if you include other birds; perhaps your birds tell an epic tale of a strange beast they had to fight. Think about what it might look like, or act like.

You may post your story on this thread, or link to a separate storage for where you post this story.

There is a minimum 500 word count for every bird included to receive MP and SP, and a minimum 300 word count if you would only like to win a companion.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MFA 66 - RP Mini-Event

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:42 am

((Note; 30 MP and Magic Companion For Marcellus, Cyraus, Ottilie, Baudelaire, and Ionize | 200 SP))

Marcellus finds this all to be somewhat ridiculous, claiming to have seen whatever caused this phenomenon simply but motioning to the other birds around him, huffing slightly. "I'm unsure about other campus branches, but we at Ravynscar see this far too often for it to be exciting. Especially in the House Interitus, we see these sorts of things all of the time. It's very simple really, it's students doing all of this nonsense. The moving painting are clearly someone practicing levitation, though I doubt an Air Student would stoop to such levels. The silhouettes in the hallways are of course caused by the Shadow Students, I had a good fright from some of them in my earlier times as Ravynscar staff. The nightmares are most likely from Lunar Students that wish you unwell under the light of the moon. You haven't been making enemies have you?" He sighs after a while of thought. "It's already quite a big issue in Ravynscar, so I can't imagine it's much different on the main campus of the academy. In fact, I'll have you know that I encountered one of these rowdy students and caught them red winged. So I doubt you have much to worry about. If there was any supernatural occurrences going on, staff would have recognized it and let the students know, I doubt everyone appreciates the chaos going about from all these rumors."

Of course, you had to ask about the encounter, and the older bird scoffed. "Well, Some of us from the Ravynscar Branch are here to do some classes for both instructors and students on main campus, so I had to wander a bit every so often. While I was on my little walk, I had noticed something that connected to one of these rumors of yours, it was a painting dripping some sort of dark liquid, upon further inspection it had seemed to be a paint of sorts, and I'll make a point that I didn't fully eat the paint and that I'm doing just fine now. That being said, I eventually found a student of mine, Cyraus, on the other side of the wall, having quite an awful time and whimpering to himself. After calming him down, he told me that he saw something quite frightening and ended up panicking in this part of the hallways all alone. Sad of course, but I also made a clear connection with his distress and the issue with the painting, as I knew that painting exactly had a dark paint made out of charred animal bones. With my student being of blood magic, his distress could possibly cause his magic to go awry without his intervention, causing the bone in the paint to become distressed and misplaced in a way that caused the paint to reactivate and slide down the painting due to gravity, eventually pooling up by the frame, going over, and dripping onto the ground. Thought it was a difficult conclusion to come to, It of course was a logical solution instead of a harmful supernatural one."

You nod, maybe you should go ask Cyraus what he encountered in that hallway...

--

Cyraus wasn't too hard to find, having not left his borrowed room on the main campus after his encounter with whatever he saw in the hallway. He seemed hesitant to actually talk, but you eventually got him to at least explain the situation he was in. "Well, I was going to visit my friend Ionize with her teacher, Mister Ottilie. He had been teaching me about how to look for books in the library on the main campus, but he and Ionize needed to go to a love magic lesson for both teachers and students, so we needed to find her in order for them to go and for me to probably find my teacher and go to the same thing for blood magicians. But we walked for a very long time. At first, I didn't notice because I was having a really nice conversation with Mr.Ottilie, but then I started noticing that we seemed to be going in circles, and as soon as I realized it, Mr.Ottilie noticed it too. We tried to find out if something was going on, but then I got lost and couldn't find Mr.Ottilie- I got really worried that something scary was happening, I started to run through doors and hallways but it all seemed to bring me back to the same place! And what's worse, by the time I got my bearings even a little bit, I looked down the hallway to see a giant shadow monster coming right for me!" He started shivering, and you gave him a moment to calm down before asking what the monster looked like, you needed to know, so that you could compare with others once they could talk with you too.

"Well, it looked like a hearthoot, but bigger! So much bigger, and they had so much more feathers, almost like they had fur instead of feathers, going all the way down to the floor and then some, if it didn't spread out it's wings at me, I would have thought it was a huge dog! It had horns too, giant curved horns like a ram, but no ram's horns would curve that much and that wildly, and their eyes, their eyes were bright red, like a blood magicians, but in their eyes were skull pupils, full skulls, bird skulls!" You asked how he saw the pupils, and he started to whimper. "Because it ran up to me and just... stared at me! I thought I was a goner for sure, but it just ended up staring at me and going away! I don't know what I did to make it leave, but I wasn't able to breathe or think until my teacher came along and calmed me down. But I'm too scared to leave the room now, heck, I'm even scared to be here at all! What if it comes into my room? What if it gets me while I'm sleeping!?" He started to cry, and you urge him to take a breath.

