Range Trotter #938 by Southern sweetie

Based on Click to view
Artist Southern sweetie [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #938

Postby Southern sweetie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: Phönixfeder2000
Show Name: Sailors Shipwreck
Barn Name: Monsune
Height:15,3hh
Halter Color: artists choice
Eye Color: Sea Foam Velvet
Phenotype: Mahogany Bay Varnish Roan
Genotype: Ee AA Lplp

Last edited by Southern sweetie on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #936

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:59 am

Username: Phönixfeder2000
Prompt:
"Monsune always has that one dream that´s coming back to haunt him once in a while. Or more precisely, a nightmare. It all starts inside a big ship, the air smells like rummy and the strawy floor is terrible shaky. You could hear the rain falling down heavily against the old wooden ship and loud thunder fills the otherwise quiet night. The static sound of waves clashing on the ships rump used to sooth Monsune a lot, but not tonight. Tonight has been terrifying him so far. His people didn´t come to look after him so far, all they do is run around and scream in fear. Althought he coul not understand what they say, he knows that it is up to no good out there. Suddenly theres a huge boom,the ship cradles back and forth, and his hooves are getting wet. Monsune slowly starts panicking, as he realizes that this will be the night of his death. Finally his human comes down to him but not to say everything will be alright, no. He cut off his leather halter and quietly says "I´m so sorry..." What does he mean? What will happen now? The water already reached his ankles so his human leads him out of the single stall made of old drift wood and wire and leads him up to the deck. Monsunes has wide eyes as the water forcefully splashes into his face and thunder is roaring all around him, almost deafening his sensitive horse ears. It seems like the world is sinking, just like the ship he is currently standing on. Just now he realizes that his human is gone and the water already reaches his lower neck. The next thing he remembers is darkness surrounding him until he wakes up, sweaty and heavily breathing." (300 words + explaination)

Sorry for the bad english, I really tried ;-;
Basically to sum it up, Monsune was on a old trading ship and a bad storm caused it to sink so they had to evacuate the ship but couldn´t safe him because he would be too heavy for the lifeboats. His owner cut him free so he has a slim chance to reach any land safely. This would probably be his death in his past life, haunting him in his current one but I might continue the story so he survives and ends up as the horse of a princess or a poor girl/boy or something like that ^^
Last edited by Phönixfeder2000 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Show Name: BV's Quiet As A Mouse
Barn Name: Mouse
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: same as eyes <3
Prompt: Mouse would want to travel back to when he was born. Mouse is quite the curious horse, although painfully introverted, is interested in knowing how everything works and what happens for it to work. He believes the entire point of life and existence is to learn, so he'd like to learn how long it took him to be born and he'd also like to understand how much time it took for him to be able to stand up. Unlike other horses, he wants to walk straight into a supposed danger to understand what its motivation was, or if it even is a danger at all. After all, if it makes other horses scared, why not figure out what it is and tell them so they can understand too? One time, though, this turned very badly for Mouse. Mouse heard a loud, throaty sort of yowl and the fearful neighing of his fellow herd mates.

After, he went forward and volunteered to find the source of their fear, which was brave but also sort of stupid considering this could be a bear or an injured wolf. But no, it was a cougar. The cougar sprang at him directly in the barrel and he has small scars to prove it. Although he might have survived, this incident could've turned out to be much more deadly, not only for him but for the others. In the end, though, he was alright and that mattered the most. He mentally documented this yowl and the sound of the cougar's voice so in case it came back, he would, this time, be prepared to fight it with his herd by his side.

Overall, Mouse would go back in time to when he was born with all the memories he already had so he could start again as one of the smartest foals, and soon-to-be horses, in the entire world. He would be able to analyze and understand things but already have the memories of before so he might be even more cautious and careful of what his next move would be. That's why he'd go back in time to when he was born.

[357 words]
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Southern sweetie » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Phönixfeder2000 wrote:Username: Phönixfeder2000
Prompt:
"Monsune always has that one dream that´s coming back to haunt him once in a while. Or more precisely, a nightmare. It all starts inside a big ship, the air smells like rummy and the strawy floor is terrible shaky. You could hear the rain falling down heavily against the old wooden ship and loud thunder fills the otherwise quiet night. The static sound of waves clashing on the ships rump used to sooth Monsune a lot, but not tonight. Tonight has been terrifying him so far. His people didn´t come to look after him so far, all they do is run around and scream in fear. Althought he coul not understand what they say, he knows that it is up to no good out there. Suddenly theres a huge boom,the ship cradles back and forth, and his hooves are getting wet. Monsune slowly starts panicking, as he realizes that this will be the night of his death. Finally his human comes down to him but not to say everything will be alright, no. He cut off his leather halter and quietly says "I´m so sorry..." What does he mean? What will happen now? The water already reached his ankles so his human leads him out of the single stall made of old drift wood and wire and leads him up to the deck. Monsunes has wide eyes as the water forcefully splashes into his face and thunder is roaring all around him, almost deafening his sensitive horse ears. It seems like the world is sinking, just like the ship he is currently standing on. Just now he realizes that his human is gone and the water already reaches his lower neck. The next thing he remembers is darkness surrounding him until he wakes up, sweaty and heavily breathing." (300 words + explaination)

Sorry for the bad english, I really tried ;-;
Basically to sum it up, Monsune was on a old trading ship and a bad storm caused it to sink so they had to evacuate the ship but couldn´t safe him because he would be too heavy for the lifeboats. His owner cut him free so he has a slim chance to reach any land safely. This would probably be his death in his past life, haunting him in his current one but I might continue the story so he survives and ends up as the horse of a princess or a poor girl/boy or something like that ^^

Congrats !!

HM to Bunnoblizzard <3
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #938

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:35 pm

Ahhh thank you! Was really hoping to get him <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #938

Postby ivyy. » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 pm

thank you for the hm! ^^
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me