Kalon #2093 : winner pg. 3!! by khvoxtic

Based on Click to view
Artist khvoxtic [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon #2093 : winner pg. 3!!

Postby khvoxtic » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:17 am

Neon colours, been a lot of dark and soft colour recently, so heres a bright kid for everyone!
      I'm actually working with similar colours for my final uni project and they just itch my brain right.
      I had so much fun last time with seeing how people worked with a single word prompt, so I wanna
      do the same for this kal.

You have 500 words or one art piece or a max 4 panel comic to do with whatever you'd like!
      Your prompt for this kalon is "Connection" !! have fun!

This will end 30th of Nov@ 23:59 CS Time!

Code: Select all
      [b]username + number ::[/b]
      [b]kalon name ::[/b]
      [b]prompt ::[/b]

Edits:
      [s] hair, shine, teeth
      [c] fur, tail
      [uc] ears, pupils
Last edited by khvoxtic on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #2093

Postby kolyakun » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 am

username + number :: kolyakun [154432]
kalon name :: Cricket
prompt ::

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetahss » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:23 am

username + number :: cheetahss 1012721 -- kalon name :: Oli - they/them

prompt :: [500/500]

"Connection stable. I'm in." Oli ran their hands through their hair, cracking their neck. The headset sat firm atop their head.

"Good," said a dominant, feminine voice from the other side. A cruel, breathy, villainous chuckle could be heard from her. "Let's see just how much we can find on this... 'corporation'", there was a venom in the respondents voice, as if she was dragging the word corporation through thick mud.

"You got it, Sugarbun," Oli replied. Fervent typing could be heard from Oli's end.

"I'll leave you to it," Sugarbun replied. A disconnect sound played in Oli's ears. They ignored it.

-------

Hours had passed. Calico Industries had dozens of firewalls, but it was no challenge for Oli. A small, villainous chuckle left Oli's lips as they perused Calico Industries' secrets. What's this? Project B.R.U.T.U.S. Now that was interesting. The logo of the project was familiar. Where had they seen that kalon before?

Oli's eyes narrowed at the logo. The hair of the logo was unmistakable. Brutus. The one who ordered the innocent aide. So he went to Calico Industries instead. The poor, poor fool. Brutus had no idea who he was working with. If anyone was going to stab you in the back, it was Calico.

The line to Sugarbun was answered quickly. Oli started speaking before she even could.

"Project B.R.U.T.U.S." Oli stated plainly. "The logo is as clear as day, that one guy you cut off. Sending over to you now," Oli said, sending copies of the files they had been reading over.

The pull and exhale from Sugarbun's cigarette could be heard from over her end.

"Such a fool." she said plainly, a hint of fake sorrow in her tone.

Oli began, shuffling through more files. Calico had resources from all walks of illegal suppliers, and kept track of who and what they were. Idiots.

"I've found their files regarding how they get their resources," Oli said. "And... hold on..." they said, looking at more files, sending them to Sugarbun as they looked at each one.

One particular file stood out. It was cyphered and secretive. The file was simply called "DC.text". Oli sent it to Sugarbun.

Silence from Sugarbun, then laughter.

"You can crack that cypher can't you?" she asked. You could hear the smile in her voice. "Crack that cypher, and get back to me." Sugarbun said, hanging up.

----

Hours turned to days, to weeks. At the very least, they had figured out the title, and what the file name meant. On the top of the file, in cypher, said "Death Count". Then the rest of the cypher came together. Each line was a name, age, death date and reason they died. They all died at the hands of Calico Industry.

Oli's breath shook as they made the call to Sugarbun, sending the deciphered file along with the call.

Sugarbun stayed silent as she read over the file.

"Send the anonymous tip, Oli"

Oli did what they were told.

--

"Breaking News, Calico Industries arrested..."
Last edited by cheetahss on Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:25 am

username + number :: Sobble | 918599
kalon name :: Lynk

connection. Conjunction? Intersection? Who decides the divide between, where do the lines blur?
In part, they blur with Lynk.

wip // accompanies four pawed friends back to earth to visit their living companions
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:28 am

username + number :: arbourous
      kalon name :: Temmie
        It felt like hours between every ring, a lifetime of bated breath as she waited for her call to be answered. Her phone sat on the counter, set to speakerphone so both her hands were free.

'RING'

The spider in the corner of her window worked tirelessly on a web, not having gotten the memo that it was time to hibernate. The crisp cold of winter air froze any condensation that collected on the thin threads of silk, the frozen drops creating prisms of light that spread rainbows across her kitchen counter. Temmie held out her hand in a futile attempt to catch the colours that collected there. She marveled briefly at how much the spider-web reminded her of the dreamcatchers her grandmother would make back on the reserve.

'RING'

Her coffee mug steamed in front of her, the hot chocolate she'd made that morning warming the sides. The marshmallows she'd added earlier created puffy clouds of sugar, bobbing as she shifted the mug, raising it to her lips. Much like one would do when cloud-gazing, Temmie stared into her mug, trying to see if she could discern any shapes that appeared. She let out a soft breath - the quietest of chuckles - as she thought she spotted the annoyed face of smudge from that one cat meme. She leaned against the counter, placing both her hands on the mug, warming them as she waited.

