boglin #356 - taro boba by veridian

Based on Click to view
Artist veridian [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

boglin #356 - taro boba

Postby veridian » Thu May 14, 2020 6:09 am

WRIGGLES AROUND ? my second adopt is ready to serve! based off taro milk bubble tea, my fave drink :3c
    [c] hair above shoulder

this is a free boggie, all you have to do to enter is write something about them! what are they like?
    1 extra is allowed, which can be 1 art or 200 extra words

please use this form when entering!
    Code: Select all
    username:
    bog name:
    prompt: (500 word maximum)

this'll end in 4 days, so sunday 17 may 11:59PM GMT time
    thank you!!
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: boglin #356 - taro boba

Postby sprinkleshake » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 am

mark!!!

i’m never coming back here
maybe someday to sell my pets
but otherwise im Gone byebye
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cred

sprinkleshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tcw » Thu May 14, 2020 6:24 am

user - akiren
    bog name - Rue
    prompt -
    Ever since Rue was in high school she had loved to work with kids- is what she would like to say. In actuality, Rue absolutely loathed working with others until she got into college. Following after her mother, she jumped between degrees so often it became a common question in her friend group what she was perusing that week.

Uncertain where her life would lead her, Rue finally landed into a teaching degree and quickly found herself enjoying the courses- especially when certain projects require a bit of on hand experience.
    Finally happy with how things were turning out for her, Rue charged forward and finished her degree and took up teaching at a preschool. Everything was calm for a few months, until the same dissatisfaction that plagued her through-out college came back full force.

Feeling another crisis creeping up her back, Rue quit her job and tried bouncing between casual 9 to 5s and internships to get a better taste of the workforce out there. Come time and time again, she always found herself thinking back on her few months as a teacher, and officially began looking for work in the area once more.

That's when she finally accepted the job as a high school teaching assistant, eventually leading her to finish her masters degree and being hired at the same high school. Finally feeling satisfied with her life, she took great pride in her work with the teens, eventually leading her to adopt a snip of her own.

After putting more work into the school, she was offered a position as the vice principle as the old principle and vice principle retired. Gratefully she accepted the position, and began working with the student body to better improve the school.
    [ "A miss guided supervision"]
    snip owned by me // snip owned by chamomile.
    ]
Last edited by tcw on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tcw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu May 14, 2020 9:29 am

username: rem sleep
      bog name: tiffany - often goes by tiff
      prompt:

"You said once that in high school I was really shy and quiet, and you felt almost bad for me. But what you didn't consider, is that I wasn't ever shy in the first place. I just didn't like anybody there."

Tiffany has always been someone who lives primarily in her own head, whether it's when she's at work making lattes, at her desk writing her dream novel or in her garden watering her sweet baby plants. She's imaginative, but isn't very good at finding words to quantify her thoughts or explain her ideas. She puzzles over words a lot, which is why her book is still a Frankenstein's monster of disconnected pages, sticky notes and highlighters. Tiff has spent her entire life trying to find someone who gets her, someone who- when she talks- they just understand. Her ideas and her disposition are odd, so others usually misinterpret her- and because of this trend, she often doesn't talk at all, because she gets frustrated when people miss her point- however that's not to say she doesn't want to share her mental world with everyone else, if that were the case she wouldn't have been struggling with this book for upwards of five years. She's still not sure she's found someone on her wavelength, but she continues to try anyway, even though talking to strangers is hard for her. Tiffi is a dreamer... and for the record, she also makes a mean macchiato.

While her hobbies are wholesome what with gardening and novel writing her fashion sense has always been edgy and punk, another thing which makes her seem unapproachable to people. She's the type to say black is her favorite color and to persist even when told it's technically a hue. She's just always been into a dark aesthetic, even though she loves vibrant colors-- she just doesn't feel she suits them well herself. This leads to a strange duality, as her house is decorated with colorful items and cutesy paraphernalia but her wardrobe is all black, and often with spikes. She doesn't mind this contrast, but does find some humor in it. She's a sucker for cutesy things- and her collection of them often comes as a total surprise to her friends because they only know her fashion-- and they're used to seeing her as a down-to-earth, mature and sarcastic person- so when they find she has a soft spot it's always a fun conversation.

Overall, Tiff is basically the edgy punk kid everyone knew in high school who grew up into a brooding barista by day and author by night who still sucks at expressing her feelings, even now that she's a young adult. She still loves a lot of the same silly things she did in high school, from the edgelord music to the gaudy spiked boots, the difference is that now she's found other people who share her interests and has gotten more comfortable being openly herself without worrying as much if people like it.

extra : linked for size! < 3
Last edited by rem sleep on Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri May 15, 2020 7:32 am

username: Griff
bog name: Violet
prompt:

Violet was the sort of boglin that many tended to write off as shy, too quiet, or withdrawn. But the truth was to those who got to know her, she was very much the opposite! A boglin who appreciates art in all of its form. she becomes very animated when she is creating. She can use just about any artistic medium, although her favorite is still traditional colored pencils or watercolors. She does not have a particular topic she enjoys, but rather likes to challenge herself and try to draw just about everything. But she also enjoys sculpting, singing, and even the fine art of drink making and baking! Yes she has tried to slip over the counter before to learn how they make the little heart swirls in coffee, or how the boba pearls stay intact so!

A kind, sweet, and actually very empathic boglin, Violet wants nothing more than to share her works, and hopefully enjoy the works of others in the process and learn more techniques!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby latebug » Fri May 15, 2020 8:29 am

username: Paperbagjuni
bog name: June
prompt: She is really fun 2 be around w! she always knows how 2 cheer people up even if it means sacrificing her wellbeing for it.
just.. the mom friend, rlly caring and thoughtful. She would probably spend days making a birthday present if she knew her friend would appreciate it. Loves movies n wants 2 be a film student,, probably watches anime too.

drew her bein an absolute ray of sunshine
might clean it up l8ter
latebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ewie* » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 pm

YOO
TARO BOBA IS THE B O M B
ewie*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsue » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Please judge this competition soon!
katsue
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veridian » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:38 am

hello!! super sorry for taking such a lomg time to judge this comp (im sorry katsue )😭😭 i took a lot of time to myself but without further ado, the winner of this bog is rem sleep! I really liked the idea you have for this kid :D
    Thank you all for entering!!
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

oh wow, thank you so much!! i was just having an awful day so this really made me smile, thank you so much! ; v ; im thrilled to have a bog based on my favorite drink of all time,,, thank you so so much qpple, im thrilled you liked my form < 3
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery