Range Trotter #941 by Southern sweetie

Based on Click to view
Artist Southern sweetie [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #941

Postby Southern sweetie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: Clawdina
Show Name: Helm up and Charge On
Barn Name: Elmer
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: Matching the eyes
Eye Color: Spicy Drink (sprite green)
Phenotype: Silver sooty Bay Minimal Frame Overo
Genotype: Ee AAT ZZ Oo
Last edited by Southern sweetie on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #939

Postby Furrydogs12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:35 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: My Knight Charming
Barn Name: Knight
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color: Silver
Prompt: Knight would be what his name suggests, a knight. he'd be born and would be a favorite of the nobility. When he would learn to walk, he already was learning how to carry soldiers into war. He would have first trained with heavy sacks to simulate the weight of the soldier and armor. At first, he probably stumbled a lot and dropped some of the sacks. Eventually he'd learn how to balance the sacks and not let them slip off. When he was 1, he would have a his armor put on one piece at a time. He'd dislike the weight at first and would have to get used to it, but when he did, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.
Last edited by Furrydogs12 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 am

Username: VsmpireMessageNinja
Show Name: You Shall Be My Eyes
Barn Name: Glance
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: Eye color with a (golden?) leaf or vine pattern on it
Prompt: Medieval Glance would have been a Bailiff, a free man selected by a Lord to manage the peasants and their agricultural work. He is good at his job, not afraid to make a hard decision against the villagers and in favor of his lordship. Like many in his position, he is rather unpopular in the village, facing a lot of jealousy by the less fortunate and hatred for his favorism of his superiors. Glance loves the Lord, and the King too. He wants nothing more than impress them.
The real horse Glance, well, he does not care about other horses at all, much like Medieval Glance wouldn't care about other peasants. His owner keeps trying to integrate him into a horse herd, but whenever he sees her come around, he abandons the other horses completely and even when she is not around, he tends to be a very bossy individual towards the equines, who proceed to shun him. Not that he cares, as long as the human girl keeps coming back... She truly is his queen.
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:02 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Show Name: BV's All My Troubles On The Burning Pile
Barn Name: Spice
Height: 13.4hh
Halter Color: mint green w/ white markings <3
Prompt: Spice is actually a part-time working horse for Medieval Times! Spice works like the yellow team jousting horse. Completely accustomed to loud noises, flying objects, and mock-jousting, she is well acquainted with all things that would spook a normal horse. She works very well with the other horses and makes for an amazing companion outside of work, being patient with the newer members of riding horses.

So the short answer would be, Spice would be a jousting horse.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clawdina » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:43 am

Username: Clawdina
Halter Color: Matching the eyes please!!
Prompt:
A lord is never expected to care about the people he rules over, but Elmer would have cared deeply. With a strong sense of empathy and the desire to see all below him thrive, Elmer would've been a lord with compassion. Whether it was giving grace for overdue payments or assistance tending fields during a harsh season, Elmer isn't afraid to get his hooves dirty. Of course, this would cause some unease with nearby lords, giving Elmer a bad reputation in the circle of his fellow nobles but as long as Elmer was still a lord, he doesn't mind.

she/her | ace ♠️
Need to vent?
Want help?
My PMs are open!
Looking for Art
Barn + Stables
Clawdina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Southern sweetie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Clawdina wrote:Username: Clawdina
Halter Color: Matching the eyes please!!
Prompt:
A lord is never expected to care about the people he rules over, but Elmer would have cared deeply. With a strong sense of empathy and the desire to see all below him thrive, Elmer would've been a lord with compassion. Whether it was giving grace for overdue payments or assistance tending fields during a harsh season, Elmer isn't afraid to get his hooves dirty. Of course, this would cause some unease with nearby lords, giving Elmer a bad reputation in the circle of his fellow nobles but as long as Elmer was still a lord, he doesn't mind.

Congrats!
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me