#804 by sprig

Based on Click to view
Artist sprig [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Postby sprig » Wed May 06, 2020 11:11 am

You can try for up to 2 of the milk cows, but can only win 1.

Edits
Hair (UC)
Mouth (C)
Unicorn (R)

Yellow milk!
For this boy, tell me his fondest memory. This can be from his childhood, or even something recent! Explain in 500 words or less.
* You may only apply if you own 2 or less bulls.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Collar Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

End date: May 10th
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #804

Postby Knickknacks » Wed May 06, 2020 11:41 am

Username: Knickknacks
Name: Gilbert- of german/norman origin, meaning "bright pledge."
Collar Color: one word: apples. do with this information what you will.
Prompt:
    "I bet you can't reach it."

"Sure I c- that is," Gilbert stammered. "I could if I wanted to, I promise you that. But it wouldn't be appropriate, seeing as my job is to tend these apples. Not pick them whenever I- or anyone else, for that matter, desires a snack. Away with you!" he declared this last bit rather dramatically, as though acting in a play. He held one hoof out in a shooing gesture.

"...right," Logan said, raising an eyebrow. A few steps beyond her, most of the others had gathered with a picnic lunch, congregating from where they had been working at various places around the farm. A low-hanging branch brushed against Gilbert's ears as he tossed his head importantly. Over Logan's shoulder, he saw Delphi hiding a grin, and snickers making their way around the gathering. Even the typically-deadpan Phoebe looked amused at the scene.

"So what you're saying," Logan said mock-thoughtfully, "is that you can't reach the apples."

"No!" Gilbert insisted. "Absolutely not! I'm saying that I see right through your ploy- you want me to pick an apple so you can have one. Simple as that. It's not harvest time for another week, and not a single apple is coming off these trees early- not on my watch." He stamped one front hoof importantly for emphasis, and tossed his head importantly.

His horn caught on that low hanging branch and-

-oh, no.

Logan burst out laughing. Gilbert sighed in defeat, well aware of how goofy he must look, with the apple that had just fallen and impaled itself on his horn.

"So... can I have that one?" Logan asked between her giggles. Gilbert couldn't help laughing, too. He strode past Logan, making his way toward the rest of the gathering, tilting his head upward to give him an air of gravity and dignity.

"Behold!" Logan said loudly, catching on. "The king approaches! Behold his crown!" Her voice caught on another laugh at the end.

Everyone else joined in, and though that particular moment was a bit embarrassing for Gilbert?

He couldn't help smiling. He knew it was mildly comical, and found it amusing himself.

He also remembered the kind, motherly smile on Beverly's face as she helped him remove the apple and clean off his horn, and the friendly shoulder nudge Logan gave him afterward, still laughing, and the kind smiles of the other assembled cows.

When he had taken this job to tend the orchards, he had expected coworkers- not friends. Not cows his own age he could laugh and joke with in addition to working alongside. In that moment, though, with an apple stuck to his horn and a circle of smiling new friends about him... he couldn't help feeling at home. The warmth of that day will forever remain fresh in his mind and dear to his heart.

And, in addition, he will forever be sure to watch his horn around apple trees. No need for a repeat.

[497 words]
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat May 09, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 am

Username: metanoia.
        Name: carlos
        Collar Color: artist's choice
        Prompt: - when he ran away from home and was raised by a herd of sheep, until his mother came to get him an hour later :rofl:
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Wed May 06, 2020 11:56 am

Username: Evils
Name: Hjalmar
Collar Color: artist choice but with butterflies! :D
Prompt:
Wip!
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Wed May 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Username: Joke's On You
Name: Helios
Collar Color: artist choice
Prompt:

It was October 31st, and Helios was extremely excited. It would be his very first Halloween! Since he was born, he had heard so many stories about different holidays that took place over the course of the year, but the one he was always stuck on was Halloween. This was the holiday that you could dress-up in any costume you wanted and go around to get some delicious sweet treats. All year long, Helios planned for that very moment when he would to experience his very own Halloween. Over the course of the year, he had planned over a dozen costumes. But only one costume stood out to him. The Triceratops costume.