'RING'

A songbird danced across her lawn, leaving the lightest of bird tracks in the thick snow that layered her back yard. One of the neighbours' cats sat upon the fence, watching the creature with a contented laziness as it lounged in the morning sun. Off in the distance, a deer poked its face out from the brush of the ravine - a young faun who'd been around Temmie's yard for the last few weeks. It brought a smile to Temmie's face to see the creature again, though it quickly fell as she heard that dreaded sound again.

'RING'

This was the shortest ring, and Temmie could feel her heart sink. She stared at the phone, a final silent wish to please, answer the phone. She needed her dad's famous stuffing recipe, dang it! How was she supposed to show up at her work's christmas dinner without it? She let out a sigh as the ringing finally stopped.

'beeeep - connection lost, please call again'
Last edited by justamindset on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby final fantasy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:31 am

username + number ::
kalon name ::
mark
┌─────────── ───────────┐

chase . he him . adult

i like adoptables & writing <3
best friend
└─────────── ───────────┘
final fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 am

username + number :: cyrevan 380227
kalon name :: Ascension
    Everyone who saw what I was doing knew where I was going. The trailing gaze of each person I passed brought on a new emotion; sorrow, hope, guilt, fear, determination, acceptance. The tethers these strangers once held me by had fallen slack. I could not be bound.
    It took a few trains to get there, the connections breaking the monotony of the ride. It was like a breath of dirtied air as I crossed each identical underpass to lead me to the next track, the next train. The first station bustled with people, the second felt somehow more desolate, and at the third, I saw just one man, leaning against a wall and smoking. He glanced at the runes shimmering and twirling around me and gave a brief nod of acknowledgement. I couldn’t read his face.
    Waiting for the last train was agonizing. The damp, thick atmosphere pressed into my fur and made my whole body feel numb. Though the station was protected by a transparent shield, everyone knew it didn’t do much out here. Stay too long and your lungs will fill with poison. I wondered if the smoking man was used to the feeling.
    When the train arrived, it looked just as the others did, but felt somehow different. Nothing here was in pristine condition, and the train was no exception— however, its peeled paint and dusty windows felt more like a disguise for a deep and ancient secret. It took its time coming into the station and slowing to a halt. I waited.
    The doors opened at last and I found myself disappointed by the interior. Nothing special, only the same seats as the other trains and a long corridor between them. A light flickered softly and I sat.
    “Eternity— Final Stop.” An automated voice announced. “No Connections Available.”
    When the doors had closed all the way, I felt a sudden pain. I knew what it meant. The train’s walls had become a barrier between me and mortality. My ties to everything I had ever known, every kind and unholy face, the place that I no longer called my home, they had been severed. And through the window, I could see as the ground fell away beneath me and the train, instead of lurching forward, began its ascent into the stars.
Last edited by cyrevan on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atomic Samurai » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 am

username + number :: Atomic Samurai + 609300
kalon name :: Aspicio
prompt :: marking w/ a fortune-teller theme
ImageImage

Above art of my Plume Linden by bright star

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Atomic Samurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:55 am

username + number :: 22tabby || 346744
kalon name :: Strata
Strata stared at the computer screen. Kalmegle, a website to talk to strangers with like interests. Strata had been pining for a friend who knew nothing about him. Someone who couldn’t judge him before they even knew him. He had been talking to someone for over an hour, he had finally made a friend.
“Hey, so tell me about what characters you main in World of Kalon-craft!”
“Bet!” Strata had begun typing his response to this stranger. He was supposedly an avid gamer, had a communications degree, and just liked to hang out at home. Strata was happy to meet someone he could really “click” with. He started writing out a list of all of his past and current mains.
Then his Wi-Fi blinked. He was disconnected, and he never got the chance to ask them for any other contact.
“No! No, I have to find them!”
A storm brewing overhead made his Wi-Fi connection horribly unstable- like his mental state as he connected and disconnected from several strangers just looking for the same username to pop up. He tried over and over, but there was a chance that the other kalon had simply gone offline.
He tried using different keywords to find him again- Kalon-craft, relaxing, communications, flight…
After another half hour, feeling defeated, Strata finally saw the username. Cloud9Flight.
Strata sent one message- his phone number- in hopes that they would recognize his username too. It only took a minute until his Wi-Fi connection went out again.
He held his breath.
Then finally- ding!
“Cloud9Flight here. Is this StratusNimbus?”
Strata’s feet went tippy-tap in excitement. “Yes! I’m so sorry my Wi-Fi went out earlier, there’s a huge storm overhead.”
“It’s okay. Glad I was able to reconnect! You seemed cool, it was fun to chat.”
Strata only nodded in response at his phone.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:40 pm

username + number :: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
kalon name :: Cypher
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me