Maybe you should leave him be for now, he was with a teacher from his school branch, right? Let's go talk to him next.

--

Ottilie seemed to have made himself scarce, not surprising seeing as he seemed like quite a busy bird, from how Cyraus described him at least. Eventually, you found him talking with who seemed to be another Ravynscar instructor, a green and purple bird who was introduced to you as Baudelaire. You decided to ask both of them about their encounters with anything odd over the past month, and both seemed to have a story to tell. However, Ottilie spoke first, with you having mentioned Cyraus lightly in your line of questioning. "Oh yes, I do hope the young blood magician is doing okay, I heard he had quite a fright after we accidentally separated. Have no idea how that occurred. One second he was right next to me, helping me find out where we were in the building, and the next? Poof! Gone as if he had never been there in the first place! I hadn't even seen him go anywhere or hear any doors shut!" You mentioned how odd that sounded, and Ottilie agreed. "Quite so! Such strange occurrences have been happening as of late, it makes me rather upset that we won't be able to go back to Ravynscar until our lessons here have completed. If something were to happen to the students, well, I couldn't imagine how much trauma they might go through and what kind of care they might need because of it. I heard that Cyraus hasn't been able to leave his borrowed room since the incident, the poor thing. I truly wish that I was there to help him..." You reassure the love magician that there was nothing he could do, before proceeding to ask what happened to him once he had been separated from the student. It seemed like an uncomfortable question, but he did end up responding.

"When I continued down the hallway, I ended up in a hallway with no doors at all, just paintings. All of the paintings seemed to be of hearthoots, and all of them watched me as I went down the hallway. I found it rather disturbing, but I didn't think much of it to begin with. That was, until the paintings became the faces of my colleagues and friends, terrifying me and making me start running down the hallway. After a while of running the paintings started to melt, and I could hear screaming, it sounded like my friends screaming but I didn't know if anything was real, I remember feeling the paint pool near my feet, almost like the hallway was going to flood full of paint, but then I collapsed, and woke up in the medical bay with the healing staff and Baudelaire looking over me. Apparently I had fainted in the hallway, and when they found me the hall was completely normal." You point out how terrifying that sounds, and apologize for making him remember that. "Oh, it's quite alright, just a bit terrifying, nothing that I haven't seen before in Ravynscar."

"We might have to ask someone to check the paintings here. maybe they have some magical property that causes hallucinations in those that are close to them for too long." Baudelaire begins, humming to himself and bringing a wing to his face. You decide to ask the lunar magician is he's seen anything, and his humming becomes more intense for a moment. "In minor amounts yet, but nothing to the level of what Ottilie and Cyraus experienced. In fact, the only problems I've been having is poor dreams." Ottilie moved closer to the other bird with a small noise. "You're having bad dreams? Do you need me to be there with you to make sure you're okay when you sleep?" Baudelaire blushed. "Unnecessary, Ottilie. I'm sure that it's just my distance away from home and my usual room with the moon shining down on me. Perhaps it might have caused my poor dreaming as of late, and it's definitely the most mild of anything that I've heard being rumored to go on around here." You move to ask him what his dreams were about and he makes a small noise of discomfort, you're about to apologize but they seem to allow themself to speak anyways.

"It was nothing good, I'll tell you that much. The dream took place in these halls, funnily enough it seems all of these occurrences have some connection to the hallways. It seemed like an average walk, going past doors and windows as I seemed to be on a hall closer to the edge of the building. It was night time, but eventually as I continued through the extensive hall, the stars began to disappear, and once all the stars had lost their light, so too did the moon. Of course, cloudy nights are not beyond me, but it was still quite strange. I just decided to continue walking, and even more strange occurrences began to happen outside. Bats started to appear by the windows, and it had begun to rain. It wasn't a normal rain mind you, but a red rain, something abnormal and disturbing. I typically know when I'm dreaming, so I wasn't too startled by it all. However, Once I had walked far enough, I started to see a figure following behind me in the reflection of the windows. It had no eyes and no real shape, almost seeming like a pile of sludge. The further I walked, the closer it got. I started to hear the sounds of one of Ottilie's students, and I ended up getting more disturbed than I usually was during nightmares. I had been walking forwards for what seemed like hours, and when the monster eventually was close enough to me, I turned around only to find nothing. And then I woke up. It was only a dream after all, so I didn't think much of it at the time."

