Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Senegal Zebra: 413

Postby Penultima » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:07 am

πš‚πšŽπš—πšŽπšπšŠπš• πš‰πšŽπš‹πš›πšŠ π™°πšπš˜πš™πšπšœ

"This Zebra is breedable on October 2nd"

It's been a while since I've done a full-zebra patterned Senegal Zebra! <3
To try out for this sweet boy, give him a fitting name, and give me a book recommendation! No genre specifics, it can be literally any book that you'd recommend to a friend. Also give 1-2 sentences explaining why you'd recommend that book. The winner will be chosen based partially off that, but also partially off of the name you give him! (bonus credit if you name him after something or someone from the book rec.)

Ends on September 24th.

username: Mister Hollow
      harem page: Camp Nightwing
      zebra name: Whalestoe Letters | Whalestoe
      phenotype: Cremello with maximum striping
      genotype: EE/aa/CrCr
      height: 13.3hh
      sex: Stallion

lineage
      ------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
      ----------------- SS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
      Sire: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
      ----------------- SD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
      ----------------- DS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
      Dam: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
      ----------------- DD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Penultima on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Senegal Zebra: 413

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:14 am

username: Glowingsaltshaker
harem page: HRR
zebra name: HRR's || Keeping Secrets | Simon
book recommendation: One of Us is Lying
why would you recommend this book?: This book is one of my all time favorites. It's a murder mystery, and it's super intense through the whole thing.
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby β–ΊAthenaβ—„ » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 am

username: β–ΊAthenaβ—„
harem page: Olympia Senegal
zebra name: Apollo (Inspired by my book recommendations, Apollo is the Greek god associated with ravens)
book recommendation: The Raven Cycle series or The Scorpio Races, both by Maggie Stiefvater
why would you recommend this book?: The Raven Cycle is a fantasy series inspired by Welsh and Celtic mythology. The Scorpio Races is another fantasy book inspired by Celtic mythology, specifically about water horses.
β–ΊAthenaβ—„

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:02 am

username: Mister Hollow
harem page: Camp Nightwing
zebra name: Whalestoe Letters | Whalestoe
name explanation: Whalestoe Letters is the name of the companion piece to the book I'm about to center on, so I thought having the Zebra name be a companion to it would good
book recommendation: House Of Leaves
why would you recommend this book?: House Of Leaves is the book that's closest to my heart, in many ways. The plot is about a house that's somehow a lot bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, and the page formatting really makes this book stand apart from anything else. It includes a lot of footnotes, many of which include footnotes of the footnotes, and some pages contain only a few words or lines of text, arranged in strange ways to mirror the events in the story, often creating both an agoraphobic and a claustrophobic effect. Sometimes, you even have to rotate the book in order for it to be legible, or hold it up to a mirror to read it in reverse. I would describe the book as hauntingly and morbidly beautiful, and though some consider it a horror story, it's actually a love story.

(Sorry I went over the 1-2 sentence limit, I really tried for hours to summarize this book in a better and shorter way and it's so complex that I simply could not!)

π™·πšŠπš—πš—πš’πš‹πšŠπš•
πŸ’š
πŸ’œ πŸ’› ❀️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:26 pm

username: Pandapop
harem page: Here
zebra name: Saturn
book recommendation: Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey (part of a series, first book)
why would you recommend this book?:

I actually haven't read it myself as I'm not much of a reader (at all), but the bf is!
I tried to ask him why he'd recommend this book and all he could come up with was "because it's awesome?"

So here's an article on why it's recommended:
Link

I chose the name Saturn as, "the book follows James Holden, the executive officer on an ice hauler working the rings of Saturn."
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:03 pm

username: Queen Vivane
harem page: The Wilds
zebra name: Connor
book recommendation: Rosemary and Rue
why would you recommend this book?: If you like a mix of magic and modern in a way that's not similar to Harry Potter, then you'll probably like this! I had no idea what I was getting into when I was recommended this book but I loved every second I spent listening to the audio book!
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 am

username: strawberrymwilk
harem page: lavender lace stables
zebra name: Zelle (the main character's teacher! is a female in the book but i thought the name was unisex enough and feels it fits this dude)
book recommendation: Girls of paper and fire by Natasha Ngan
why would you recommend this book?:
When it comes to book recommendations they are always lacking in good wlw books. This takes place in a fantasy world Asian inspired world, and at points deals with adult topics. Even now often female characters are lacking in the writing department compared to their male counterparts and this book does a great job of not letting that happen.
here is a great review on the book which really goes into detail!
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:54 am

username: Electric~Lime~Zebra
harem page: Brand new thread/harem
zebra name: Cameron [Cam] (main character name)
book recommendation: Going Bovine by Libba Bray
why would you recommend this book?: To this day, this is one of my favorite books. The main character is in high school and comes down with a case of mad cow disease. With the help of a punk loving pink angel and a gnome, Cam sets out on adventure across America that questions life, purpose, and death. Despite the theme, the book is threaded with bizarre and hilarious encouters throughout that will keep you on your toes . Through the entire book, the principle of SchrΓΆdinger's cat is used. It is both alive and dead, things are and they are not. The ending of the book depends on your own interpretation. Did Cam really go on this wild adventure or was he really laying in the hospital dying with hallucinations?

Just finished my CIS/IT degree {yay}
- I've been here long enough I'm a mom now
- Feel free to PM me for any help/guides/links/questions
- Looking for Mass WL swaps
- Looking for semi/Lit rp
She/her ~ bi wife energy ~ Adult
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vyraal » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:44 am

username: Vyraal
harem page: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4262743
zebra name: Kemanorel
book recommendation: The Halfblood Chronicles
(Elvenbane, Elvenblood, and Elvenborn)
why would you recommend this book?: Starting with the biggest con first, is a book series well worth the lack of an ending book. The second writer died before they could finish the 4th of of 4 book series; it remains one of my favorite fantasy series thanks to the story, the characters, the writing, the world building, the lore. It's a series I've felt strongly about for many years, and would love to share with others.
Emet-Selch did nothing wrong
Vyraal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:41 pm

username: VampireMessageNinja
harem page: Combined Thread
zebra name: Za-Lord (Toot-Toot)
book recommendation: Storm Front (first book of "The Dresden Files", Urban Fantasy Series by Jim Butcher, currently spanning across 16 books that I literally devoured, with more incoming)
why would you recommend this book?: The main character Harry Dresden is a funny, slightly awkward and unlucky wizard who just wants to survive and gets his bum handed to him by baddies multiple times because the author is unafraid of doing so; you want him to survive because he's a nice guy just out to help and at the wrong place at the wrong time, thrown head first into struggles with supernatural beings, deeper and deeper across the series while also becoming more powerful himself. Every time I reread the books, I notice small hints towards stuff happening much later in the series that I totally missed the previous reads, which is something I love.

(Oh I wish we had been allowed to write more.. I have so much to tell!)

The zebra name is Za-Lord (actually means Pizza Lord), because that's how Harry Dresden is called by the dew drop faerie Toot-Toot (which I turned into the zebra's nickname). Toot-Toot, like all of his kind, loves pizza and Harry Dresden offered him some as a reward for helping with (mostly) information gathering.
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me