Cacophies - Species Guide by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 16 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cacophies - Species Guide

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2022 11:34 pm

Quick (?) guide on how the Cacophi species works.

Line edits

Postby Guest » Sun May 29, 2022 1:53 am

This guide is to make sure all Cacophies are of high quality, as guidelines. Most rules are not too harsh though, and you should always ask if you have any questions.

Wings:

There are pre-made wings in the line pack simply because I ordered it, but you should not feel bound to only use those.
Pre-made
Other example

Horns:

Horns are fun! We all like horns! Horns are pretty common on Cacophies and don’t be afraid to get creative!
ImageImage

Here’s 2 examples on horns, to highlight the fact that there are very few restrictions on what you can do with that. It doesn’t even have to correlate to the inspiration.

Expressions:

Expressions do no difference to the Cacophi and should merely be used as a way to show their personality.

Simple expression example

Fangs:

Fangs are a bit similar to horns, in the sense that you are free to do whatever you want.

ImageImage
Two examples of fangs, one sabertoothed and one set of regular small fangs

Tails:

Tails are a good way to express uniqueness. You’re free to edit the tail to your heart’s content, and I’m not planning to set any strict rules for tails. It’s not necessary for the tail to be related to the inspiration, but it’s highly encouraged
A Cacophi with a lion-like tail

Hair:

Hair is a bit difficult and has certain restrictions.
ImageImage
The base guideline is that hair may not be straight down like human hair. It’s allowed to add tuft-like hair and all the way to hair like the correct example, but no further. You may add manes, but it should not be straight either.

This rule can be avoided with a special permission, so if you specifically need it, don’t hesitate to ask.

Accessories:

Any form of accessories may be give to a Cacophi, from a little locket:
… or something big, like an entire backpack.

Coloring:

Coloring could be difficult to get a grip on, but I’ve tried to boil it down to the biggest mistake people make.
ImageImage
These above are based on a Bluejay and a Dove respectively, and they are incorrect. If you do not see the mistake, I’ll give you some other examples.
ImageImage
These would be more correct versions of the two. Keep in mind, what they are based on is simply inspiration, and should not be completely copied.