Helios was born differently from many Buttermilks. He had one singular horn on the top of his head, which made him look more like a unicorn. He wanted to do something that would make use of his singular horn. He also wanted to be sure his costume was something he loved. And luckily for Helios, he LOVED dinosaurs in his youth. So as soon as he had the idea to make a costume based off a dinosaur, it was a done deal for him. He got to work right away by crafting the two remaining horns. One that would go on his nose and the other one that would be placed upon his head alongside his real horn. After the two remaining horns were complete, he then moved onto crafting the headpiece that he would wear, then a better tail for himself. At the end of everything, he had to make the most difficult decision: what colors to make the costume.

For hours on end, Helios sat around brainstorming what color Triceratops he wanted to be. But then it hit him, he didn't need to fit in and be a realistic looking Triceratops. He could just use the colors of his coat and be more unique! With that idea in mind, Helios got to work to completing his costume by adding color. It was hard work that took many days, but it was done by the time October 31st approached. And boy, was Helios excited to finally show off his costume to the world!

When six-o-clock hit on October 31st, Helios almost ran out of the barn without his treat bag because of how excited he was about others being able to see the Triceratops costume he made himself. All night long, Helios ran from house to house, collecting sweet treats. And with each sweet treat came another person who adored his costume and told him how adorable he was. It was a huge confidence boost to him. And when the day was over, Helios the 'triceratops' headed home, exhausted from the night he had. And his experience with his first Halloween turned out to be an amazing one. And as he continued to grow, whenever someone asked his fondest memory, he would answer with: "My first Halloween when I decided to dress as a Triceratops." [498/500]
Last edited by Joke's On You on Sun May 10, 2020 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Username: Areater
    Name: solidago
    Collar Color: artist's pick
    Prompt: solidago stumbled through the woods, feeling more alone than he ever had. it felt like ages since his barn burned down and he barely escaped with his life. long enough to reduce him to a scared shell of his former self. he realized now how sheltered he had been in his barn - out here, he felt so exposed. sleeping in the dirt, in the cold, afraid he'd wake up to being attacked - or worse, not wake up because the temperature dropped too low. he'd do anything for his cozy stall, his heated blanket, his friends. as he approached a clearing, he heard the laughter of calves. he hesitated, wondering if he should risk approaching - what if their mothers didn't take kindly to a stranger? but...it had been a while since he'd had any sort of interaction with another buttermilk. surely if he just grazed nearby, and didn't bother anyone...he hesitantly approached the clearing, his tail dipping slightly between his legs like a dog's might, his ears pinned back a little. there were two calves in the clearing - a golden heifer and a slightly younger, darker bull. the bull was counting while the heifer ran off to hide. he could see their mothers a little farther up, eyeing him hesitantly but not seeming to mind his presence much. he awkwardly smiled and grazed, unable to bring himself to talk to them. they quickly returned to talking to each other, paying him no mind. he felt weird and turned to leave when he suddenly saw a little head pop up beside him. "let me hide behind you!" she chirped, lying down in the grass behind him. he moved to block her form best he could, a small smile twitching on the corners of his lips, and watched as the bull announced, "ready or not, here i come!" he pranced around the field, peering behind trees and stomping around in the grass. then he looked up and gasped as he saw solidago for the first time. "a unicorn!" he chirruped. solidago, in his naivety, turned around to see if he could spot the mythical creature, accidentally revealing the calf hiding behind him. but the little bull didn't seem to be paying attention to her anymore. "mr. unicorn, can i have a wish?" he asked sheepishly. the heifer snickered, but seemed happy for the distraction as she snuck off to a new hiding spot. solidago's eyes widened as he realized he was talking to him. not wanting to disappoint the little guy, he nodded. he whispered in his ear his wish, and solidago chuckled as he whispered back. the little bull went charging towards a tree, where the heifer had hidden. "no fair, he told you!" she yelled as the bull cheered, convinced that unicorn magic had revealed her location to him. solidago smiled at the scene before slipping away to preserve the "mysterious unicorn" fantasy, feeling a twinge of happiness in his soul that hadn't been there before. [495 words]
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed May 06, 2020 3:52 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
    Name: Aurum
    Collar Color: Surprise me
    Prompt:
      Aurum used to be rather quick tempered, he was easy to provoke and quick to react. The bull is known to be rather reckless at times. One such occasion was when he was still an adolescent. Aurum was always that rebellious child and in his teen years, he still was. His fondest memory wasn’t the most pleasant but it taught him a lesson.

The herd was grazing as usual and Aurum was grazing some distance away from the other buttermilks his age. A pair of them started to gossip about him. Talking about his weird horn, his attitude and how he probably thinks he was just too good for everyone. Aurum heard it and wasn’t pleased. He retorted back but the two continued giving him snide remarks. The bull couldn’t take it anymore and charged at them. One of them was worried but the other had a smug look on him. He whispered something to the other bull and the other laughed and nodded.

Aurum charged at them, head low and horn out. However, the two swiftly dodged his horn. Aurum wasn’t able to stop his momentum in time and charged right into a tree. His horn had pierced right through, causing him to get stuck. Try as he might, he wasn’t able to pull himself free. The other two bulls started crying from laughing so hard. Aurum was livid and embarrassed. Eventually, the commotion caught the attention of the other buttermilks in the herd and some had to hold back their laughter. Aurum’s mother just chuckled and approached her rebellious son, helping to dislodge him. She was calm in her approach, telling him to breathe and calm down as she slowly tried to ease his horn out of the trunk.

With a final pull, Aurum rolled back from the force, free from the tree. He was significantly calmer.

“Now, I hope that taught you a thing or two.” His mother chuckled.

It definitely did. Aurum has mellowed our more as he got older. Looking back, he would still cringe but it has become one of the special memories he would keep. Even he would chuckle a bit thinking about it. It was definitely one of his fondest memory when he was younger.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Wed May 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Username: drift.
Name: Lemon
Collar Color:
Prompt:
A small bright-furred bull dipped his head to peer into a bubbling creek.
A group of silvery minnows darted past, splashing droplets up and onto his nose.
He watched them disappear around the curve, a sparkle lit in his eyes. Today
was more than nice, it was grand. The middle of May always proceeded the
nicest weather, with the loveliest flowers and animals to busy the time watching.
"I could stay like this all year." a short sigh flattened the grass infront of him as he
pushed his body up and lengthened his neck in a stretch. A cheery smile had replaced the
short-lived frown as he lumbered back up the slope to the grazing meadows. Lemon halted
at the peak, a new, silvery pelt catching his gaze as he watched curiously. The newcomer,
who was also staring back, finally ended the silence by flicking their tail and belting out a
soft greeting. Nervously, Lemon made his way down to see the bovine, hoping it wasn't another
cow- they were growing steadily in numbers lately. Much to his surprise, it turned out to be
a bull.. A good looking one, he may even say. His body was a marbled pale gray and white, with
olive eyes and a tuft of white hair that decorate his forehead down past his eyes.
"I apologize for invading your space like this- I thought I had smelled someone else, but I
was just so hungry, haha-"
his voice was just as he expected; calm, soft, and velvety.
He sounded foreign. Maybe Dutch. But it was charming nevertheless.
"My name's Jasper." he broke through Lemon's irrational thoughts and the bull
ducked his head sheepishly, "Right, sorry. I'm Lemon!" Jasper had tilted his
head to the side and was grinning impishly, "That's a cute name. Fitting."
The yellow bull paled, his face heating as his new friend laughed breathlessly and nudged
his nose into Lemon's side. "We should come down here to hang out more often."
"y-yeah.. we should"
Last edited by drift. on Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Wed May 06, 2020 5:44 pm

