Re: storkie #158 // adoptable!

Postby NaCl » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:32 am

colony link: Elemental Guardians
prompt:

Cypress snuck past the posted guards, climbing up the bitter cold stone leading to where the Elemental Crystal of Ice hung suspended in the seemingly endless cave. Their eyes narrowed as their claws scraped along the stone, sending pebbles tumbling behind them.
There they now stood in front of what gave creatures the gift of Ice magic, the crystal they were born to protect. They grit their teeth and turned to look behind them, as soon as they put the rest of their plan in motion guards would be rushing them. Cypress took a deep inhale before leaping forward at the crystal, their claws unsheathed as they dug their claws into the cold surface. Cracks sprung out from where their claws impacted the crystal, splintering out like broken glass. A wave of cold rushed over them as they were thrown back, tumbling against the cold stone and hoisting themselves up. parts of the crystal flecked off and were sent tumbling into the abyss below, yet they couldn't keep their eyes open for long. Cypress doubled over and put their paws over their eyes, yowling in pain like something was burning them. Behind them the sounds of paws hitting stone grew louder as guards pulled Cypress away from the scene of their crime, their body limp as they had passed out from the pain.

"You're finally awake" a soft, smooth voice alerted Cypress to the presence of another being, a mostly white Storkatten with freckling of black across their body, their eyes so pale they almost looked white, Air District.
"Why is the air district dealing with me, I'm of the Ice District" Cypress snapped, narrowing their eyes. the other Storkatten simply shook their head and sat in front of them.
"I was the only high ranking officer available to deal with the severity of your crime, Cypress" they tilted their head to the side, narrowing their eyes.
"Seems that your punishment as already taken effect. The Spirits do not take kindly to treason" they mused, lips curling into a smile as they leaned back. Cypress shook their head, pushing some fur away from their eyes with a paw.
"What- What do you mean?" Cypress' voice softened, confusing creeping into their speech.
"When a Storkatten betrays their district and damages the crystal they swore to protect, The Spirits punish them accordingly. You, Cypress, have lost your ability to willingly access your magic. I guess it's easier to show you" the last part was muttered as the pale Strokatten reached down and grabbed a mirror, sliding it in front of Cypress. When they looked down, they inhaled sharply, before the sclera of their eyes had been white, but now they were almost black.
"The Spirits have marked you a traitor, and have thus cut off your connection to the crystal, but due to your age and advancement in your magical training, you still possess traces of your Ice magic within you, but you cannot willingly access it" they simply shrugged, and Cypress felt a growl rumbling in their chest.
"Who even are you!?" they snapped, pushing the mirror off the table, but before it hit the floor a gust of wind pushed it back into the white Storkattens waiting paw.
"I am Junior Councilor Boreas" they smiled, and Cypress' eyes went wide. The Junior Councilor of Air, he was the one dealing with his case!?
"So kind of you to finally ask" Boreas chuckled and set the mirror aside. Cypress' surprise quickly melted into anger as they glared at Boreas, who seemed so carefree and smug in the presence of a criminal.
"Now, enough with the casual talks, I must carry out my interrogation" Boreas hummed and leaned forward again, narrowing his eyes at Cypress.
"What compelled you to attack the Ice Crystal. You've caused widespread damage among lesser beings, their magic is out of control while we attempt to repair the crystal, and all Ice Guardians have been advised not to use their magic in fear of catastrophic side effects" Boreas sneered, showing the first sign of distain towards Cypress, and they had to admit, hearing they caused so much damage and trouble, made them smile.
"I was not supposed to be this way" Cypress leaned back, their tail sweeping behind them as they narrowed their eyes, Boreas simply giving them a nod, compelling them to continue.
"I don't know how it happened, but both my parents are of the Nature District, Plant and Faunal. I, of course, was born with Ice magic, and was immediately looked down upon in my family, shunned and thrown into the Ice District with little care! The Shamans regarded it as a gift, as the Ice District had seen a decline in new Ice Guardians. They even wanted me to be the next Junior Councilor!" Cypress snarled the last part, baring their teeth as they leaned closer to Boreas, who simply tilted his head to the side, not saying a single word. That irritated Cypress.
"I never wanted this, I never asked for this. I just wanted to live with my family in the Nature District, but they denied me access to my home, my family. They were molding me into something I didn't want to be. I don't want to be a councilor, I just want to be a normal Storkatten!" Cypress bit back tears as they spilled their insecurities to Boreas, who seemed to soften his gaze as he sighed.
"This is not out of formality, but genuinely I wish you had not been removed from your family, and I cannot begin to understand how you did not end up bearing Plant or Faunal magic" Boreas' tail twitched "But what I can tell you, is that you will not be a normal Storkatten after this, you can't simply be let back into the general public, you are a danger to the natural order, and everything we strive to protect and uphold. I will let the Council deal with you" Boreas rose to his paws and Cypress was overwhelmed with fear.
"You can't leave me to the Council! Who knows what they'll do to me! Send me away somewhere, just get me out of here!" they pleaded, and Boreas stopped, turning to look back at Cypress with pure sympathy.
"I... will see what I can do" he muttered as he turned and left the room, leaving Cypress alone once again.
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:09 pm

