RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ CLOSED ] by Venatici

Based on Click to view
Artist Venatici [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ CLOSED ]

Postby Venatici » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:18 am

Traditionally, it seems valentines day is reserved for romance... but what about another type of love, through friendship?

---

Walking in to the very warm, welcoming building, you are suddenly rushed with noise. A lot of noise.

Greeted with radiating bright orange eyes, there are... animals crowding the room, running over frantic attendants and enthralled volunteers. It is incredibly hectic in here, sounds flooding the room and (rather unfortunately) your eardrums from all the chaos. Seems like saying they are busy is an understatement. There is a young adult who has a bunch of birds (and a... very big crow?) surrounding him on the floor; a very scary, short man who is standing by the desk seems to be having a stare-off with a dog who has a toilet paper roll in her mouth; a priestly man is sitting on the floor covered in a bunch of kittens, and despite the bandana covering his mouth, it looks like he's seen some things.

And then... there is the counter in the middle of the room. A man with visible teeth poking out from his mouth gives you an anxious smile, sitting behind the desk. He has a bird clinging off his short, buzzed hair, and as you approach closer to figure out just... what... is happening here, you see that there is a sleeping kitten on this dinosaur's lap. Peering, you notice his name tag on his floral shirt says "Daniel Vans". As you look a little closer at him, it seems like he is just... a very, very nervous fellow, and that he probably is the definition for 'I'm here just for the animals. I don't like people'. It also seems he can figure out why you are here, and given the confused look on your face, he provides an explanation.

"Hello... we have a lot of animals around valentines... many wolves find they want to add another member to their family around this date... so we try our best to help find the best homes for animals who do not have one."

Seems honorable enough: there certainly are a LOT of animals here.

"Would you be interested in fostering one?" Daniel pauses. "We have a lot on our hands here... maybe you can help give an animal some love before they go off to their forever home?"

As he says this, you feel a bit of a twinge in your heart. Maybe you should help out...

---

Welcome to the 2020 RPW Valentines event! Around this time of year there are a lot of animals that need homes: from being given back to a shelter after being Christmas gifts, from unwanted litters, from being rescued from the extreme hot / colds, and everything in between...

More about fostering wrote:Fostering requires a lot of work and dedication: as such, this is a prompt based booth! Every day you will be given a prompt to go along to, in order to take care of your foster pet! Every time you answer a prompt, the foster gets a little bit closer to being able to be rehomed. If you are able to successfully adopt out your foster, then at the end of the event you might just get a very special reward! You will, every day, receive compensation for your fostering as a "thank you" from Daniel and the rest of the adoption team: but would it not be a reward in of itself to see your foster grow?

Please note that all the fosters will be different: if you choose to take on this task, then know you might get an usual animal, or a newborn that is a runt of the litter, or maybe even an animal who has trauma and needs to be taught how to love again.

Embrace the spirit of love and give these animals all the love you have got!
Last edited by Venatici on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fostering Papers

Postby Venatici » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:19 am

So you are interested? Great!

Rules for Fostering wrote:You can choose to foster at any time, but know you can only get the end reward if you complete all the prompts!

To make sure you are properly taking care of your new friend, your prompt responses must at least be 200 words [subject to change] or a cleanly lined piece [no color required]. The prompt may be in any sort of style: you could talk from your rpw's perspective, or say your own thoughts about how your rpw would act, or be abstract. If you are unsure if something would work, always feel free to contact me!

Additionally, every day there will be a "parent of the day" award given out: two people will be chosen, one in the writing category and one in the art category. So, try your best!

Prompts will be posted a day in advance: rollover is at 12:01pm EST, so as soon as rollover happens, you are welcome to post the prompt for that day!

If you start the prompts late, you must start from prompt one, go on to prompt two, etc... Meaning you cannot skip prompts, and you may only do one prompt a day! (Meaning if you start a day late, you will automatically be one prompt behind, and cannot do two prompts in a day to catch up).

Remember to do your prompts with love!

Interested in fostering? Here is the initial form:

Code: Select all
      Username ;;
      RPW Being Used ;;
      Why are you applying / why would you be a good foster ;;

Day 1 Prompt [included in starting form];
      Why are you applying / why would you be a good foster?

After that, use this form for the daily prompts ;; '

Code: Select all
      Username ;;
      RPW Being Used ;; [must be the same as the starting form! - if you do NOT have an rpw, you may use another user's RPW with permission or use your own out of species oc!]
      Prompt number ;;
      Prompt for the day ;;

Day 2 Prompt ;;
      How do you react to the foster you were given?

Day 3 Prompt ;;

Hopefully your foster has calmed down a bit - how do you work on getting them to trust you more, and make them comfortable in their new home?

Day 4 Prompt ;;
      Are there any challenges you are running into with your foster? If so, how do you work on addressing taking care of their needs?
Last edited by Venatici on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Results

Postby Venatici » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:20 am

As mentioned, every day there will be a "parent of the day" award. Check the bulletin here to see the past results!

