Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Rylf

Lambicorn #423 | Lily of the Valley

Postby mal du pays » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm

STYLISH Ethereal Cloven lambicorn
[ Custom ears, custom tail, fur, mane, small beard ;; necktie ]

So! Flower symbolism. I wanted to make something with it and decided on lily of the valley! A friend of mine said they reminded them of unicorns (the classic kind) so here we are. Lily of the valley are said to symbolize sweetness, purity, and pure love.
For this kid's contest, please tell me how they feel - through flowers! You can use this list to determine which flowers to use, or you can use another site - please provide it if you use something else.
With your list please list what the flowers mean, for convenience <3 There's no limit to how many flowers you can use, but do make sure not to go too crazy.
Please make sure your post is understandable! This means font colors, font sizes, and legibility with the wording - a few typos are fine, but please make sure your form can be parsed as a whole - whether you decorate your form or not. Please remember to keep it legible!

⇣⇣⇣ CONTEST ! ⇣⇣⇣
⭐︎ Ends 6/20 at noon MST ⭐︎
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:

Itemless:
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #423 | Lily of the Valley

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Username: SilentMelody
    Name: Amalthea
    Bouquet:
      Arborvitae - unchanging friendship
      Peony - happy life
      Coreopsis - always cheerful
      Blue salvia - I think of you
      Violet - loyalty
      Honeysuckle - bonds of love

Amalthea is a florist, and she puts together beautiful bouquets. Her customers come to her with requests, and she gives them exactly what they want. Maybe even a little more. When it comes to her friends and loved ones, she puts even more thought. Today, she puts together a bouquet for Antheia.

She knows she shouldn't include lavender in her bouquet, since that signifies distrust. The two of them immediately became friends when Amalthea noticed the natural growth of lavender flowers on her body. Despite the significance of the purple flower, she knew she could trust Antheia and started up a conversation with the curious Lambicorn. Since then, they've hit it off.

For this bouquet, she decided to arrange the flowers fully by the meaning. The aesthetic didn't really matter to her, and she was sure Antheia wouldn't care what the flowers looked like. If she taught Antheia the meaning, she would appreciate it. She put together arborvitae and peony, signifying a happy, unchanging friendship throughout their lives together. Coreopsis and blue salvia were paired together to say "I'm always cheerful when I think of you" in a very sweet way. She left violet alone but placed a few flowers in the bouquet to signify their loyalty towards each other. Finally, Amalthea added honeysuckle to bond all of the meanings together and explain that all of the flowers were reasons why she loved her friend so much and why their friendship was so strong.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Username: Rylf
Name: Diamanth
Bouquet:

“My heart longs for a beat I cannot find (pink camelia - longing)
But a sweet inspiration comes to mind (angelica - inspiration)
Innocence pure, my heart is glowing (white carnation - innocence, purity)
For you, my love is ever growing (heliotrope - everlasting love)
This message I send with all my love (iris - message)
An ode to you and the sun above (yellow tulip - sunshine, brightness)
I present to you, my everlasting love (Yarrow - everlasting love)
Please handle it with care, my shining dove..”

Diamanth wove the last of the flowers he held in one of Sally’s blond braids with a soft, emotional whisper, having finally laid bare his feelings for her that he’d held inside for so long. Each line had been spoken with care as he placed the flowers into her hair; and when he stepped back to take a look at his masterpiece, he saw the look of pure, raw love shining in Sally’s eyes that nearly brought him to his knees. This was the only way he could express his devotion and her reciprocation brought tears of joy to his own eyes.

“I love you, Sally.”

He reached behind his back and pulled out a single red chrysanthemum and handed it to her, symbolizing his final declaration and a promise for their future.

It had no word limit or specifications of how to do this..so I hope this is okay. I just got really inspired.. Sally is another Lambie of mine and he felt like a really lovely fit for her.
Last edited by Rylf on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis Root Tea » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Username: Canis Root Tea
Name: Larkspur
Bouquet:
    a handful of Willow stalks for sadness
    Sage, for my immortality
    a little bit of Blue Salvia to say i'm thinking of you
    Heliotrope for my eternal love
    Please, Forget-me-not

she/her | adult
Canis Root Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EditMeNot » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 am

Username: EditMeNot
Name: Meadow
Bouquet: (all meanings came from the site you linked! I kind of just interpreted them)

Meadow sat in her usual stool in her flowershop, pulling flowers together and sticking them into a foam block, letting out small huffs and quietly grumbling, clearly holding in a strong feeling of rage. A large blue lambicorn sat across from her, his head down on the table and his paws upon his head, obviously nervous and looking much like a child in trouble. The flowers on the table were various colors and had you not known the language of flowers, would look like a disaster. "I don't get why you're doing this Meadow, I. I already told you it's not a huge deal." The large lambicorn spoke up, though still in a small voice.

