Based on Click to view
Artist Archaeopteryx. [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Stars #2588

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 pm

Different sort of FCFS kitty! To win this kitty, write 589 words for them! (Amount suggested by Deercan) It can be about anything, so long as its within community guidelines. Only completed forms will be accepted. Do not edit your post after posting it, you will be disqualified

Any users who submit a completed entry within 1 hour of the first one will earn an RU.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name: sandbar
Clan: xxx
Description: Cinnamon golden ticked tabby chinchilla with mid white
Edits: [c] min fur, shorter tail, pupil edits
Owner: knickknacks
Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #2588

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:37 pm

Username: knickknacks
Cat Name: sandbar
Clan: xxx
Prompt:

Sandbar had always been a curious child. Even as a tiny kitten, his auntie Plover had her paws full trying to keep him out of her shop cupboards, worried that he would make nonsensical (but oddly charming) little crafts with her materials, or get into the cooking ingredients and render them inedible.

"Once you find something productive to channel all that energy into, boy," she told him once, "the world had better watch out. You'll be well near unstoppable."

And young Sandbar had beamed, and snuggled closer to his aunt, drifting off into dreams of the great things he wanted to do someday.

As it turned out, when he got older, being put to work helped a good deal- and he liked helping Plover around her shop, he really did- but the thing that really lit a fire under him, that left him worn out and satisfied like nothing else did, was exploring.

The city of salted stone was situated high on an ocean cliff, amid stone ruins that nobody could name- that was the basis for their home. But the rocky cliffs and ever-shifting coastlines were wilder, and much less touched by the citizenry, who preferred to keep to the already set up docks that the city had built. For Sandbar, though, those wild spaces called to him most of all. The first time, Plover had lost a scarf over the cliff, and he'd dashed down in the hopes of finding it for her, heedless of her calls after him. He'd found it, bedraggled and snagged on some driftwood and all but ruined- but he'd also found some washed-up seaglass in the sand, and a flock of gulls to run at and scatter, and a tiny crab that snapped at his paws- a lively and thoroughly interesting world that he hadn't yet been exposed to.

And from then on, Sandbar would rush to finish his work as efficiently as possible- and then set off, satchel draped across his shoulders, ready to not come back until sundown. Plover would smile, and shake her head, but didn't stop him- she knew there was no keeping him out of this, and besides, the work she needed was getting done, regardless.

Sandbar lived his days carefree and curious, mapping an unmappable coastline, offering guidance to travelers, even selling prettier trinkets he found as a sort of side hustle. And though he loved it- the real fire was not lit under him until the ship came.

He knew before he even saw the flag- knew, because the city had not offered aid, and the city always helped merchants- that these were not merchants, but pirates.

Plover told him not to get close, to stay away and let the guard handle it- but he'd insisted that the guard wasn't handling it, that they might need help, that he was quick enough to get away from some pirates if they tried to pull anything- and before his aunt could protest further, he had stuffed his satchel full of food and set off.

The hulk of the wrecked ship was more than a little frightening, and when Sandbar saw it lying on the beach he loved so much, his courage almost failed him. But then a scout saw him, and he saw them, and when he was introduced to the remains of the pirate crew- he knew he had made the right choice. These cats smiled wearily, and accepted his aid gladly, and-

-helping them lit a fire under him. Sandbar would not be kept away.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:40 pm

Username: mrs
Cat Name: Sunstone
Clan: whispering winds
Prompt:
Sunstone has always been a very intelligent, respectable cat. Everyone knows they can trust Sunstone with their secrets - he's one strong minded cat amongst a crowd of untrustable members. He would never give out someone's secret, regardless of who they are, what rank they are, and what their secret is. He's been tested by this many times, and because of that? He's the clan's deputy. He's trusted and appreciated by everyone, but especially Whispering Wind's arrogant leader.

The clan's leader has a particular fondness for Sunstone, especially when it comes to going on hunting trips together. They enjoy spending time together, speaking together.. everything. The clan would be a total and utterly different place if Sunstone wasn't around, or if he was any different. Not only is he known for being an easy to talk to cat, he's also known for helping others out. From helping the medicine cat with sorting their herbs (he's immaculate at knowing which herb is which, and what said herb does) all the way to helping new mothers wrangle their kits.