You decide to leave the two to their previous chatter, thanking them for their time. You had heard of Ottilie's student before, Ionize. You decide before you head in for the day that you should check up on her too.

---

"Oh yea, it's definitely ghosts." You hadn't even gotten a chance to ask the question to Ionize before she made the statement, nodding at herself and seeming to already understand what you were going to say before you even think of saying it. You had found her not too far from Cyraus' room, apparently going to visit and check up on him after hearing about what happened to him. There wasn't many birds here who didn't know what happened to him at this point, especially with how quickly rumors fly around this building. You had heard at least five different groups discussing it, all having different reactions that ranged from not believing it, to being terrified that it might happen to them. It was clear that Ionize had been on the side of believing everything that was happening,

You decide to ask her if she's had any of the supernatural experiences occur to her, to which she just shrugs. "Not exactly, I haven't been able to point it out but I've definitely felt something off, and after prying for some more information from my teachers and some of the others, I've definitely got signs that this is something more than just a few coincidences and hallucinations. Well, the hallucinations might be an aspect of it, but that doesn't mean that the supernatural is completely left out of the equation. In fact, one of the teachers from another one of the Ravynscar houses, Snaer, thinks that it's a ghost too, it's just that nobody really believes him since he's got absent magic." You nod, understanding. You go ahead and ask her if she can point out the occurrences that make he believe it's something supernatural, what evidence she has, and she seems more than happy to oblige with your request.

"First of all, I had asked around and when Ottilie and Cyraus got separated, they felt the room chill around them, a telltale sign of something supernatural occurring near them. Despite multiple individuals believing that they saw the monster causing all this, the appearance that it took had drastically different forms. I also noticed that some of their forms corresponded with fears that they had. Cyraus saw a giant furry thing, and I know that he has a huge fear of bears and other animals that are large and furry. Mr.Baudelaire saw a sludge monster, and even though he seems not to be afraid of anything, I know he's got a fear of losing those he cares about, which means the ghost might have manifested in a form that could represent a more abstract fear like that."

You were honestly surprised at how much she thought about it, and how much she had asked. Had she gone to each of them to ask questions like you had? Either way, you were glad to hear that someone else believed in the supernatural, and was trying to figure it out. "I've seen you go around the campus too, maybe we can swap notes, see if we can't put something together."

It was an offer that you took in a heartbeat, you just had to wait for Ionize to check up on Cyraus. You didn't exactly mind, after all, you'd rather wait for a walking buddy than wander the halls after hearing everyone's experiences.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:10 pm

Arke 30MP, 40SP, and Magic Companion

Arke was looking after some little puffs when king heard something strange. King looked up and was startled to see a bird larger than anything king had ever seen before, king swears they must be almost forty feet tall. Arke might not have magic but king spread king's wings out and flexed king's talons threateningly at the large creature. King wouldn't let anything hard the little puffs king was responsible for, then in a sudden flash of light suddenly their forty foot tall bird was nothing more than another Hearthoot looking sheepishly at king.

"I'm terribly sorry I didn't mean to startle you!" They chirped bowing low to the ground in apology.

King examined the other bird warily, even now that king was reasonably sure they were no bigger than your average Hearthoot something about them was... off. Unsettling. They just weren't quite right.

"It's okay... I don't think I've seen your around the Academy before, are you new?" Arke asks cautiously, keeping kingself between the stranger and the puffs king was looking after.

"You could say that yes, a friend told me about this place and well I just wanted to see it for myself. I'm not sure I'll stick around honestly." They smile, something about it sets Arke more at edge instead of putting king at ease. This bird is just not right, they don't move quite like a Hearthoot should. Their eyes... almost seem to glow.

"I see, I'm sorry to hear the Academy isn't to your liking. Who told you about this place?" Arke tries to make the question sound casual but despite King managing to sound calm king gets the feeling the other still knows they are on edge and that the question has ulterior motives.

"Pan, a friend of mine, faun had heard of this place and thought I might be able to make some friends here. I can't say I quite fit in though. I'm hoping I might be able to visit or bring some to visit my home." They keep a respectful distance from the other, before seeming to look nowhere and smiling again. "Ah sorry I was just...it occurs to me I haven't introduced myself. I am Adaptus, and you?"