Day one: Lycan Lowell
      Day two: Lycan Lowell

Last edited by Venatici on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ CLOSED ]

Postby Venatici » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

this booth will automatically open at booth rollover (12:01pm EST) today, so feel free to post any forms after that! :>
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ OPEN ]

Postby Venatici » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:50 am

since no forms were posted, today is going to restart and go at prompt one.

additionally, due to the length of this event, it will be broken into three parts: meaning each round of the prompts will go for 7 days, so that if you miss a day, you have two more rounds to participate where you have the chance to get the end game reward!

if yall have any questions please let me know :3c
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:52 am

username;; ~prophecy~
    rpw being used;;
    cherish
    why are you applying/why would you be a good foster;;
    β€œto be perfectly honest i am not, and have never been, someone who enjoys getting close to others or attached to anyone. i exist solely for the purpose of completing my assigned duties and no more, so my life has not even allowed for me to develop many relations to other wolves or any other creatures, if i actually wanted that. i will say that i do have those β€˜maternal instincts’ one needs to be a proper parent, and lately i’ve had quite the amount of free time, so perhaps its time for a change. my job centers around taking care of other wolves, from a distance that is, so maybe some paws on experience would be good for both me and my work.”

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage Β» orb cat storage Β» deviantart Β» toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RPWFS - Foster a Friend [ CLOSED ]

Postby Firedancer77 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:17 am

Username ;; Firedancer77
RPW Being Used ;; Charrus
Why are you applying / why would you be a good foster ;; Charrus is applying because he actually owns a farm, allowing him to have plenty of room to take care of animals. He has several cats as it is, as well as some sheep and goats, but would love to also be able to support other animals that are searching for their forever home. He is trying to ignore the fact that, more than likely, whatever animal he takes in could end up as a foster failure because he falls in love with them before someone else can adopt them. Still, it's a risk Charrus intends to take, so long as he is accepted. His farm means any animal he fosters will have plenty of room to play, whether they need to be kept inside or outside, and since his cousin Caramel and his adoptive daughter Mire live with him, there is always likely to be someone who can spend time with the animal, if they are a more social creature. And if a rainbow paint wolf isn't free to play or spend time with them, well, there are plenty of animals to try and engage with. They all have plenty of personality, and if they don't get along with the foster, well, there's plenty of space to keep them apart. Most importantly, Charrus adores animals as a whole. Owning animals has become one of his favorite parts of running a farm, but he has found himself adoring animals of all kinds, not just farm animals, and pours over books from Kermit's library (when he has the time) to find out more information about different kinds. He wants to take care of as many as possible, and he will make every effort to do so. Fostering is just one of the ways he can help.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyWishes21 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 am

Username ;; SkyWishes21
RPW Being Used ;; Lycan Lowell
Despite having a day job, Lycan is always very close to home. His home is literally a long driveway away from his side-of-the road space museum after all. He is almost never particularly far away from home. When he is gone, Lycan also has two husbands who are almost as patient as he is who are generally at home. They also have one other pet, a cuddlebug named Nagi, who is good with other animals.

Lycan also has plenty of experience fostering. Although not from this particular organization yet, Lycan has taken in quite a few creatures in search of a forever home. There’s a running joke that his museum also doubles as an adoption agency, although he’s not about to adopt out to any random passerby. He’s very particular about who gets to take home his fosters, especially ones who came from rougher backgrounds.

When it comes down to it, Lycan is extremely good with animals. Though he’s decent with people, he works a lot better with creatures who need his help than with most folks. It’s a lot easier to understand how animals work than people. Plus, he just loves animals so much! He wants to do his part to make sure they all have good lives.
planet || whatever pronouns man || hi im back ig. what's up
SkyWishes21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:46 am

Username ;; Queen Vivane
RPW Being Used ;; Goosie
Originally being a goose he has some sort of strange affection for the animals in the world around him. Goosie has plenty of free time and usually uses it to work on his garden or social skills.

His garden is large and free from pesticides. As he makes it as friendly as possible for creatures to act out their natural order. Goosie feels fostering could be a good experience as he has read many a good natured story about fostered animals. Fostering would be something entirely new as all Goosie has ever really taken care of is himself and more recently his plants.

His home is located in a quiet village full of kind folk who are always willing to assist should some need it. While his house may not be a large country mansion, it is warm and safe. Protected from the worst of the elements by a large stone wall. Plenty of room for more than one inhabitant while not bearing the possibility of getting lost.

Goosie is a good egg, looking to give his love to someone that might need it. He understands that things won't magically go perfectly but he wants to try giving it a go anyway.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:17 pm

Username ;; shrillkrill
RPW Being Used ;; Pesticide
Don't let her name fool you; Pesticide is a positive and lively presence. While she's not always the most patient, and can tend to be rather impulsive, that might be an asset here as she has no reservations about signing up! What she lacks in experience, she makes up for in enthusiasm. Cider jumps into new projects with both feet, and she's no quitter! She loves the library, so she's ready to spring into action and read all about the proper care for her new friend. Cider loves trying new things, and fostering an animal is certainly new to her!
Cider is eager to foster. Having a freelance job, she'll be able to spend plenty of time at home, learning the ins and outs of her foster's personality. You can be sure that regardless of how strange her new foster pet looks, she can't be scared off. She looks a little strange herself, and she knows her appearance can be a little off-putting at first. Still, she hopes that any foster animal will look past it and feel comfortable getting to know her! She's a little lonely, so any company will certainly be welcomed. Quiet, noisy, active, sleepy - Cider is ready for anything! At least, she hopes so...
Rhea / it/they/she / adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
x
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me