Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

goobies | first mate

Postby vympyre » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:22 pm

main goobies thread + gooish thread

DIAB MERGOO
g1 | fur, hair, pupil shape
g2 | ears
t1 | custom horn, custom tail, claws, teeth
t2 | minor genetic splicing (shark of some sort)
nonrarity | accessories/piercings, tattoos, scars

🦈🦈🦈

WON BY SOLOS !

This mergoo is an npc from the Sea Shanties booth!
They are the first mate of the ship Benji and his companions now travel on.

To adopt them, answer the following prompt:

This pirate mergoo looks as though theyve been through a lot in their life.
What is the one moment that changed their life forever?

Write at least 200 words using the above prompt. Any/all extras are allowed! There is no maximum word/art limit.
This competition will end after the event concludes, on August 26th at MIDNIGHT 12:00AM EST.

Code: Select all
username:
goob name:
goob pronouns:
prompt:
Last edited by vympyre on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the spectre system - adult - all pronouns
admin for goobies - toyhouse - my hubby

currently on hiatus!
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies | first mate

Postby Fishkin » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:26 pm

username: fishkin
goob name: Sir Marcus Ricorio
goob pronouns: He,him
prompt: WIP!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image||Fishy||Artist|| Adult||Sig anim by me||Image
Credit
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fishkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solos » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:27 pm

username: solos
goob name: merlin ang[ler]
goob pronouns: he/it
prompt:
;THE TALES OF ANG;
Are you ready for the tales of the one who fought back?
If so, let's dive right in~

[1,568 words , 8,498 characters]
Last edited by solos on Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:29 pm

username:
Caeleesi

goob name:
Kuril

goob pronouns:
He/Him

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcredit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Is that... a squid?"
Kuril squinted at the dark shadow beneath the surface of the glistening water, the sun bouncing off it and straight into his eyes, making it difficult to see. He could very vaguely make out what looked like tentacles - but that could also be a pod of dolphins or whales for all he could see... which, again, wasn't very much. With a sigh he pushed himself back off the ship railing, turning back inwards and walking towards the ship's helm, his eyes darting towards each of the crew to make sure they were doing their jobs.As the first mate, such was his job to assign others jobs and keep an eye on them. Reaching the helm Kuril nodded his head towards his captain respectfully.
"Dark shadow underneath us, Cap'n. Might not be much to worry about, probably just a pod of whales"
His captain raised an eyebrow and looked out to the sea, mentally noting that the sky had become considerably darker and that there was a... swarm of seagulls out on the water. Oh no.
"That's no pod of whales, first mate. Take a look at that water - seagulls hovering over it waiting for lunch. That's never a good sign out here in the deep. Go prepare for - "
The captain was cut off as the ship bumped into something huge - or rather, it bumped into them. Kuril grabbed hold of the rail as the ship rocked violently. For a moment, not a bird squawked. The ocean seemed to settle and all fell silent onboard. Just as the last ripple on the water's surface stilled, something struck.

Now, something to know about Kuril - He was a pretty passive guy! The only reason he was on this ship was to provide food to those who needed it back home. He was well known for 'diving in the deep end' for other people. In return, he would commonly get a little button or some family or handmade item that he would keep. His treasure chest was full of them! So when I tell you that he had never fought for his life or attacked another creature, what happens next will surprise you.

A huge tentacle struck forth from the darkened waters, quickly identifying and wrapping around the main mast of the ship, the wood groaning in protest before snapping as if it were a twig. Shards of wood flew everywhere, covering the deck. The beast raised another tentacle, slamming it down on the ship - and letting out a shriek of agony. Some of the splintered wood had become stuck upright in the deck, and to their luck, the beast had slammed its slimy appendage right down on it. Kuril's heart was thumping loudly in his chest, the vibration echoing in his ears as he started running towards the destroyed mast, picking up a large harpoon on his way. The water by the side of the boat started bubbling and up from underneath it came a huge head with piercing eyes, locking on Kuril as he ran. Kuril was terrified. He had never before faced... well, anything, but he wasn't about to let his crew - his family, go down without a fight.

"For the ship! For the crew!" He yelled around the harpoon in his mouth, launching himself onto the beast's tentacle and then throwing his body weight directly towards its head, aiming the harpoon true and plunging it deep into the creature's eye.
He fell into the water with a small splash then, and the tentacled beast shrieked and writhed in pain, withdrawing its tentacles from the ship and thrashing in the water, barely missing Kuril. It sunk beneath the surface then and fleed, a blank cloud of ink colouring the water. Kuril spluttered in the water, slowly swimming back to the ship and climbing back into it, water and ink mixing on the deck as it dripped from his coat. The crew gazed in awe, then burst out cheering, chanting his name, over and over.
"Kuril! Kuril! Kuril!"