"Arke... these are Little Peep, Tairy, and Betany" Arke gestures to the little ones who each chirp when their name is said. King hesitantly steps to the side letting the kids get a better look of this 'Adaptus'. King is still a bit worried about this weird new bird but so far king hasn't been given any reason to usher the little ones away from the other.

"They are very cute, I hope they aren't being a talonful for you. Are you little ones behaving for your guardian?" They croon hunkering down a little to meet the little puffs eyes, smiling sweetly at them. For the first time Arke gets the impression king is seeing the 'real' Adaptus and yet it's still unsettling to think the other would only be real to the young. King startles when Adaptus speaks again.

"Ah I'm sorry I really must go now. I hope we can speak again!" The strange bird scampers off seeming to disappear in a flash of light at the end of the hall.

[542]

~*~

Little Peep Magic Companion

Little Peep peeks around their guardian to look at the space alien that has been causing mischief in the Academy. They are sure it's a space alien! The other bird looks a little too.... alieny to just be another Hearthoot! They giggle happily as the adults talk waddling around their Guardian trying to get a better look at the space alien but getting foiled by quick wings sweeping them back into the safety behind Arke. They chirp in protest, trying to wiggle through the feathers at once point to look at the strange bird.

The bird's form almost seems to waiver and warp as they look, like a space alien disguise!! They peep in protest as they are swept back away again, nibbling at the feathers nudging them backward only receiving a pat on the head in response to their protests. They pout a little climbing on top of one of the other kids to try and get enough height to look over the wing blocking their veiw. The other puff chirps in protest shaking them off before they can really get their footing. They chirp in surprise as they tumble down pouting some more at their latest plan being foiled.

They hop over to carefully peek around their Guardian's wing only for king to suddenly shift and flair a wing to hesitantly present them. They chirp happily when their name is said, oogling the real like space alien that's now crouching down to chat to them. They can't believe how lucky they are to talk to a real space alien! They chirp happily waddling a few steps closer to try and see through the space alien's glowing eyes and find out what they really look like. But just as quickly as they had run into the alien the alien was rushing off disappearing in a flash of light. Did they have a space ship?!

[315]
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:29 pm

phoebe magic companion + 30 MP, 40 SP

no matter how many times kore told her not to worry about the rumors phoebe couldnt help herself. all the stories just sounded so realistic, i mean the school was awfully scary, whos to say there was not something hiding away from sight? the walls were lined with photos of past graduates, many long dead. those who passed in more, unsavory ways, left a cold feeling in phoebe whenever she passed by them. because of this she tried to never stop infront of them, making sure to move as quick as possible. however, one day this was simply not possible.

the day before her class had been practicing magic outdoors when xanthe took it upon themselves to cause an illusion in the corner of phoebes eye, leading to him to get distracted and land poorly on his foot. when she arrived for class that day with a noticeable limp she had been immediately dismissed. with her newly acquired free time phoebe decided she would head back inside to look for kyoko to hang out with. this meant traveling down one of the oldest hallways in the school, one phoebe would typically avoid to take the longer route. on her bad foot she knew the shorter route would be better. taking a deep breath phoebe took a moment to compose herself before walking on.

‘ i can do this, its okay, just dont look up,’ she repeated the mantra over and over again in her head. ‘its only rumors kore is right.’ becoming so caught up in reassuring herself phoebe failed to catch sight of the rock on the ground, ramming her bad foot right into it.

“ouch! come on!” she huffed out taking a second to stop and catch her composure. as phoebe found herself looking down at her foot to check for any damage she missed the statue above her seemingly looking down upon her form. straightening back up phoebe found herself face to face with the painting, the painting in which the figure was now staring right at her! phoebe let out a squawk of horror flapping her wings to try and get away from the painting as fast as possible. it’s eyes watched her as she turned the corner of the hallway and out of sight.

in her hurry to get as far away from the hallway as possible phoebe missed the other bird coming right at her till it was too late. she fell backwards landing on the ground, “i’m so sorry! i didnt even see you- oh kyoko its you!” phoebe burst out before looking up and catching sight of her friend. not allowing her friend a chance to even say hi she started squawking out in fast speed.

“kyoko you won’t believe it, ive had the worst morning ever. first i was dismissed from class and then i had to go down the haunted hallway and hit a rock. and oh they were right about those rumors! Its haunted it really is! the painting was watching me theres no other explanation.” phoebe stopped her tangent to breathe heavily still running off the adrenaline giving kyoko a chance to speak at last.

