Range Trotter #899 by Southern sweetie

Based on Click to view
Artist Southern sweetie [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #899

Postby Southern sweetie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:53 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: astrophile.
Show Name: rps reckless abandon
Barn Name: sergeant
Height: 12.3hh
Halter Color: navy blue
Eye Color: I have no name (green lol)
Phenotype: Sooty Bay Irregular splash
Genotype: EE Aa StySty Splspl
Last edited by Southern sweetie on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #897

Postby astrophile. » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:53 am

Prompt: sergeant’s name is an allusion to famed warhorse mare sergeant reckless. the following is taken from a wikipedia article;

“Staff Sergeant Reckless, a decorated war horse who held official rank in the United States military, was a mare of Mongolian horse breeding. Out of a race horse dam, she was purchased in October 1952 for $250 from a Korean stableboy at the Seoul racetrack who needed money to buy an artificial leg for his sister. Reckless was bought by members of the United States Marine Corps and trained to be a pack horse for the Recoilless Rifle Platoon, Anti-Tank Company, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. She quickly became part of the unit and was allowed to roam freely through camp, entering the Marines' tents, where she would sleep on cold nights, and was known for her willingness to eat nearly anything, including scrambled eggs, beer, Coca-Cola and, once, about $30 worth of poker chips.”

loose mane + braided tail <3
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:52 am

Username: Strawberrymwilk
Show Name: Mother of All Women
Barn Name: Juno
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color: artist choice
Prompt:
The roman version of Greek God Hera. She began as the goddess of childbirth and soon grew to encompass many aspects of womanhood. She was known for being the goddess of marriage, childbirth, and home and was the protector of the Roman state.
Braided mane and tail

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:38 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: Sifting through the Snow
Barn Name: Shiftlet
Height: 27 hh
Halter Color: Eye color
Prompt:
Loose main and tail
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .ludicrous. » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Username: Owl_Roast
Show Name: You May Bow
Barn Name: Tamara
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Vegas Gold
Prompt: Tamara (also known as Tamar) was the only daughter of King Giorgi of Georgia. In 1178, he crowned Tamar, the “bright light of his eyes,” as co-ruler. When he died in 1184, she became the sole “king” of Georgia and was often referred to as King Tamar. In 1187, she married Prince George (Yuri) Bogolyubski of Kiev. George was a reckless drunkard, with an explosive temper, roving eye, and abusive tendencies. After he publicly shamed her, Tamara divorced him in 1188, and magnanimously sent him into luxurious exile. She soon remarried and gave birth to two healthy children.
But George could not let his ex-wife be. Eager to destroy the woman who had humiliated him, he led a rebel army against Tamara, only to be defeated and sent into exile once more. In 1200, George and an army of Turkish soldiers invaded Georgia yet again, and again he was defeated and expelled by Tamara. After this, George disappears from history, while Tamara burns brightly as one of the greatest rulers Georgia has ever known. She died in 1213, and was made a Saint in the Orthodox Church. She continues to inspire political women to this day. One of her biggest modern fans is none other than Hillary Rodham Clinton.
(Source )

Mane & Tail Braided Please ^^
.ludicrous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Southern sweetie » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:46 am

astrophile. wrote:
    Prompt: sergeant’s name is an allusion to famed warhorse mare sergeant reckless. the following is taken from a wikipedia article;

“Staff Sergeant Reckless, a decorated war horse who held official rank in the United States military, was a mare of Mongolian horse breeding. Out of a race horse dam, she was purchased in October 1952 for $250 from a Korean stableboy at the Seoul racetrack who needed money to buy an artificial leg for his sister. Reckless was bought by members of the United States Marine Corps and trained to be a pack horse for the Recoilless Rifle Platoon, Anti-Tank Company, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. She quickly became part of the unit and was allowed to roam freely through camp, entering the Marines' tents, where she would sleep on cold nights, and was known for her willingness to eat nearly anything, including scrambled eggs, beer, Coca-Cola and, once, about $30 worth of poker chips.”

loose mane + braided tail <3

Congrats!
Will be updated soon
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me