Time spent 5 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
72 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon [RESULTS UP]

Postby Cloasiii » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 am

[c] tail, longer fur
    [uc] ears, pupils, shorter fur, tongue

Short prompt! Tell me about something this kal doesn't believe in in 500 words or less.

You can choose any writing format you want (narrative, poetic, journal, etc.), and I will be judging based on character development and creativity rather than writing skills. :]

Skeleton form (feel free to pretty up/etc.):
Code: Select all
Username + user ID:
Kalon name:
Prompt response:

This competition will be closed for judging a week from now on November 26th at CS rollover. Good luck! :>
Last edited by Cloasiii on Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon

Postby jasps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:23 am

mark!!

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am

Username + user ID: Kyar - 320861
Kalon name: Auden

Prompt response:
“I don’t believe in second chances.”

Ice crystals spattered against the mottled, foggy windowpane. A huff of breath pressed a shadow of moisture over the pane, casting over the courtyard below with a pulsing shroud, swelling and fading each time he let his chest rise and fall.

The cold in his eyes was sharper than the sleet outside, slicker than the patches of ice clinging fiercely to the concrete walls. Against her promise, she hasn’t returned.

Dark eyes fell shallowly upon the empty space, rusted iron gates drifted up to their latch in a hissing wave of snow, now caked with the shell of the freezing rain and more than certainly sealed shut. Once again, he had hoped, and again, he had been broken.

The gates would remain closed, now, of that much he was certain. The warmth of the inside was his alone, in this hellish tundra. The chronic winters he’d endured alone gave him less sickness than the hope of a promise kept, a face returned. When they leave, they never come back.

He’d found her in an ice box, out on his last trek for supplies. She’s tucked herself inside and pressed the lid shut, like a fool, and had passed unconscious in her sleep. It was a miracle he could bring her back at all, nursed to health on an old gray mat in the center of his homestead. All the supplies he’d wasted.

At first she wouldn’t speak, and he thought perhaps the cold had stolen her voice in exchange for returning her life. But after a week, her eyes still glassy, she’d told him her name, thanked him. He’d allowed it. To that point, he hadn’t wanted her to stay. He hasn’t even known why he chose to help. She’d brought herself to that point. Perhaps he should’ve simply let her slip away.

She was foolish, he’d told her. Sealing out the cold did no good if the air was kept out with it. The winter had driven her mad, as it had so many. Truly, he was sure he was one of them. One of so many poor souls whose mind was taken by the fog. The grip of winter got into the head, a burning poison whose only remedies—warmth, comfort, love—were torn away relentlessly with jagged, icy jaws. And while he had never loved her, the ache of loneliness did a number on the heart, and on the mind. He’d only wanted her to stay.

The wind roared up to a thunderous roar, rattling even the metal frames of the bunker. But here, inside, it was warm. Silent, steadily warm.

The bag she’d taken was one of many. The snowshoes a more meaningful loss. Three days ago she’d said one day. She was healthy when she left. She wasn’t dead. Just like all the others, she’d taken her chance and gone. Like the others, like the winter. In this cold, there was only so much warmth he could give.

497/500
Last edited by Kyar on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MuddyPawprints » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am

Username + user ID: viscidogg + 969115
Kalon name: Jupiter
Prompt response:

Jupiter tends to have an open mind, but one thing she just doesn't believe in is astrology. She thinks its fun, and interesting, and can sometimes be accurate, but she doesn't think its a form of science. She definetely has looked up her own natal chart, and had a ton of fun with it, but she doesn't think it drives her life foreward.

She grew up with a mom who really believed in it, and her dad wasn't ever present in her life, so she knows a lot about it (Jupiter has a habit still of checking her daily horoscope, in the mornings just after she wakes up, too.) She has a lot of friends who believe in it too, but they accept she doesn't really get the belief.

She understands that some of the things astrology says about her are accurate, but she thinks its more of random chance, luck and a numbers game than any true science or force behind it planning her personality and life around a chart.

When she was born, her mom even named her Jupiter, because it's her favorite planetary body included in natal charts. Her mom took down the exact moment of her birth with the help of a nurse, and asked for her phone to look up her new babies chart as soon as she was feeling well enough too (then of course, she took lots and lots of pictures of Jupiter as well.)

Jupiter is a Taurus Sun, Scorpio Moon, and Aries rising, with her other placements being Gemini Mercury, Aries Venus, Sagittarius Mars, Gemini Jupiter, Gemini Saturn, Aquarius Uranus, Aquarius Neptune, Sagittarius Pluto, Aquarius Lillith, Cancer Asc Node, Taurus Second House, Gemini Third House, Cancer Fourth House, Leo Fifth House, Virgo Sixth House, Libra Seventh House, Scorpio Eighth House, Sagittarius Nineth House, Capricorn Midheaven, Aquarius Eleventh House, and Piscese Twelfth House.

She has a lot of fun with astrology, and playing around with horoscopes and tag yourself natal chart memes, but it's something she personally won't ever believe in, despite it being all around her all the time due to social media and her mother and friends beliefs.