From that day on, Kuril was known as "Kuril the Defender", having saved the lives of all his crew mates on that day.
His skull tattoo is for his unwillingness to die, and his close brush with death.
His tentacle tattoo is a reminder of what lurks in the depths. Next time, he would be prepared for it.
[729 words]

[Kuril's Adventures]
After his encounter with the tentacled beast, Kuril decided that it would be better to write down everything that happened, for he never knew what day would be his last, and if he had a child in the time that he was writing, at least this could be passed onto them... So one day on his trip back to his hometown, he strolled into a quaint little store and spent a small amount of money on a small personal journal for himself, as well as a couple pencils and a sharpener. He then took that book, found a grassy hill with a tree to sit under, and began writing his story - the story of how he and his crew has survived the beast known as the "Kraken". It was dramatic and pulled you into it, and that's where Kuril found his passion for writing and sketching. His sketches were small and messy but... cute, in a way. After writing about his run in death, Kuril began keeping notes and writing in this journal whenever something even moderately interesting happened - whether it be the time a bird nested in his fur, or the time he came face to face with the biggest shark he had ever seen. Everything was noted down, sketched, and (hopefully!) enjoyed when it came time to pass the journal on.

[Kuril's Personality]
Although Kuril initially comes off as tough and like he'd win in a bar fight, he's actually... not, at all. Sure he's willing to protect and fight when needed, and he's got his fair share of intimidating scars, he's actually very much a passive goobie.
He loves to mess around and laze about, and he'll go around helping people out whenever he can.
He's a (secret) bookworm who would spend hours staying up just to finish the best part of the book, and eagerly look forward to the ending. Only his local librarian knows his secret - but he's read about half of her library already!
Last edited by Caeleesi on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeleyes. » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:39 pm

username: fevur
    goob name: caspian
    goob pronouns: he/him
    prompt:

caspian always had a passion for slaying monsters. ever since he was a wee lad, it had always been his dream. they killed his family. took his happiness. caspian would make them pay..
    and so he set out to kill the ferocious kraken. known across all seven seas, slayer of creatures, terror of the deep. sure, cas was scared, but he felt as if it were his duty. of course, it had taken him years to find the beasts cove. 16 long years. he had endured countless hardships and tragedies, but finally found it. caspians paws hit the sandy beach, waves lapping around his ankles. at long last, he could slay this might beast and take his revenge. caspian stiffened as the beast came from its smelly cave. It wreaked of fish and saltwater. nothing cas wasn’t used to, but it still bothered him. all of a sudden, caspian met the monsters eyes, and he felt a burst of rage. this thing, this horrible malicious creature. It had taken the lives of his family and many others who where innocent. leaping at the beast caspian snarled in anger. a storm had brewed apon the coast, and lighting flashed. the beach began to flood. the silhouettes of the two went under the water soon, sometimes rising to the top for a moment. after a long night of fighting, a shape rose from the water for a last time. it was the kraken. it gave a screech of anger as caspian slashed its throat. The creature sunk beneath the waves, never to rise again. caspian got a tattoo of the tentacle of the kraken to remember the long gruesome battle. he wears it with pride, knowing his family would be proud.

[ 289 words. ]
Last edited by angeleyes. on Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    evan / she.her
    cartoon enjoyer
angeleyes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:39 pm

username: nio
    goob name: Gale Silvertongue
    prompt: 550 words

"As a pirate, you see some stuff, face some dangers, and come inches close to death." Gale cleared his throat. "Which is, like, cool and all, of course."

The goob scratched his stubble. "Well, I guess I should answer your question, hey..."

The interviewer peaked above their clipboard and nodded silently, but enthusiastically. "Please, go ahead."

"I've had some super lifechanging things happen. Like the time I first met my crew, the time we took down our first kraken, and the time our ship's hull got this massive hole in it in the middle of a storm."

A pause, silence. Then pen scratching paper.

"But uh, as nerve-wracking as all those things were, they don't even come close to the scariest moment in my life. Which also happens to be the most life-changing moment." Gale chuckled awkward. "But don't get me wrong! It wasn't like, bad or anything. Just... important."

The interviewer's eyes burned, aching for the answer to come out already. Their readers were going to love this story, oh yes, they knew that. But what could it be...? What could beat the aforementioned tales?

"Er, the time I came out."

Gale scratched the back of his neck. He always got so itchy when he was nervous.