The cats trust and love Sunstone! They would never give him up for anything.

The, everything changed, on one faithful night.

A storm had struck over Whispering Wind's territory; it was the worst the clan had ever seen. Not even the cats in Starclan had let them know how awful it was going to be - it was a complete surprise, and seemingly random. The clan had seen the clouds were rolling in, of course, but it didn't dim as much as expected with a storm as horrible as it was. While the storm began to pour, a kit had been reported missing. Sunstone was the first cat to volunteer to go search.

But to everyone's horror, Sunstone hadn't ever come back. He'd been lost in the rain, and even despite sending out more frantic cats to find him, no cat succeeded. He was gone! Wiped off of the face of the earth. It was to everyone's absolute horror and dismay... Sundrop was gone.

No cat in the clan knows what happened to Sunstone, so they had ultimately determined that the cat was dead. Gone, but not forgotten, and certainly missed. The mourning process that they had for the cat was a grueling one. No cat was chipper for what felt like days- weeks? The leader was in such array that he could hardly appoint a new deputy to take Sunstone's spot.

And then, for the second time, everything changed again. Right as his title of deputy was given to another cat, Sunstone had reappeared?! But this time, rather than being his usual, understanding, open-minded self, he was closed off, silent, and timid. He wasn't the same cat that left the clan's camp a few weeks prior. The cats of the clan loved that Sunstone was back, but there was an awful distaste in every cat's mouth to know that the experience had left Sunstone so different, it was as if interacting with a whole different feline. Of course, cats were curious as to what happened to him while he was away.

As it turns out, Sunstone had searched and searched for the kit, but to no avail. And as the storm was pouring rain down harder and harder, he was beginning to become frightened at the thought of being swept away by rain, or even losing his sense of direction to how dark it was. He had turned away at that moment, but ended up getting lost along the way back to camp.
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Username: Griff
Cat Name: Sandstripe
Clan: Clan Ember
Prompt:

Sandstripe paused, looking over the strange group of cats before him. "Why are there so many of you? What do you have in common?" he asks, genuinely curious. "Why do you live in a tree of all things, why not something sturdier? And who tried to paint the tree? Where do you keep prey? Do you all sleep in a pile together? What do you hunt? What are your predators? Wh-" He pauses only as a paw comes up to his snout to hush him. Surprisingly the loudest one in the group: Crowcall.

"I like curiosity as much as the next cay but for goodness sakes! Give us a chance to answer before you launch into more questions!" This drew a chuckle out of the clan, but especially their healer, Blossomcrown, who gently bumped Crowcall's shoulder.

"Oh ease up on him. How many questions did you ask me when we first met hmm?" Crowcall scoffed.

"That's different!" He protested, sticking his tongue out as his tail playfully lashed back and forth. This drew more laughs from the clan, before Emberstar stepped forward.

"It is understandable you would be curious. Especially if you are considering this as a home. So..." He takes in a deep breath. Stares at Sandstripe for a long moment before he continues.

"I gather those who have no place to go, or those who never had one to start with. Lost, hungry, cast out... they all find shelter here. So long as they do their part, I accept anyone. You do not need to be the strongest, the smartest, or the bravest... you simply have to at least try. What we have in common is that we try, and we try our best. While it does not always work out... we weather the results together and become stronger for it." He gestures his paw over the clan, a look of pride crossing his features as he does.

"As for why a tree? Well, around here it is one of the few things the Two-Legs leave alone. This tree is one of the few things that have stood against the hurricanes, as well as the tropical storms. It keeps us hidden, it keeps us warm when the nights become cold, and when we pull up the curtains it brings us cooling breezes. As for who tried to paint it..." He trails but a moment, before a tuxedo cat pads forward and bows her head.

"Seapelt, at your service!" She replies, grinning widely. "I just wanted everyone to see it for the treasure it really is!" Emberstar has a slightly long-suffering look, if not fond as his ears twitch.