358/500
Last edited by MuddyPawprints on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuddyPawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am

Username + user ID:Sobble | 918599
Kalon name: Poe
Prompt response:
You believe in good people.
Hell, you’ve convinced yourself a life beyond this one exists. But you can’t bring yourself to believe justice governs the world.
You’ve seen too many good men laid to rest. Too many gratuitous and flagrant wars, conducted as if soldiers are but pawns in some grand means to an end.
You’ve seen price tags put on men’s heads. A petty thief’s life is worth no more than the meager and burnt breads he stole. A poor folk’s son comes back from conflicts at the eastern wall, he won’t make it through the night. You look on in silence, grieve for him with his family, but the world sheds no tears for him. He is but one in hundreds, sent away on a whim.

No, there is no justice when the King’s son dies, and the town echoes with the sullen cries and heavy hearts of its people. It is all for nothing. The crooked popes and the religious men are buried alongside the money that lines their pockets, while the townspeople beg the Lord for mercy. Good men with hearts of gold, who refuse to follow orders of those already corrupted are condemned to life in a musty cell, no wider than their shoulders. Buried in a nameless grave, not a penny for their old soul.

No, you don’t believe in justice. All lives end the same, the cycle will cease regardless of one’s path in life. In the end, you will be there. Adorning them with flowers and sending them to whatever comes next. You hope there is a divine retribution. A divine power delivering justice in a world beyond yours. But as you continue your work, everything ends the same. The men of honesty and of cowardice lay and die alike. Those with riches and high statures have a glory that precedes them, while men of courage toil into nothingness. There is no order here, there is no justice… but the least you can do as you lay them down to rest is to believe you are sending them somewhere better. To pray for their safe passage and equip them with tools for their long journey, give an honest man one more chance. You can’t deliver justice, but you whist for somone that may.
Last edited by sobble on Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nex » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:29 am

Username + user ID: Nex + #963036
    Kalon name: Edge
    Prompt response:
    I've lost my belief in the Republic along time ago. They told- no- convinced us that they could provide us the freedom we ever so thirst for as long as they gathered the correct amount of funds. I, along with most people I grew up along side with, gave a percentage of their income onto the rebellion movement. I felt as if I was doing something, anything, with the pitiful life I lived under the king's rule. Waking up every morning at 6 to lug wood hoping to pay off the loans I took to pay for the surgery that would save my daughter's life. The rising movement promised to improve life for the less fortunate, the life that I was forced into because the sheer amount of power hungry lords becoming a bit too comfortable with their laws. I thought the Republic would succeed in what the royals could not accomplish, but I was wrong. At first it seemed that the cloudy skies were leaving. We collectively voted in who we wished to be in power, who the next king would be. Our eventual winner exceeded our expectations, and I settled into my new job as a local doctor quite nicely. I generally enjoyed my employment for what seemed to be the first time in a while. But everyone wasn't happy about the change of power. The supporters of the former monarchy supposedly murdered our elected king although they were let off the hook with the lack of evidence. Our next king wasn't as- likeable as our first, I believe that the power went to his head. The world fell right back into its former ways. That is why I hope that you will attend our next meeting at Elm Street. If you wish to attend send a dove carrying a clover to my humble home. See you there.
Last edited by Nex on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi call me trash,
rodents are my passion

Nex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:33 am

- snip I'm not gonna be able to flesh out everything I wanted to in time, good luck everyone! -
Last edited by Rosemoon on Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:34 am

Why did I read this as eye of the crayon 💀 🤚

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ford » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am

Username + user ID: ford [916502]
Kalon name: Killjoy
Prompt response:

belief.
what is belief, really?

in essence, it's just a thought.
a thought turned into a state of mind,
which inevitably becomes corrupt.

it's a fairytale turned to reality within your mind.
silly, and foolish.
and in this land? belief could mean the end of your life.

it's dangerous out here in the desert.
dangerous enough without the fear caused by your mind, playing tricks on you.
all caused by the same thing.

belief.

why put yourself through it?
what is the point?
is it comfort?
is it the tales passed down, sitting around the campfire,
shooting the breeze as we sit, and wait, for something to happen,
all because we played ourselves into thinking it will?

when someone asks, "what do you believe in?"
what do you say?
do you believe in yourself?
why would you? you exist. there's nothing to imagine.
do you believe in the spirits of the desert?
of course not. that's silly. when we die out here,
we just join the rest of the dust.

what do i say?
i laugh.
and then i tell it to them straight.

"i don't believe in belief."

189/500
Last edited by ford on Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ford ☆ he/they
thkalspfp
ford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fleurs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:43 am

Username + user ID: lillibeth,, + X
Kalon name: tapioca
Prompt response:
prophecies. being a seer has many rules, one of which is to obey any prophecies that come their way. tapioca, however, is different than other seers. he doesn't believe in prophecies, claims they are the gods' ways of sending panic down to the mainlands. wip with his brother being killed after tapioca gave him a prophecy and him realizing that being a seer is not all its cracked up to be.
fleurs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me