“hold on, give me a second to take that all in.” kyoko decided on feeling stuck on how to comfort her friend.
[548]
Last edited by strawberrymwilk on Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krazykitty00 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:18 am

[ Featuring: Coletta, Ceen, Vil, Vallant ]
    [ 30 MP for Coletta, Ceen, Vil, & Vallant -- Magic Companion for Vallant & Ceen -- 200 SP ]

The lobby was the place they chose to meet, being empty during this time of day. The small group had gathered to welcome back their friend from her time out of Vela, truly, it had been forever since they'd seen her. It was meant to be a nice quiet get together, but of course, one Hearthoot was never too good with at lowering his voice.

"Coletta! Geez- Late as always! I thought I was going to die of boredom over here!" Squawked Ceen as Coletta finally landed with the group. She gave a nervous chuckle as she did so, her head twitching a slight bit as the loud sound of her old friend practically destroyed her eardrums.

"Ah- sorry sorry." She responded, looking over her shoulder once- twice, before smiling at the group. "I didn't mean to make you wait.. I had to take the long way.." She mumbled, head tossing over her shoulder once again before she finally relaxed a little and took in the group. "It truly has been forever. Hello Ceen. Vil, Vallant, how do you do?"

The two who had been behind the green feathered loud mouth nodded back in greeting, Vil actually stepping forward to butt their head to hers. "I've been well. Though- you're shaking Coli- what's got you so upset?

"Oh nothi-"

"Ever the liar." Vallant interrupted from his place at the table.

Coletta gave a huff, looking over at Hearthoot who seemed to barely acknowledge her presence in favor of the puzzle in front of him. "And ever annoying." She shook her head, the motion flowing down through her body to her tail before giving a sigh. "But you're right.. things have been a little strange since I came back.."

"Strange? Are you sure you just don't have realm lag? Travelling betweens has gotta be messing with something."

"Contrary. It's actually quite a comfortable journey." Vil hummed, earning a nod of agreement from Vallant.

"Oh- of course. Every one knows but me." Ceen pouted.

"Do better."

"HEY!''

"Anyway-" Vil stepped in before Ceen could cause any damage to their eyes with his unholy screeching. Though he shot a quick warning glance at Vallant to not start any thing else before returning the floor to their nervous friend. "Coletta... care to explain?"

The Hoot in question seemed to flinch, head snapping back around from wherever she was looking at in the vast distance behind her. This reaction only caused the trio to cast worried glances to one another. With a nervous cough and a small shuffle, she finally spoke. "W-Well.. it may sound a bit crazy b-but.. I'm quite certain there is.. some sort of spirit haunting the North hall..." She cautiously glanced up to each of them, expecting to be laughed at, but upon receiving only silence, she continued.

"As you know.. I've been here a day or so now.. and as per protocol, I had to make my report to the Principal.. on my return trip, I let myself take in the nostalgia of the school and all, which lead me to the North Hall where Arci's Library dwells. It was uncommonly dark in that all, but I simply assumed it was due to the late hours... Alas, with every step it grew darker.. And I felt the strange sensation of being watched... as if the paintings on the walls were watching my every move.. I did not feel welcome, despite my many stars of traversing that very hall. I didn't like it so hurried along into the library and waited out the bad feeling."

"That hardly sounds weird to-"

"HOWEVER!" Coletta suddenly stopped Vil, moving in such a motion that made the other jump in surprise. "When I finally stepped out of the library, it was practically pitched darkness! Goodness, it was quite terrifying. But what frightened me most was the sudden laughter.. A faint giggling that sounded as if it were both behind and in front of me. Terrified, I began to hurry my steps out of there. At that precise moment, a painting fell beside me. I am still embarrassed at the sound that released from me, but it was awful! I was terrified! And so I began to run, but one after the other, the paintings were falling behind me with step, and the giggling followed me and practically grew louder and louder until I finally took flight and left. I had never run so fast- I was terrified!!" Coletta shivered, feathers ruffled so much that she looked like a young Puff again with all it's baby plumage still attached.