"Look at me, getting nervous about it all over again! But yeah, the time I came out to my crew. That was probably the most terrifying, exhilarating, and life-changing moment I ever experienced. Kinda lame, for a pirate as cool as me --" He winked, "but it's the Gob-honest truth!"

Gale expected furious pen-scribbling as he paused, but there was only silence. He gulped.

"Anyway, my beard had started growing in, so I knew I couldn't hide it any longer. After a big dinner I called together my crew, and told them I had something important to say. At first, heh, old Redtalon thought I was dying! And Storm-eater thought I was getting married. All I had to say was three short words: 'I'm a dude'."

"Now, I love my crew, and I would trust them with my life, so I knew deep down that there would be no problems. That they were going to love me as they always had. But there's always that fear, y'know? The aching, nagging feeling of terror that rips at your fur. I thought I was going to puke!"

Pen met paper briefly, but the interviewer seemed too enthralled in Gale's words to take any proper notes.

"Before I knew it, I was being sent flying across the deck! Storm-eater had me in their clutches, swinging me around in a great hug. I started crying -- don't write that down! -- so overwhelmed with love for my crew, my family, and happiness. I could finally be myself, finally let my voice drop, finally grow out my beard. Without fear. Knowing how loved I am."

Gale wiped a single tear from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry, getting a bit emotional. It was... the most freeing moment. My life could only go up from there."

The interviewer sniffled.

"Thanks for letting me talk about this! It's an important part of me and my life, and I'm glad I can share it to... my, uh, fans?"

The two shook hands, and Gale departed, a fresh and glowing smile across his face.
Last edited by nio on Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Not entering, just thought I'd say I like the little goob piercing XD
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Note to self: °
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby !karkat » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:15 pm

username:
goob name:
goob pronouns:
prompt:

mrrk,,
!karkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby castiiian » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 pm

username: castiiian
      goob name: kryb

---
      you were my greatest adventure.

see, i’d never been one for mergoos. never been my kind of folk— only say that cause i know them kind. they’re all rough around the edges. violent folk that’ll do anything they can to get one step ahead. kinda folk that’ll cross your name off the list before seeing you’re still swimming and kicking.

i hate being here. this part of town smells like the patrons— rotten fish. always come here anyhow. best place to get a quiet drink, and never have no one ask ya whatcha charge for one pound of fish.

but tonight, tonight i caught his eye, leaning across the bar with one hell of a lopsided smile. thought, if it was anymore crooked, it’d slip right off his face. and then he caught sight of me, and i buried my face in the drink.

i know trouble when i see it.

and i know how to avoid it— a mouth of drink and my eyes back on the wall. anyone in their right mind would have caught the hint.

except him. he wasn’t in his right mind, apparently— if talking to bad news goos didn’t make that obvious enough. he sauntered over, that kind of walk one did when they’d spent their life at sea— or had one too many spirits. couldn’t tell which yet.

“have my eyes ever laid upon a more handsome goob? why, i’ve half a mind—“

i decided it was a too many drinks sort of walk as he spewed poetry, or something that sounded like it.

“you’ve no mind, if you’ve come talk to me.”

he smiled again. i noticed that the ends of his pointy teeth caught his lip when he smiled. wasn't sure why i noticed that.

"rude. guess that's expected of a sailor such as yourself. say, how much would it be for a pound?"

there's the question i was expecting. how much i charged for fish hunting- it's all anyone who lived down here cared for. the next big catch. at least he had the sense to loosen up with some chatter first.

"i'm not taking orders. i'm done hunting."

"sure you are! big shark like yourself- you're never really out of the game, are ya? i've got a lead, bigger than you've ever caught whiff of! one tail of this leviathan, you'll be able to buy all the bad drinks you're so fond of..."

he went on and on, and i chugged my drink. was a shame he wouldn't let me wallow in peace. seems the only way i could shut him up was by taking his hook.

he beamed like the sun off waves- all pleased that he seemed to catch me.

"this'll be the biggest adventure of your life!"

🐟

and by most means, it was.

but it was nothing compared to what came next.

our days of adventure eventually led to us falling hopelessly in love- and soon came our beloved daughter.

and when my matey got lost, she was all i had left.

when she smiled all crooked, i saw him again.

and i couldn't bare to lose what i had left of him.

she might have been born in these wretched waters, but at least, she's safe at home.

and at home i swear on my gills- i'll keep her...

---

tldr

she was born.
      my perfect pearl,
      daughter of the ocean i never intended her for;
      but i took my mission anyhow-
      i'd never let anything happen to her.
Last edited by castiiian on Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:23 pm

marking!
Last edited by bakuraas. on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups