My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ◇◇ arcanthera --- #042

Postby Keen » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:26 am

username: Keen
name: Haema
faction: Complex
prompt answer:

Haema started life as most other Pantheryx do: she was surrounded by those that she loved and that loved her. However things rapidly changed for the little cub as her family was divided by the war. Her father committed treason and her mother ran away. She was left in the care of strangers that did not understand the needs of a growing cub. The family made sure to remind her of her treasonous blood as often as they could, hoping to instill a sense of loyalty in her. What they did was install rebellion instead. When she was an adolescent, Haema ran, like her mother, away from the life that she hated. She wanted to help in the war, but she could not decide between the two factions that pulled at her most strongly: netheric and aetheric. By birth, on her mother's side, it would make sense that she support the former, and her sense of independence also pushed her in this direction. But also by birth, on her father's side, she should support the aetheric faction. She found a retired warrior and he agreed to teach her, but only if she chose a side. She fought and argued and pleaded with him until he finally gave in and began her training without her making a choice. Her training went well as she learned very quickly to use both melee and magical attacks. Her mentor was both pleased and wary of her abilities. She grew to love him as a father, and greatly respected him. The first time she lost herself and drew blood in her battle fever, her strength grew tenfold. The warrior dismissed her from his tutelage then, telling her that she should not treat this lightly, and that she needed to learn to better control herself.
Haema grew bitter, resentment building inside of her until she convinced herself that revenge was the only way to relieve herself of this anger. She went back to the warrior's home and, one by one, killed his household until he was the only one left. Her strength being more than she could handle, she looked into his eyes and roared. He pleaded with her to come back to herself, but she could not hear him. She killed him, just as she had the others, and fled.
It was only after she ran out into the wilderness and the blood-strength left her that her mind cleared and she could once again think rationally. She tore at the ground in anguish. What had she done?? Her roar of grief could be heard for miles as it echoed from mountain to valley. She must learn to control this... thing that she became. She must, or remain alone for the rest of her life. She would take the lessons that the old warrior taught her and she would study and meditate and focus until she mastered them.

Song: Skillet - Monster
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Keen wrote:
username: Keen
name: Haema
faction: Complex
prompt answer:

Haema started life as most other Pantheryx do: she was surrounded by those that she loved and that loved her. However things rapidly changed for the little cub as her family was divided by the war. Her father committed treason and her mother ran away. She was left in the care of strangers that did not understand the needs of a growing cub. The family made sure to remind her of her treasonous blood as often as they could, hoping to instill a sense of loyalty in her. What they did was install rebellion instead. When she was an adolescent, Haema ran, like her mother, away from the life that she hated. She wanted to help in the war, but she could not decide between the two factions that pulled at her most strongly: netheric and aetheric. By birth, on her mother's side, it would make sense that she support the former, and her sense of independence also pushed her in this direction. But also by birth, on her father's side, she should support the aetheric faction. She found a retired warrior and he agreed to teach her, but only if she chose a side. She fought and argued and pleaded with him until he finally gave in and began her training without her making a choice. Her training went well as she learned very quickly to use both melee and magical attacks. Her mentor was both pleased and wary of her abilities. She grew to love him as a father, and greatly respected him. The first time she lost herself and drew blood in her battle fever, her strength grew tenfold. The warrior dismissed her from his tutelage then, telling her that she should not treat this lightly, and that she needed to learn to better control herself.
Haema grew bitter, resentment building inside of her until she convinced herself that revenge was the only way to relieve herself of this anger. She went back to the warrior's home and, one by one, killed his household until he was the only one left. Her strength being more than she could handle, she looked into his eyes and roared. He pleaded with her to come back to herself, but she could not hear him. She killed him, just as she had the others, and fled.
It was only after she ran out into the wilderness and the blood-strength left her that her mind cleared and she could once again think rationally. She tore at the ground in anguish. What had she done?? Her roar of grief could be heard for miles as it echoed from mountain to valley. She must learn to control this... thing that she became. She must, or remain alone for the rest of her life. She would take the lessons that the old warrior taught her and she would study and meditate and focus until she mastered them.

Song: Skillet - Monster

congrats!
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 pm

ahh thank you so much!
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me