"When Ceen messaged me to meet you all today, I did not plan to leave my dorm in fear of whatever may have haunted me that night, but I did not want to miss the opportunity to see you all. Alas, my curiosity got the better of me on my way here and I stopped by the North Hall again. The darkness was no longer there and the paintings had been placed back on the walls. I wanted to right it all off as coincidence or a dreamlike state, but as I turned around, that eerie laughter filled my head again! I wasted no time leaving the hall- but every hall that lead to this lobby would greet me with laughter. I was so scared! Hence why I took the long way getting here.. Forgive me, but I have been quite on edge since.." With that she cast a nervous glance once more over her shoulder, eyes darting to the doors that led out into the halls.

When she finally turned her gaze back to the others, she was surprised to see Vallant had finally left his puzzle and was looking at her with keen interest and intrigue. Meanwhile Ceen looked smug and excited.

"I TOLD YOU! I was not crazy!" He squawked triumphantly, only earning an eye roll from Vil. When Coletta looked confused, he continued. "I've been hearing someone laughing for moons now! I told these two but they brushed me off and called me crazy!" He glared accusingly. "And I had some freaky stuff happen in the North Hall too!"

"What were you, of all birds, doing in the North Hall?" Vil questioned.

"Investigating! Anyway! I didn't get that weird darkness thingy at the start, but there was a strange dark... thing? bouncing around in the hall lights. At one point it was nothing but a small thing, so I thought it was a mouse and chased it. But then it sped up! Moving super fast! The all of a sudden, there was that giggling and a big- and I mean BIG shadow thing that fell from the ceiling! I froze. Then- BAM! One by one, the lights started to go out! The dark thing disappeared as the hall just started to go dark. I ran the heck out of there- but I swear something pulled off a feather- because something touched me right as I turned tail!"

"And why didn't you tell us this sooner?" Vallant asked, sounding surprisingly offended by this new info.

"Well I did at first, but you called me empty headed and 'an annoyance to the serenity'!" Ceen countered with a pout. Vallant simply rolled his eyes.

"Are you sure it wasn't a curse or something? Maybe on of the Arcane students slipped up in class?" Vil offered, but Coletta shook her head.

"Trust me, that was the first thing I checked. Had it been a curse, I could have dispelled it right away without fear. Or, at the very least, identified that it was a curse and move along with my day. Curses don't scare me.. But spirits... those are completely foreign to me! Hauntings can't be displaced by magic! And they are often terrifying and malicious! So I've heard."

"Well this is certainly not ok.. If it's spooking you this much and is without an explanation, then surely it should be looked into right?" Vil pondered, glancing around the lobby toward the doors. In truth, he didn't want to believe this. Hauntings like this weren't uncommon given the magics that are taught and hosted within Vela Epeius. However, word of such hauntings would have spread by now. More or less, long since dealt with in a timely fashion, leaving it to become a passing tale among the Bardic Magiks and a passing headache of the Death Magiks. And yet, this was the first mention- well second if he were to count Ceen's earlier attempt- of a possible spirit in the North Hall, and seemingly quite isolated too, as it only affected the two before him so far.

Ceen's eyes seemed to light up at the notion. "You know what that means!"

"An adventure." Vallant finished, already packing his puzzle into his satchel and looking ready to go.

Ceen was quite surprised. "Whoa- really? No 'reporting to a teacher' or 'another waste of time' from you Vallant?" The Lunar Hearthoot in question simply hummed and shrugged, tossing on his satchel without looking his friends way. But Ceen was quite perceptive, and the grin on his face hid nothing. "You're actually excited for this aren't you?"

"No-"

"Don't lie! You've been reading and talking that ghost novel for a moon now! There's no way you wouldn't be! Sweet Celestia, I never thought I'd see the day where Vallant is willingly joining my adventure!" Ceen could not stop his teasing laugh as the normally indignant Hearthoot seem to fluff up in embarrassment. And yet, he couldn't seem to argue back. Guess it was true after all.

Seeing them laugh so naturally made Coletta relax quite a bit. It was a much better sound than whatever spooky entity that was having a laugh at her expense. However, she didn't really like the idea of going back to seek out said entity. "As lovely as this all sounds, do you truly intend to venture back? Even you yourself mentioned being frightened by.. whatever was lurking about."

Ceen wiped the build up of tears on his eyes, ignoring the death glares being burned into his feathers as he grinned over at Coletta. "Well of course! I may be scared, but I'm no coward! And besides, this time I'll have a partner!" He nudged Vallant who grumbled in agreement. Then he looked back at her and Vil. "And you two too- if you're willing?"

Vil tapped a claw in thought, seeming to mull it over. "I suppose I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious.. A hidden spirit of the North Hall... it could make for a good story." Ever the bard. Vil may not have been the most in tune with their magic, but they couldn't resist a chance to spread a story of their own. "You can count me in."