"As for where we keep prey, well, there are lots of smaller bushes, as well as places we bury them! There is not one spot, as we like to make sure we have several spots just to keep safe! And well, some of us sleep together in a pile, while some of us prefer to sleep on our own! Everyone gets to pick their spot! Some of us are admittedly a bit more fond of each other..." He adds, winking at Feathernose who seems to blush under her fur but can be heard purring nonetheless.

"As for what we hunt? Gulls, rats, bugs... whatever happens to be closeby! We try to keep it varied, but gull tends to be a favorite! And finally predators? Well we don;t have many but look out for bears! And cougars... anyways that should coverr it! Any more questions?"

"Well, one or two..."
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrikanez » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Username: Arrikanez
Cat Name: Goldenscent
Clan: The Dark Carnival
Prompt:
Something seemed... 'off' with the chill today. He was born to ice and snow, but the snow felt too cold, and the ice was angry. The one-without-a-name sent out a mental call to see if there was anything that could be done to soothe the anger of the spirits within, and found - to his utter shock - an entity that did not belong. Hovering on his periphery.

"Who are you?" he said, aloud, voice echoing in the cavern he had been traversing. "And what brings you to this realm between realms? You are no species I recognize, and no friend of the spirits here..." He reached, trying to grasp this entity, trying to hold it, to understand it - only to be met with waves, and waves of pain. Prince J'kan may have been already dead, but this hurt like he'd never felt before. He could feel himself being pulled, twisted, strung out and examined like string between a spider's legs. It was the most agony he'd ever been in. The 'examination' of his very being lasted seven, maybe eight minutes. During which time he was unable to move, speak, or even defend himself with his magic.

Then? Darkness. His eyes went dim, and even if he opened them, he could not see anything. His mouth worked to form words, but his breath was stolen by sheer anger, sheer cold. What was this?

~You'll do.~ the voice came. Honey-sweet, but full of malice. Full of anger. Full of hurt and pain and torment.

The prince wanted to ask what had hurt the entity so - if there was anything he could do... but that pain started again. He felt himself being stretched once more, but this time molded into something completely other. Not human, no. Not his own race either. He was... four legged... and... whiskers? A cat? Just what would possess this hurt spirit to turn him into a feline? That, he could not fathom.

Getting to his legs, he found himself in a new realm. A... darker realm. With energies he could not trace without some serious effort. It was like his own realm - a place in-between. A burning, flickering candle in the space where light and dark met. He could sense that angry, hurt energy all around him, and something in his heart went out to the one in charge. What had caused this spirit so much pain?

~It is not your concern.~ the spirit replied, in a male, somewhat snarky voice. ~What has been done, cannot be undone. You are different from the others. You see things you should not. What will you do, now that you have come to my realm? You have no power here, no ice to control. No winter spirits to command.~

The prince shook out his coat, and gave a disapproving frown at his surroundings. "You speak from a place of hatred. But you were not always so. What made you thus? Who hurt you, dear spirit?"

Chroma... just laughed. It wasn't a friendly one. ~You who can see the dead. You who control the cold. You'll give Viperstar something else to think about, for sure.~ Chroma said, snickering. ~My affairs are none of yours. Be content with your new life, or else be gone. I have not the time to indulge your inane questions. You see more than I anticipated. No matter. I can fix that.~

J'kan was about to ask what he meant by that... but the spirit vanished. Even his presence was gone... it was time to find out what was going on here. And why all this energy was so ANGRY all around him...
Arrikanez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Username: kiffell
Cat Name: sunbird
Clan: cactusclan
Prompt:
Code: Select all
"typical" she rolled her eyes. she huffed to herself as she wiped her dirtied paws on the hot sand, her tail fluffing in aggravation. "having light colored fur makes for awful cleanup." she mewed to the cat across from her. the ginger she-cat only smiled, fangs showing.
"well, it's not my fault you want to do all the dirty work." she said, wandering around what laid in front of her to meet the cat on the other side. she nuzzled up to the golden she-cat, purring into her fur, "i love you, but you can't keep getting mad whenever you get blood on your paws."
the bright colored she snorted, letting herself sit as her girlfriend continued showering her with affection.
"what are we going to do with this one?" she then asked, making the ginger stop nuzzling her, giving her a look.
the two cats just stared in silence as they looked down at the well deceased target. it was just a scrawny cat, but he put up a good fight for the two. still, to dahlia and sunbird, it was an easy kill.
dahlia hummed, "easiest way to go about is to bury him. but that's a bit boring, don't you think?"
sunbird only shrugged, "i don't think anyone would care if we brought him back to the group. all they wanted was him dead, they didn't say to bring him back like a trophy."
"true, true." the other she said, standing up to start piling sand on the scrawny tom.
the task didn't take too long, to which the two cats shook out their fur, getting the grains of sand off their bodies before turning and leaving the crime scene. dahlia pushed her body against her girlfriend's, purring quietly as the two walked across the desert in silence. sunbird stared up, watching the clouds roll as the sun baked her golden fur.
many would say her job is a traumatizing one, but the she-cat didn't think too much of it anymore. when she was first banished from cactusclan, she felt as if her world was crumbling, but it wasn't until dahlia and scorpion brought her to the outlaw side of the desert lands. she was quickly accepted into the small group as a bounty hunter, which yes, it did scare her at first, because the only other cat she had killed before was on accident. but it's what got her out of the clan in the first place. she was tasked with taking out the cats who had wronged those in the little outlaws, which meant killing both her past clanmates and other loners traveling across the hot earth they happened to live on.
despite being a bounty hunter, she didn't mind where life was taking her. the killing came easy, but the loving came easier. if it wasn't for dahlia, she wouldn't be where she was right now. she most likely would've been hunted down herself and killed by the clan who decided they didn't need her anymore. so, everything she has, everything that she has done, is thanks to she she-cat standing next to her right now.
"i love you, you know that, right?" sunbird suddenly spoke out, breaking the silence.
dahlia peered up at her, giving a light laugh, "that was random."
"but it's true. and i feel like i dont tell it to you enough. i love you dahlia."
the other she-cat went silent, but sunbird smiled as she felt the body next to her start to purr. yup. life was good.
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:50 pm

Username: CloudedDiamond
Cat Name: Sunflowerdance
Clan: SparrowClan
Prompt:
Sunflowerdance dashed through the open field. She had been trapped in the forest for too long, she needed to escape; at least temporarily. The cool night air flowed through her fur as she sprinted through the huge field. She didn't stop running until she finally needed to catch her breath. She slowed and took in her surroundings. A twolegplace sat a while away, and the forest she had run from was out of sight. She took a few moments to catch her breath before heading towards the twolegplace. It was smaller than the one she had come from, but it was still interesting to explore. Cars sat in driveways and on the road; Sunflowerdance could smell various dogs and cats; a fox had passed through the night before. The golden she-cat found a huge oak tree and figured it'd likely be the safest place to rest until sunrise. Hopefully, she could be back before most of the clan noticed she was missing, but she knew Snownose usually woke up long before the sun would ever consider coming out. As Sunflowerdance settled down to sleep, she wondered if running off without saying anything had been the right choice. She supposed it was probably too late to go back now, and soon drifted into sleep.

Sunflowerdance ran as fast as she could, every bone in her body aching for her to stop. Growls sounded from behind her, thundering pawsteps following. The trees blurred as she rushed passed them, and she could hardly feel the ground beneath her paws. Something behind her shouted "traitor" but she didn't dare turn around to look. She kept pressing forwards, but her body was growing weary. She wanted to stop, but then she'd be caught, and who knows what would happen then? She saw a tall tree not far off and figured that would potentially be her best bet for escaping. She willed her aching bones on for another few moments before launching herself into the tree and quickly scaling it. She lucked out; the tree had many places to grasp onto and she climbed up easily. And then her vision went black.

Sunflowerdance woke with a start, breathing heavily and in shock. She looked around wildly for a few moments before realizing she was safe. But she wasn't home. She was caught off guard by her nightmare and remembered the shouts of those behind her. She was a traitor. She had left, and for what? She simply wanted freedom. She didn't like the trees. Why did she join a clan where she couldn't be happy? But she had no one else, nowhere to go. She sighed and sat in the tree for a few more moments before climbing back down. She backtracked through the twolegplace, stopping briefly to greet a kittypet who soon feared the warrior after learning about the clan lifestyle. She soon returned to the field outside the twolegplace and began padding back towards her clan. Her clan. She realized after talking to the kittypet that she truly did think of the clan as her home. Her pace seemed to quicken, and her heart raced faster and faster as she got closer to her home. She stopped to catch prey before returning to the camp, and made an excuse to why she was out so early.