colony link:
      prompt:

hehe wip
      mark
      ice cat
Last edited by rem sleep on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:35 pm

colony link: here!
    prompt:
      Born to an ordinary family in Evermereclan, the young Lilybell showed a natural gift of ice magic, a powerful ability that her family found intimidating. Lilybell was thus sent away from Evermereclan at a very young age by her parents to a magical academy run by the infamous Rowanstar. Although their intension was to teach her to control her powers, Lilybell was more interested in letting go, rather than reining them in. Separated from her family and being put into a new environment, she spent much of her time at the magic academy snap-freezing things, trapped others in icicle prisons and overall causing lots of trouble. Though it is well documented that kits tend to be mischievous, Lilybell was in a league of her own. She delighted in causing trouble and relished the ensuing chaos her pranks always promised to deliver. There was nothing that gave her more joy than watching the distinguished faculty of the magic academy rushing from one corner of the great hall to another, trying to get rid of whatever sharp icicles she had made. Seeing the damage she was capable of causing, fellow cats started to keep their distance.

The only one willing to get close was Rowanstar, the leader of the magic academy. He was known for strict laws and tough-love approach to teaching, but Lilybell was not afraid of him. One wrong step by him and he'd end up like the rest of her peers. Rowanstar gave Lilybell endless warnings. Why? Because he saw immense potential in the young ice-bearing cat. He wanted to teach her that powers do not have to be kept inside, but they do have to be used for good. But eventually her recklessness succumbed Rowanstars limit, and she was expelled. After being expelled, Lilybell didn't return home. She wandered from place to place in search of a new home that better suited her. It came as a sudden realisation, but she became over sitting alone outside with the little castles and forts she'd carefully construct with her magic.

Lilybell started to understand why she was never accepted... why she was always alone. Her magic. It was doing more harm than good, and not only physically. It took a took on her mentality too, and she decided to shut it off completely from anyone. Using her magic only reminds her of pain and destruction, which is why she is no longer fond of it.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 am

NaCl wrote:
colony link: Elemental Guardians
prompt: [snip]

winner!! i loved your writing and the art attached :0
    please post a tracking form as soon as possible!

Postby NaCl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 am

Username; NaCl
Storkie Name; Cypress
Nicknames;
Coat Description: periwinkle-based bimetallic marbled tabby
Born Magic Type; Ice
Additional Magic #1 leave blank
Additional Magic #2 #2; leave blank

Traits:
    [NR] expression, eye shape, whiskers
    [LIM] longer fur, dark sclera, unnatural fur color

Parents:
Founder | Founder

Children:
OOC 01/25/22 wrote:Karvana
-- Juniper
-- Tuarana

IC 01/27/22 wrote: Boreas
-- Nieva
Last edited by NaCl on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:56 am

Big congrats! <3
fruitbat