Range Trotter #1205 by strangetales

Based on Click to view
Artist strangetales [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #1205

Postby strangetales » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:57 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: -
    Barn Name: Ornáid

Height: 13.3hh
    Eye Color: riot
    Phenotype: silver classic champagne dun roan irish tobiano
    Genotype: Ee aa ChCh ZZ Dd Rnrn Itoito

- will always pass champagne (Ch) & silver (Z)
Last edited by strangetales on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #1205

Postby HowlingHooves » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:42 pm

Show Name:
    Barn Name: Ornáid
    Halter: Eye color, please!
    Prompt: With no known show name, and any papers to this fellow lost between the exchanging of many, many hands, Ornáid is comfortable with he, himself and no one. A rescue brought to Adelaron for rehabilitation, staff quickly learned he was finicky, stand-offish and liable to bite with very little warning. Never one to turn away a hard case, though, Serris made him feel as at home as she could in her herd, knowing he’d likely never become a horse to ride or walk about with; he and the other grumpy old men have their own paddock, large, in the back and away from the business of the stables. Even so, he’s the one you’d spot away from the other four, munching away on some grass and uninterested in any attention.

name meaning ; ornery, Irish
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:50 am

Username: werepickle
Show Name: Look At Me
Barn Name: Karen
Halter: pink
Prompt:
Karen only likes company if she is the center of the spotlight. She always joins in and tends to make things about herself, so the other horses tend to leave her. Karen spends most of her days by herself and will cause a ruckus if this aren't done properly. Many have tried to befriend Karen but eventually leave as she is too bossy.
Last edited by werepickle on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Owlmoon- » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:49 pm

Username: -OwlMoon-
Show Name: Effortless Grace
Barn Name: Grace
Halter: Eye color
Prompt: They love company! Sharing stories with her mates makes her feel appreciated, and being alone makes her nervous and jumpy.
-Owlmoon-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:13 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: The Sole Spirit
Barn Name: Genesis
Halter: Eye color
Prompt: Genesis LOVES company, but company doesn’t like him. He tries so hard to make friends, the poor guy, but every attempt he makes gets turned down every time. He is unsure if they are afraid of him or just don’t like him.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bronc » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Username: .bay
    Show Name: blind faith
    Barn Name: sovereign
    Halter: eye color
    Prompt: from the time sovereign first hit the ground, the colt was to be destined for nothing but greatness. the result of strict selective breeding to only pass on the most favorable of traits from both his sire and dam and intended to be a top-level eventing horse, sovereign's first years were marked by solitude, the young colt knowing only of his groom and his trainer. it wouldn't take long for the stallion to live up to his pedigree and the high hopes hanging over his head; at his maiden show, he exceeded the expectations of all those around him, no one expecting such a spectacular performance from such a young, green colt. for the next several years, it was show to show, the vast majority of his time spent in a makeshift stall or on the road, his only friends the passing mile markers and the soothing rumble of the road. however, this would all come to an end. an injury at a top show would ultimately lay any future hopes for the stallion to rest, leave him only suitable for light riding, his show career finished. from then on the stallion was passed from hand to hand, stall to stall, never settling down in one place for too long. most recently, sovereign was taken in by briar wood farm with the intention of letting the stallion live out his days in the sprawling pastures, to let him just be a horse, a luxury he was never given before. while aloof and distant at first, it didn't take long for the stallion's ice-cold demeanor to thaw, and now, he loves the company of others more than anything, spending his days with his pasture buddies and his nights cooped up in his cozy stall, able to see and interact with his stall neighbors.
bronc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:42 pm

HowlingHooves wrote:
      Show Name: