Range Trotter #2657 by ♥ soft

Based on Click to view
Artist ♥ soft [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #2657

Postby ♥ soft » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Tell me a little bit about this trotter; one quirk, one fear, one personality trait
Quality over quantity, it can be as simple as you like c:
You can use this if you need help!

End Date: Friday, 30 September 2022 AEST

Username: Idem
Show Name: RMS Mint Tea
Barn Name: Minty

Height: 13.3hh
Eye Color: Sprite
Phenotype: Faded Smoky Black
Genotype: Ee aa Crcr
Last edited by ♥ soft on Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x

henlo, i'm soft c:
    she/her • chronically ill • adult
    i love colouring ponies ♥

character storage
♥ soft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #2657

Postby Idem » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:06 am

Username: Idem
Halter Color: Mint green!
Prompt:
    Quirk: Minty is absolutely obsessed with peppermint candies, and will do almost anything if mint candies are involved. Much of her training involved these little mint candies, and anyone who rides her knows the best way to get her to do what you'd like is to give her a mint candy.
    Fear: Minty is absolutely terrified of being alone. If she can't see another horse nearby, or even a person, she will begin to pace in her stall, making the saddest noises you've ever heard. Something the stable hands figured out was that a mirror helps to some extent, so she can often be seen glancing at a mirror if nobody else is nearby.
    Personality trait: Minty is one of the silliest trotters you'll ever meet. Not only is she obsessed with peppermint candies, but she is obsessed with blow up balls and would play for hours with her toys if she didn't stomp on them and bite them so hard! So, for her personality trait, she is very playful!

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Username: Dothraki
Show Name: BKD's King
Barn Name: Khal
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
    Quirk: Khal loves to nibble on everything and everyone. It's the first thing he'll do if he meets you - gently nibble on you! Thankfully he's always very, very gentle.
    Fear: Khal is afraid of horses smaller than he is. Foals and ponies? His worst nightmare. Maybe it's best he isn't a dad.
    Personality trait: Khal is very proud, you can see it in the way he moves and carries himself.

-
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🍭

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Username: ZeroToInfinity
Show Name: BMR's Mountain of Morning Leaves
Barn Name: Dewy/Dew
Height: 14.5hh
Halter Color: Seafoam Blue
Prompt:
    Quirk: Dewy will drink anything with a citrus flavor but his favorite is Sprite or Mountain Dew, which he was named after!
    Fear: Drowning. Very simply put, he is just horrified of all the air being sucked out of him to the point were he won't go near the pond in the grazing field.
    Personality trait: He is very ambitious and will do just about anything to do well in competitions.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeidenKaczka » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:20 pm

Username: SeidenKaczka
Show Name: SKJ Even The Stars Fall For You
Barn Name: Fallen
Height: 14.4hh
Halter Color: eye colour
Prompt:
    Quirk: he is very ticklish. Brush him, saddle him or just pet him, and he'll quiver around.
    Fear: birds flapping away. Especially the black ones. Scaryyy.
    Personality trait: he is really soft and gentle, and will try to befriend anyone and everyone (except for birds, of course)

ImagexImagexxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seiden ♦ French ♦ Adult
Wanting to buy art and characters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FBdAIgTH

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxImage
SeidenKaczka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vada vada » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm

Username: werewolves.
Show Name: Seize The Power
Barn Name: Hero
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: eyecolor
Prompt:
    Quirk: He LOVES stealing peoples hats and chewing on them. He has a huge collection of stolen hats stashed away somewhere.
    Fear: Absolutely terrified of plastic bags! it doesnt matter how small, or far away the bag is. If he sees or hear something remotely similar to one, he books it.
    Personality trait: He's very dominant and can be a bit of a bully to the 'weaker' horses. He's the absolute sweetest when it comes to people though, and is a great horse for children!

we are not always what we seem,
and hardly ever what we dream.

he/him | intp | storage
vada vada

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ soft » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:54 am

Idem wrote:Username: Idem
Halter Color: Mint green!
Prompt:
    Quirk: Minty is absolutely obsessed with peppermint candies, and will do almost anything if mint candies are involved. Much of her training involved these little mint candies, and anyone who rides her knows the best way to get her to do what you'd like is to give her a mint candy.
    Fear: Minty is absolutely terrified of being alone. If she can't see another horse nearby, or even a person, she will begin to pace in her stall, making the saddest noises you've ever heard. Something the stable hands figured out was that a mirror helps to some extent, so she can often be seen glancing at a mirror if nobody else is nearby.
    Personality trait: Minty is one of the silliest trotters you'll ever meet. Not only is she obsessed with peppermint candies, but she is obsessed with blow up balls and would play for hours with her toys if she didn't stomp on them and bite them so hard! So, for her personality trait, she is very playful!

congrats idem ♥♥
    i love this character, what a cutie c':

HMs to werewolves, i also loved your character idea!
    thanks everyone for entering c:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x

henlo, i'm soft c:
    she/her • chronically ill • adult
    i love colouring ponies ♥

character storage
♥ soft

My pets
My items