The trio looked to Coletta, who in turn looked at each of them, taking in the expectant look in their eyes. She wasn't exactly thrilled.. truthfully. She would much rather hide in her dorm until she could return home to her companion, but alas- curiosity hadn't been at this high for a long time. The desire for an explanation or a satisfying conclusion was strong. With a sigh and a nervous nod she agreed. "Ok fine.. I suppose I deserve the answers."

"YES! Sweet galaxy, this is going to be epic!" Ceen jumped excitedly. "We should totally go tonight then! You saw more activity near the end of the day- imagine what would happen if we met a darkness demon at night!"

"Don't call it a darkness demon Ceen- that just sounds ridiculous." Vallant complained with a huff, earning a chuckle from Vil.

"I don't know. It has a nice ring to it- 'Darkness Demon'. Don't you agree?"

"No. I don't. That is literally what I just said." Another huff, Vallant adjusted his satchel one last time before jumping into the air with a spread of his wings.

"HEY! Where are you going!?"

"To eat.. That's why we all gathered here after all... to grab a bite together, no?" As if on cue, a growl emitted from the crowd, the sound leading all their eyes to fall on Coletta.

"Oh.. I had completely forgot!" Coletta admitted with shy laugh of embarrassment and a pat to her stomach.

"Same!" Ceen laughed as he spread his wings to join his friend in the air.

Vil chuckled before stretching. "I am guilty as well. Come on. Lets take your mind off of the fear factor." And with a run then jump, they were in the air as well.

Coletta spread her wings and lifted off the ground with a single powerful flap of her wings. However, she felt that eerie gaze burning into her feathers at take off. One last glance over her shoulder revealed nothing. But that did nothing to settle the uneasiness now forming in her gut.
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keryth » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:27 pm

word count: 690

notes: +40 SP, +30 MP for Asra, +Magic Companion for Asra

featuring Lyrei (storkie) and Asra (hearthoot)

Lyrei had been studying in the academy’s garden, under the glow of the stars. They couldn’t see it, but they nonetheless could feel the flow of them across the sky. It must be approaching morning, as the many pinpoints of magic was being traded for a single one of immense strength.

Their ears twitch as they hear something land to their left, the noise soft enough that it’d be nearly imperceptible to those whose senses are less keen.

Lyrei doesn’t lift their paw from the book they’ve almost finished, a fascinating historical piece on how Faunal magicians originally negotiated hunting partnerships with Hearthoots. They had known the broad strokes, but the minor details is where the book really shined.

Quiet footsteps approach them, the pattern suggesting a biped rather than another Storkat. Soon, they feel a gentle beak running through their fur, the gesture accompanied by a soft coo.

Asra, their hunting partner. Lyrei had not met another as fascinated by the stars above as they before meeting him.

With the sun beginning to rise, it was time to get going. The gentle preening was Asra’s quiet way of attracting their attention, reminding them it was time for the both of them to go to bed.

Lyrei lifts the tome they had been reading from, and places it into a bag. They would have to be up before the moon was truly in the sky in order to return it to the library, a fact they resented.

The pair walk through the academy, Lyrei’s fur brushing against the wall, and the closer they near their bed, the more exhaustion begins to set in. Perhaps they had allowed themselves to be too consumed in their studies, and let too much time pass them by.

It’s quiet beyond the soft clicking of Asra’s talons on the hard flooring. The other students attending were largely diurnal, leaving Lyrei and Asra to their studies while the others had long ago retired for the night.

The garden that Lyrei prefers for reading was a long walk from their dorm, but it was always worth it to feel the magic of the stars pulse above them.

Lost in thought, Lyrei jumps at the sudden sound of Asra snapping his beak together, the loud noise echoing in the empty hall. They feel their fur rising as the usually placid hearthoot follows up with a series short hisses.

The quiet sounds of his talons as he shifts his weight suggests that he’s mid-threat display. If they reach out, Lyrei knows they’ll find Asra’s feathers puffed out, and his wings spread.

Something is wrong, and they don’t know what. There has been nothing to suggest that another was in the hall.

Lyrei nearly plasters themself to the wall to their right, their hackles rising as they hiss alongside Asra at whatever is disturbing him.

It feels like ages, as the cold trickle of fear grows the longer Asra is agitated. Lyrei strains their sense, desperately trying to grasp any information about what the hearthoot is seeing as so threatening.

But no matter how hard they try, there’s nothing there.

Asra does not waver, still snapping at the threat Lyrei can’t seem to perceive. They’re tense, enough that their muscles are beginning to ache.

His continued hissing at whatever is there is causing their nerves to fray.

They don’t know how long they stay there, unmoving as Asra stands between them and the something they have still yet to have sensed a single trace of.

All Lyrei knows is that by the time Asra is running his beak through their fur in a comforting gesture, their muscles ache and exhaustion is doggedly nipping at their paws.

They drag themselves the rest of the way to their dorm, Asra nearly glued to their side.

As the morning students begin to filter into the hall, filling the expansive space with their excited chatter, Lyrei pins their ears back in irritation. It must be well past dawn by now, if the others were preparing to attend classes.

Perhaps they would take a different route to the garden in the future, just in case.
he/him
bird enthusiast
Keryth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:13 pm

Hey there everyone, I need a little bit more time to process rewards - please give me until March 10th to dole out special companions and adoptables, as there will be quite a few of them! I also want to make sure each entry gets love and care and special attention, and with February containing my Advent, I just don't have as much time at moment to get to everything that needs to be done. I hope you will understand, and thank you for participating!
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:28 pm

slowly working through these. many of you had many participants so it's easier to just chunk it out.
all companions will provide tournament rewards when they are released and i'll double back to this post again.

bakuraas. rewards since he posted first;

for marcellius

for ottilie

for baudelaire

for cyraus

and instead of a companion i gave you a magic expressed g1 hybrid for ur final bird, ionize;
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4836653
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:47 pm

toraokami303

i forwent companions and gave you birds entirely, you can absolutely write them as companions

hearthoot w/ illegal sectoral expression
shadow & trickster magic
height edit :)

mfa borb - unreleased species
shadow magic
also counts as a critter for Kiwi's Critters
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:00 pm

strawberrymwilk wrote:phoebe magic companion + 30 MP, 40 SP

no matter how many times kore told her not to worry about the rumors phoebe couldnt help herself. all the stories just sounded so realistic, i mean the school was awfully scary, whos to say there was not something hiding away from sight? the walls were lined with photos of past graduates, many long dead. those who passed in more, unsavory ways, left a cold feeling in phoebe whenever she passed by them. because of this she tried to never stop infront of them, making sure to move as quick as possible. however, one day this was simply not possible.

the day before her class had been practicing magic outdoors when xanthe took it upon themselves to cause an illusion in the corner of phoebes eye, leading to him to get distracted and land poorly on his foot. when she arrived for class that day with a noticeable limp she had been immediately dismissed. with her newly acquired free time phoebe decided she would head back inside to look for kyoko to hang out with. this meant traveling down one of the oldest hallways in the school, one phoebe would typically avoid to take the longer route. on her bad foot she knew the shorter route would be better. taking a deep breath phoebe took a moment to compose herself before walking on.

‘ i can do this, its okay, just dont look up,’ she repeated the mantra over and over again in her head. ‘its only rumors kore is right.’ becoming so caught up in reassuring herself phoebe failed to catch sight of the rock on the ground, ramming her bad foot right into it.

“ouch! come on!” she huffed out taking a second to stop and catch her composure. as phoebe found herself looking down at her foot to check for any damage she missed the statue above her seemingly looking down upon her form. straightening back up phoebe found herself face to face with the painting, the painting in which the figure was now staring right at her! phoebe let out a squawk of horror flapping her wings to try and get away from the painting as fast as possible. it’s eyes watched her as she turned the corner of the hallway and out of sight.

in her hurry to get as far away from the hallway as possible phoebe missed the other bird coming right at her till it was too late. she fell backwards landing on the ground, “i’m so sorry! i didnt even see you- oh kyoko its you!” phoebe burst out before looking up and catching sight of her friend. not allowing her friend a chance to even say hi she started squawking out in fast speed.

“kyoko you won’t believe it, ive had the worst morning ever. first i was dismissed from class and then i had to go down the haunted hallway and hit a rock. and oh they were right about those rumors! Its haunted it really is! the painting was watching me theres no other explanation.” phoebe stopped her tangent to breathe heavily still running off the adrenaline giving kyoko a chance to speak at last.

“hold on, give me a second to take that all in.” kyoko decided on feeling stuck on how to comfort her friend.
[548]

hearthoot + shadow magic + magic expression + muzzle shape / beak shape edit <3
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me