Based on Click to view
Artist -Isabella- [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings -- #793

Postby -Isabella- » Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 am

To adopt this hyena, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

To win this Hyena tell me how they would react if someone assumed they were elderly based on their fur color? 400 words max

Ends 6/1/21

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Hyena Name:[/b]
    [b]Hyena Gender:[/b]
    [b]Pride:[/b] (Link to thread)
    [b]Pride Status:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b]
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #793

Postby minifun990 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Username: minifun990
Hyena Name: Erach
Hyena Gender: Male
Pride: Mystic Isles
Pride Status:
Prompt:
No one ever thought the young hyena was old in the clan he grew up in. Almost every member had watched him grow up. They knew his own pelt almost as well as Erach himself. They knew everything about him after all, except perhaps his own thoughts. Such was the way of living in such a tight nit clan so far out of everyone elses way. And it was… Nice enough, he knew he would always have a black furred shoulder to lean on, a brown paw to lift him up. But Erach wanted to adventure beyond his home that he knew so well, and that knew him so well in return.

He wanted to see all the colours life had to offer.

And so he bid fairwell to his family and friends and travelled to the big smoke.
His family warned him things would be different there. But Erach was amazed by how different it was. So many things to see, so many colours and shapes and smells and-

“Hey Old man, you lost?”

And so many strange accents! There were even a couple cheetahs whispering to each other in a language Erach had never heard before.

“Sir.”

Erach would have to write down so much went he sent some letters home, perhaps even using two sheets of paper!

“OLD FELLA” A paw rest on Erach’s shoulder, shocking him as he looked into an unfamiliar russet red face of a lion.

“DO YOU NEED ME TO HELP YOU HOME?” The lion shouted, making Erach flatten his ears a little. That was a bit over the top wasnt it?

“No thankyou, Im just going to post office.” Erach politely replied, watching as the gruff lion’s eyes widen as his paw slipped off Erach’s shoulder.

“You're a young fella.” He stated, a strange look on his face. Erach smiled a little at the much lower tone before frowning in confusion.

“Yes?”

“Ha,”  He looked Erach up and down. "I wouldn't have known it, ya look as grey as my nan."

"Oh!" Erach replied, looking down at his own fur. "I was just born this colour."

"Well then, sorry for bothering you."

"No, uh it's alright, I'm glad you were so willing to help out an elder." Erach smiled, it was reassuring that perhaps something weren't so different from where he came from.

(391/400)
Last edited by minifun990 on Fri May 21, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue May 18, 2021 7:18 am

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Hyena Name: Gakuru
Hyena Gender: Male
Pride: Fallitur
Pride Status: Warden
Prompt: 399/400
    "Has anyone assumed I was old because of how I look? Well, it's just me and Kamau currently. I don't think he really cares to know my age. But I don't think he assumes I'm old. At least, he doesn't treat me like I'm old. If anything, I think he pushes me pretty hard- considering it's just the two of us." He put a paw to his chin thoughtfully. "Though, now that you mention it, there were a couple instances with the lions not too far away that made for an interesting experience. Allow me to set the scene.

"I was fairly new to the area. Trying to find my new home, you know? I hadn't met Kamau yet in this story. Anyway. There were a couple lions walking about. Hunters? Scouts, maybe? It was just two of them. They hadn't noticed me yet. I don't really have a problem with lions but I know they're a bit skeptical of hyenas. I go about my business, just walking around and looking at things. Trying to decide where I want to go. But I was taking my time. No need to rush. Well, in taking my time I guess I appeared...frail? I'm not really sure. Maybe it was the distance between us. Or maybe lions are just really bad at determining a hyenas age. Regardless, they finally realize I'm there and kind of just halt. They're eyeing me, whispering to each other. Curious, I kind of slowly make my way over to catch what they're saying. I don't remember exactly what was said but it was something like--"

Gakuru cleared his throat before speaking again, his voice changing to reenact the way the lions spoke. "That hyena? What's he doing all the way out here?" Another change in tone as he impersonated the other lion. "Not sure. Maybe he's lost? Ahem. Could be possible. Older guy couldn't keep up with the rest of the pack? Ahem. Makes sense. Poor old man. Being left behind like that."