"NOT a huge deal??? Gogo they LITERALLY do this every time your around! You can't keep letting people push you around!" The words seemed to break her, Meadow's tail waving angrily behind her and her hooves moved faster, almost crushing flowers as she stabbed them into the foam block. "I know you won't stand up to your coworkers, so! I'm going to. Very subtly. A curse if you will." She sat for a moment, composing herself. "Marigolds to wish despair upon them. Clematis, which is poverty, hoping they get fired. Rhododendron, meaning beware," She'd lock eyes with him and continue, "Because if they keep this up I'm GOING to stop being peaceful."

Gogo would shrink back a bit, looking away as she continued. "Tansy, for my hostile thoughts, and Willows for my sadness that your coworkers aren't more mature." She'd continue to stab the flowers into the block, sighing softly as she glanced at him. "I know you won't stand up for yourself, I know its scary. So I want to stand up for you. I'll hand them the flowers myself. No worries, I won't say anything about you unless they understand the flowers."

❤Edit❤
❤she/her | it/its❤
❤Toyhouse❤
❤i'm very anxious please be patient with me ❤
signature+profile pic by me!
ImageImageImageImageImage
EditMeNot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espen. » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:05 am

Username: quirky;
Name: Frost Wish
Bouquet:
Red Carnation - My heart aches for you
Cornflower - Be gentle with me
Honeysuckle - Devoted affection

They are truly, hopelessly, without a doubt in love with a lambicorn who doesn't know they even exist. (Gonna use 'she' for this part cause the crush is 'they' and it gets confusing) Every time they pass by, Frost's heart flutters. And every time Frost goes to bed, she dreams of them. She dreams of sitting on fluffy clouds, holding hands, and dancing in meadows. Frost Wish's heart aches for the companionship of that one lambicorn.

It's not Frost's fault that they're shy and can barely get a peep out when meeting new people. It's just...out of their comfort zone. You gotta be gentle with 'em as they overthink and misinterpret almost everything. But don't worry, Frost Wish doesn't spend all day trying to talk to their crush.

They have a garden, to which they devote most of their attention and love. It's filled with pearly daisies and florescent, healthy ferns. The smell of the soil mingled with flowers is divine, and often puts them to sleep. It's quite a sight to walk in and see a lambicorn sleeping on the ground.

When not tending to their garden, Frost Wish is usually curled up in their chair, reading a good novel and munching on yummy crackers. They love to wind down after a day full of stomach knots and butterflies whenever they're near their crush. It can take a lot out of a little lambicorn like Frost, so relaxation is important.
ᴛʀᴀɴꜱ - ᴀɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ - ᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴꜱ
ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ - ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ - ᴛʜ - ᴘᴀɢᴇ - ᴘꜰᴘ

"𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜"
espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am

Username: All Along Watchtower
Name: Gladiolus
Bouquet:
(It is an odd bouquet - such a strange mix of flowers and plants! And what is the message within?)
Borage: Bluntness, directness (this message to you is direct, and to the point)
Aloe: Affection, also grief (I loved you - still love you - and so it brings me great pains to say it)
Butterfly weed: Let me go (but you must let me go.)
Hydrangea: Gratitude for being understood; frigidity and heartlessness (I thank you for loving me, for understanding like none other has before. But so too must you understand: I am a creature who cannot be loved, cannot be tied down. The love I feel for you will always seem cold, distant.)
Yarrow: Everlasting love (I love you. Will love you, always.)
Gladiolus: Remembrance (And I shall always remember you.)
Willow: Sadness (I'm sorry.)
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:23 am

Closed, any further posts or edits beyond this point will be disqualified
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Apologies for the delay! my brain go brrrr

Anyways!
Firstly, I'd like to offer a stylish MYO token as a sort of RU to EditMeNot and All Along Watchtower. I like how distinctive your forms were with the flowers you chose! And how you used them, haha.
Please use this post as proof of token when using or trading this token.

I've decided the winner of this kid is Rylf! I thought it was very cute, and liked how the flower arrangement was written. I also thought the bouquet being in a braid was a nice touch! You'll be added shortly!
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:43 am

AHHHHHHH TYSM! I’m so happy and excited for the Sally romaaaance. Alshoahdlc.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