Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

shadow flit #53 - stagg stag

Postby Breado » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:32 am

edits wrote:fur
antlers
glow (on antlers)

x
WHAT IS A FLIT? wrote:Shadow Flitz (Singular; Shadow Flit) are a long bodies species that have long since lost their hind legs, tail, and eyes to the power of the shadow and have replaced them with mold-able wispy appendages. these large, friendly beasts have been recently tamed to be ridden by humans and anthros alike. They have large, wide front paws, long pointed ears, and short, smooth fur. They can be naturally found in dark caves, wetlands, or thick forests. however have also been spotted in pastures while hunting. They are carnivores- meaning they are only meant to eat meat and they often prey on birds, deer, rodents, and bats.

and my last one, ga#8!

inspired by this c:

i heard that this fella loves playing on an instrument!
what instrument is it? why does he like that specific instrument? tell me all about it!

you have 500 words max + one extra (optional) art piece!
(i'm gonna be mainly judging by the written part!)

ends: july 23. 23:59.
username:
name:
pronouns:
prompt: (max 500 words!)
------------------------
extra art:
can the winner use this art? (must fill in if you attach any art!)
Last edited by Breado on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: shadow flit #53 - stagg stag

Postby ethium » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am

username: ethium
      name: Donovan
      pronouns: he/him
      prompt:

Something about the sound had always drawn him, ever since he had watched his mother play for the first time. The way the notes smoothly slid off the strings and rose to the air, and the mood it summoned forth in response. The bow slid across the strings gracefully, like a silver swan gliding across a lake. In that moment it became clear to him why his mother loved the cello so much, and why he decided to take it up as she had. She taught him everything and more, delighted at his interest in something she held so dear. She shared her passion for strings with her son, and through the cello they both bonded. When she passed he played the cello at her funeral, a somber song that set the soft mood for the evening. For a while after her death, he wanted nothing to do with the precious instrument. But to forget the cello was to forget his mother, and so he played. He played, and he played, and he played for her memory. Hoping that she was smiling down on him somewhere above.

- [187 words] will probably add more later/revise it, just wanted to quick jot down my ideas
      ------------------------
      extra art: tba
      can the winner use this art? yeah sure!
FEEL THE FEAR, AND DO IT ANYWAY
sam - she/her - i write things sometimes
i'm into mythology, literature, & legos ──
───── stars - carrd - th - disc -> ethiium
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:42 am

mark
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envious. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:44 am

username: envious.
name: Moose
prompt:
Ever since Moose decided to join his school's marching band, he's been told that he chose the wrong instrument... the flute. It looked harmless to him, and it was absolutely fun to play. However, it was only fun to play if you knew how to play it. Moose's older brother, Zacharias warned him away from the flute, "Try to be part of the drumline? Everyone loves the drummers." Moose scoffed at him, "You're not even in band! You play the piano, so how do you know the flute isn't a good choice?"

Zacharias had been in the marching band. His first year he picked the flute. He loved how simple it looked, how it wasnt some big hunk of metal. It was small and appeared delicate. Zach had liked it's simple appearance. It wasn't flashy, and it would be easier to handle compared to other instruments. However, the instructor was rather... harsh on young Zach, "I was on the marching band, Moose." His voice was dangerously low, "I recommend that you choose a different weapon or choose a different musical group to join."

Moose huffed, "I've played the flute before! It's so serene and beautiful. It sounds like a call of a siren- just.. without the malevolent intent behind it." Zacharias felt envious. Moose was passionate about the flute, he played it almost every day. He was an amazing musician. He did agree, it was such a beautiful instrument, but it wasn't easy for everyone to learn. Zach had found that out when he tried his hand at playing it. While he was confident he could learn, the band instructor told him that he wouldn't be able to learn how to play it flawlessly in time for any home games or competitions. He didnt want Moose to go through the same experience.

"Then go ahead. Join the band and play your flute." Moose frowned at his brother, "I'll be fine, Zach." Perhaps his brother wasn't going to suffer the same fate he had. Zacharias sighed, "I'm sorry." Although his brother did make him upset, he couldn't hold a grudge against him when he was trying to help, "Thank you for looking out for me, but I need to do this. If I get laid off as a flute player, so be it- I'm not a toddler anymore! I need to handle things on my own now." Moose adored how his brother tried to look out for him, but sometimes he was just.. annoying.

Zacharias nodded, "You won't be laid off. You play the flute amazingly, and you're super passionate about it. The instructor will dig you." He offered a smile to his younger brother, who happily returned the smile, "Hey, do you want to come with me to my audition?" Zach shook his head, "The instructor sort of hates my guts ever since I left band to play the piano. I think it's best to not associate with me." Moose laughed, "Oh come on, she can't hate you that much!"

500/500 words
envious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Aight, this is now closed! I'll judge as soon as i can <3
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:35 am

hhhhhhhh i'm so so sorry for the late judging, but alas i have finally picked a winner!

envious. wrote:
username: envious.
name: Moose
prompt:
Ever since Moose [...] -snip-

congrats envious.! Moose is yours <3

i'd like to give a shoutout ethium; your entry is really well written imo, i really enjoyed reading it! ^^
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me