His voice returned to normal, a smile on his face. "So they thought I was old? Kind of strange but like I said before, maybe they just didn't know much about hyenas. I thought I'd have some fun with it. So I played the part. I hobbled my way over closer and tried my best to sound like a wizened elder. Ah, good times."
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Username: bmkmb
Hyena name: Grey Dove "Amimi"
Hyena gender: female
Pride: Sept Cyhyraeth (hyena faction of The Pride)
Pride status: Periastron
Prompt: [280 words]

Grey Dove walked along the side of the lake, dragging her paws heavily. The sun ruthlessly cast its rays, not caring that her thick fur worked as a heater even in the summer. The hare between her jaws weighed her down—she wanted nothing more than to dive into the lake and escape the heat, just this once.

“Amimi-na, Amimi-na!” a young voice cried, and an adolescent trotted up to her cheerfully. “Are you tired, nana? I could carry that rabbit for you!”

The hyena studied her young kin. Why ‘nana’? She wasn’t anyone’s grandmother; she was barely an adult herself. It must’ve been her slower pace in addition to her matted, rock-colored fur.

“It’s a hare, ke’ari,” the Grey Dove said rather than correcting her age.

“Same difference!” her kin huffed, making to pick up the creature she’d set down for him.

The older hyena rolled her eyes. “That sort of attitude isn’t going to impress your preceptors, ke’ari.”

“Se? Who cares?” the young one mumbled around a mouthful of hare pelt. “This thi’s hea’ier than I thou’ it would be,” he muttered.

Grey Dove snorted. “Then let’s get back to the laager before you collapse from exhaustion, ze?”

With one last glance at the shimmering lake, Grey Dove started back to camp, hiding an amused smile at her ke’ari’s offence. Ah, being mistaken for an old lady… it wasn’t too bad, especially if it would let her shirk her duties onto unsuspecting young ones.

Though, she’d need to steal the hare back from the cub before they entered the laager—the sight of a proud young one carrying a hare his size would certainly attract unnecessary attention towards them both.

A Guide to the Cyhyra dialect:
• na — suffix used for elders
• nana — “grandmother”
• ke’ari — male adolescent; child brother
• preceptors — "mentors"
• se — used like “so what?”
• ze — from “zei” (no); in this context, used similarly to “you want that, right?” or “why don’t we?” or “shall we?”
• laager — camp; base
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 am

bmkmb wrote:Username: bmkmb
Hyena name: Grey Dove "Amimi"
Hyena gender: female
Pride: Sept Cyhyraeth (hyena faction of The Pride)
Pride status: Periastron
Prompt: [280 words]

Grey Dove walked along the side of the lake, dragging her paws heavily. The sun ruthlessly cast its rays, not caring that her thick fur worked as a heater even in the summer. The hare between her jaws weighed her down—she wanted nothing more than to dive into the lake and escape the heat, just this once.

“Amimi-na, Amimi-na!” a young voice cried, and an adolescent trotted up to her cheerfully. “Are you tired, nana? I could carry that rabbit for you!”

The hyena studied her young kin. Why ‘nana’? She wasn’t anyone’s grandmother; she was barely an adult herself. It must’ve been her slower pace in addition to her matted, rock-colored fur.

“It’s a hare, ke’ari,” the Grey Dove said rather than correcting her age.

“Same difference!” her kin huffed, making to pick up the creature she’d set down for him.

The older hyena rolled her eyes. “That sort of attitude isn’t going to impress your preceptors, ke’ari.”

“Se? Who cares?” the young one mumbled around a mouthful of hare pelt. “This thi’s hea’ier than I thou’ it would be,” he muttered.

Grey Dove snorted. “Then let’s get back to the laager before you collapse from exhaustion, ze?”

With one last glance at the shimmering lake, Grey Dove started back to camp, hiding an amused smile at her ke’ari’s offence. Ah, being mistaken for an old lady… it wasn’t too bad, especially if it would let her shirk her duties onto unsuspecting young ones.

Though, she’d need to steal the hare back from the cub before they entered the laager—the sight of a proud young one carrying a hare his size would certainly attract unnecessary attention towards them both.

A Guide to the Cyhyra dialect:
• na — suffix used for elders
• nana — “grandmother”
• ke’ari — male adolescent; child brother
• preceptors — "mentors"
• se — used like “so what?”
• ze — from “zei” (no); in this context, used similarly to “you want that, right?” or “why don’t we?” or “shall we?”
• laager — camp; base

Winner!
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:09 am