Postby vak » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:16 am

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Absence Remiss
    Barn Name: Baylor

Height: 15 hh
    Eye Color: Broken bottles (blind)
    Phenotype: Flaxen liver chestnut overo
    Genotype: ee | aa | ff | Oo
    Notes: This trotter displays a recessive trait, flaxen, and will only express it when bred to another flaxen expresser.
    This trotter cannot be bred to another overo.

contest wrote:oh no! this trotter is blind! but that doesn't seem to stop them! what is something they like to do, despite their blindness?

This trotter's competitionhas ended.
Last edited by vak on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: range trotter #098

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:58 am

Prompt: Baylor absolutely loves walking as far as he's able to into bodies of water, but his hooves still must be on the ground. Nobody is quite sure as to why he likes this, but the most tractable theory is how his body responds to the sensory input from the water. He's a very, very sensitive horse, thanks to lacking a rather important sense, and it shows in how responsive he is under saddle. He is a very good Dressage schooler for intermediate to advanced riders! And after every session, everyone knows his favorite way to cooldown isn't walking, but being allowed to take a dip into a once-decorative pond on the property. He's always supervised, for safety's sake, and on hot days the younger riders like to join him! He certainly doesn't mind the company, and it's a barrel of laughs when he bobs his head and splashes at anyone near enough to get wet.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwalker123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:29 am

Username: Starwalker123
Show Name:SW Heart Of Gold
Barn Name: Leo
Height:15 hands
Prompt: Leo loves to run and play with his BFF and pasture mate Duke. he acts as his eyes in the field. The people lined there field and near objects with gravel, and near the pound. This helps him to know where he is but it doesn't seem like it when he is galloping across the field to find his friend or at his side. They buck and rear and play fight.
Starwalker123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Username: blackhoeses
Show Name: Not A Quitter
Barn Name: Prince
Height: 15.2 hh
Prompt: Although Prince may be blind he loves to stop bulling weather it be human or horse. He dose his best to find a way to stop the bully and make friends with those that need it.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ range trotter #098 ] entry

Postby w0ah » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:33 am

username: w0ah
      show name: forest spirits
      barn name: wendigo 'wendi'
      height: 15.2 hh
      prompt: despite being blind, wendi loves riding along the trails surrounding her homestead, which is a feat many other horses lacking vision are too skittish to try-out. by putting to use her other keen senses, such as touch or smell, the mare has rather mastered the art of navigating these familiar routes. it's almost as though she enjoys putting her abilities to the test, her ears constantly perked and swiveling to-and-fro as she listens to the sounds of nature. even the feel of the dirt path below, well-trodden by other riders and hikers over the years, help her navigate with ease. she must also place her trust in the rider on her back, who will give direction when needed if she ever does stray from the path.

note: i know this is really late and past the end-date, but i thought i might as well try! if not, then please feel free to ignore this entry c:
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Winner!

Postby vak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:26 am

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Prompt: Baylor absolutely loves walking as far as he's able to into bodies of water, but his hooves still must be on the ground. Nobody is quite sure as to why he likes this, but the most tractable theory is how his body responds to the sensory input from the water. He's a very, very sensitive horse, thanks to lacking a rather important sense, and it shows in how responsive he is under saddle. He is a very good Dressage schooler for intermediate to advanced riders! And after every session, everyone knows his favorite way to cooldown isn't walking, but being allowed to take a dip into a once-decorative pond on the property. He's always supervised, for safety's sake, and on hot days the younger riders like to join him! He certainly doesn't mind the company, and it's a barrel of laughs when he bobs his head and splashes at anyone near enough to get wet.

I love everyone's entries, but this one really stuck with me, as I used to have an old man who did this! So congratsto hooves, and thank you so much for reminding me of the good times I had with the old man, smokey! (:
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me