u s e r n a m e
Ravendarus

n a m e
Brynhild

g e n d e r
Bull

c o l l a r
Artist Choice

p r o m p t
A glorious blaze broke across the field as he raced through the tall grass like a streak of lightning. He wanted nothing more to be the bravest, strongest and fastest bull on the farm and though he had only been a colt at the time he was certainly speedy for his age. He was determined to protect his farm like his father had always done and his father before him. It was a tradition that the bull stand guard and keep everyone safe, but at the time he didn't know exactly what he was supposed to be protecting it from.

Looking back at that moment he really wished he could go back time and do it all over again, something about how innocent he had once been reflected on his future, it modeled him into the strong bull he is. His fondest memory was that day he had been racing through the field, he ran into the field not really thinking about it, it had been getting late the sun barely peeked over the mountains near their home anymore which meant it would be night soon enough. His gaze trailed down the line hearing his father's voice call into the distance asking him to return him. He hesitated because he wanted to race the sun to the very edge of the field, what he didn't know was what was waiting for him on the other side of the mossy covered stone wall. He bolted across the field moving with the fading sun as he raced it down the line, every hoof step that clattered against the stones as he got closed to the path and the wall.

He drew in a breath as he gave it everything he had and threw himself over the wall only to come face to face with a wolf who was heading towards the farm, it snarled and snapped it's jaws at him causing him to cry out in surprise and back into the wall, he had nowhere to run, he closed his eyes and looked away from the maws of the vicious beast that was about to chomp down when his father flew over the wall and pulled his horn under the wolf and threw it over his head into the forest across the stream, he gave a heavy snort and watched as the frightened mutt yelped and ran off with its tail between his legs. "Brynhild... I told you to return home." he said with a gruff tone. "I-I'm sorry Dad..." Brynhild mumbled softly as he gazed up at his father. His father did not say another word, instead, he scooped up the young calf onto his head and ran home with him. Brynhild perked his ears surprised and relaxed holding his head high as he closed his eyes feeling the breeze caresses his face like a kiss from the sun.

This moment with his father is one he will always cherish it is his fondest memory he will never forget.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DigitalLinx » Wed May 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Username: JinxedStudios
Name: Solious
Collar Color: White with small golden dots
Prompt:
Solious was about to pass out. What if no one on the farm liked him? What if they bullied him? Sol's head was rushing with thoughts until he felt the trailer stop. He started to pace, only to bolt out of the trailer when the door opened. He had his eyes closed as he ran. After he stopped, he opened his eyes a tiny bit. Sol was greeted by lush green grass and tons (and he means tons) of sunflowers. Sol smiled a bit, remembering his mother, who ironically was named Sunflower.
Sol trotted over to one of the big flowers, nudging it slightly with his horn. It swayed a bit before going still again. Sol felt his heart become warm. "Hey! You there!" A voice called from behind him. Sol swerved around, only to be faced with a small... cow? To Sol, it just looked like a tiny puffball with legs. He tried to keep himself from laughing at the fact he got scared of this tiny thing. "Welcome to the Estate, I'm Snowball." The bull greeted, looking Sol dead in the eye. "Make yourself at home, but don't be doing anything stupid," Snowball said sternly before walking off. Sol has learned that this tiny bull named Snowball, is the leader of the bull herd.
(Aka he knows that Snowball would kick his butt if he did anything dumb)

Edit: The reason it's a fond memory is because Snowball ended up becoming his best friend!
Last edited by DigitalLinx on Thu May 07, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Good Memory? What's That?"
TheDigitalLinx/DVTProject
No Longer Active!

If you need to contact me, please reach me on either Discord or dA!
Disc: DigitalLinx#6169
dA: DVTProject
Image[/center]
DigitalLinx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me