Snownose sat off to the side, watching Sunflowerdance silently. She sighed. The vision had been true; the future deputy did need to spend time alone for a while to realize she truly did love her future clan.
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:53 pm

Username: kennymcnenny
Cat Name: Sun'Eater
Clan: Little Snake Hollow
Prompt:
This moment had been a long time coming, Sun'Eater had been lying in wait for moons, stalking the peaceful little town. But there was nothing there to stop her now, the guards were barely paying attention to anything past their own paws- goddess above, one of them was even playing with a little beetle where he sat in the dirt. The rest of the town was asleep, it was perfect. This would be the first act of many, one that would start the raging fire that would dissolve this town into chaos. They had defied the gods above for too long, refusing to pay homage to the traditions and the beliefs that their town was built on, and the outsiders that had died to protect it. They claimed to welcome anybody and everybody that showed up on their doorsteps, and yet there were cats like Sun'Eater. Ones that have been called outlaws and criminals for doing nothing more than being different than them. Supposedly it was better, under this new Sheriff. She was kinder, more accepting. But Sun'Eater knew it was all lies to make the town seem more acceptable. She would not be a fool again, and she would not let this town ruin the lives of more cats. The sun goddess, the cat she was named after, was displeased. It had sent her a vision, telling her to act now, before the chance was lost. This town would pay for the disrespect to the cats that built this land, and to the gods that made it.
She stalked past the guard that was still playing with the bug, her coat blending in with the sand and rocks around her. They didn't even look up as Sun'Eater misstepped on a rock and it shifted with her weight. How could the sheriff trust cats like these to guard the town? It was just proving her point, nothing had changed. No self-respecting town would let their guards down like this. Sun'Eater saw further signs of deterioration and a lack of care as she slinked through the town, her paws barely making a sound on the hard-packed earth of the main road. It was disgusting. Yes, buildings deteriorated naturally, but this? This showed that there had been no effort to rebuild, to expand the town. This went against everything the gods asked of them. They were supposed to grow, thrive, show this land was full of life and promise. And this? This looked like a ghost town.
Sun'Eater shook her head, focusing back on her task. She crouched low again, moving towards the large meeting hall that sat in the middle of the town. She stopped at the smaller building in the back first- there was the resident 'preacher' as they called him, sleeping soundly. She moved on, knowing now the building would be empty. She did not wish to harm any cats yet, she didn't want to upset her goddess.
Sun'Eater lept onto the nearest window that she found cracked open to let in fresh air, slipping underneath the pane and dropping silently to the floor. Once she reached the middle of the building, she nosed onto the small pouch she was carrying, pulling out the match. This was old wood, it would light easily. But as she struck it, the fire light revealed a large cat waiting for her, a shining star resting on their hat. Sun'Eater froze, staring at the Sheriff and her two deputies. Somehow, somehow they had known. And this would not end well for her.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:54 pm

Username: Lokisaurus
Cat Name: Hylthea
Clan: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4809718
Prompt:

Sing sweet bird, sweet golden bird, share your tale of woe. Share your tales of heart and soul. Share your worry and hate and ken. Share your song with a woman with none, share your song for those who cannot. Share with those who no longer hope, who no longer feel, who no longer see and no longer care. Share because you must, because it fills your lungs with such a fire that you'll combust from the flame if you don't let it out. Share with me because my fire has died but the kindling remained; share with me out of pity for the dying cinders of a song long dead.

I couldn't spare you a note if I tried. My whistles and chimes and hoots have failed me and I've lost the will to try. I hear your song and think of my own - mezzo-seprano, high and sweet, wasn't I something to behold? - and I hate you for every melody you hum. I despise you for every aria and sonnet that passes your gilded lips. I hate and I rage and I seethe. I was robbed, robbed I tell you. Your song should be mine and your voice my own. I should sing those pretty words and I should share my pretty song. It's not fair! Am I not as beautiful once - not now, ha, look at me! I scream at my own reflection, age does not become me -

- oh no... I've said too much. You're leaving now. I've scared you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, the words got twisted and turned in my head, don't leave! I can't be here alone. I'm a dying flame, a fading spark of a star past its prime, and like that star my memory fades too. I'm lost. I float inside myself, among my slipping words and slipping tongue. Please stay, little bird, please stay. I don't have much but I'll lend you my ears - what will you have me hear? I'll lend you my eyes - what will you have me see? I'll lend you my heart, what will you have me feel?

Are you in pain, are you leaping for joy? Does your heart ache with every breath or do you long for the next moment as if you can never get enough? I want to know your life, I need your essence - what makes you sing like you do, little bird? What makes you sing-song, sing-song? Do you love someone so fiercely it feels as if your chest will burst? Are they safer than the warmest nest but as lively as the wildest jungle? Can you feel the earth shake beneath your feet when they move? Yes, I can see it on your face. I had a love like that once, and a love like that I'll always have. They live in my chest - my heart they took with them - but they live in my chest, my mind, my paws, my eyes. I see them when I sleep and I feel them when I wake. I hate them for leaving but still I love them so...

... you're staring again, little bird; the old woman rambles madness, you must think. You will understand one day, little bird, and one day you will be me - asking for a song that they can no longer sing from a soul far more alive than herself. So sing, sing, little bird, sing for me now, I need to know you as you now know me. I need to know, I need to know....
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:58 pm

Username: lovage
    Cat Name: spark
    Clan: hollowed guild
    Prompt:
      spark watched as the sun rose. that was the sign she was relieved of her nightly duties and it was time to let the sun chasers watch over the guild for now. spark jumped off the rock she was perched on and moved through the snow surrounding the camp. it was the middle of winter and the nights were going on longer and coming earlier. all spark wanted to do was to reach camp early and get a nice nest. as she entered the camp, cats were just starting to wake up with the sun, and she was ready to go to sleep with it. "spark, how was the night watch," lark said as she came trotting up towards her.

"uneventful as usual. the moon was bright and so were the stars," spark said. "maybe, the stars are happy with how dawn and dusk are doing. i'm glad they are taking to learning to their new duties well."

lark looked hesitant before replying, "yes, but oynx of the stars hasn't said much to them about their duties. dawn and dusk are certainly doing fine, but they still require guidance. there's only so much noon can do to prepare them to be regents, but only oynx of the stars can really train them fully."

"yeah, and they have me to help," spark added. "noon and i are doing the best we can."

"yes," lark replied. "but you chose the path of a stars' protector, even though you are a liege. noon tends to them more anyways."

a pang of pain struck her as lark finished what she said. she rolled her eyes, and continued on. "lark, their training is going well, especically with how young both of them are. but, honestly, lark, no wonder why you got the title of 'protective skies,'" spark chuckled. lark didn't seem amused at all and stared spark down until she stopped laughing. "what? it's a good title, serves you well."

"it sounds like you are mocking my title. please refrain from that in the future," lark said with an edge of a growl in her tone.

"apologies, lark. i will mind my words in the future," spark said, ducking her head. "are there any duties i need to do before i rest up some?"

"no," lark said. "just go rest with the other members of the group, you deserve to rest after such a long night."

"well, enjoy the morning watch then," spark said as she turned towards the stars' knights' den. she parted the dead vines at the front and stepped into the den. only a few other cats were scattered about the den, curled up altogether to keep warm. she glanced at them then settled down in her nest towards the edge of the group. she sighed and wondered why she ever chose this. no cat truly took her seriously, a liege that threw away everything just to watch over the guild as a stars' knight. sure, there was honor, but cats would often wonder why she did it. and, to be frank with herself, she didn't know either. all she knew was that the moment her brother oynx was selected to be the next stars' eyes, all she felt was free. she'll never have the pressure of being perfect weighing upon her back. and, she made choices cats were confused with, like becoming a stars' knight and practically rejecting the notion she'd ever be a stars' eye if it came to it. but, her thoughts dispersed and she fell fast asleep.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me