Re: [Staff Kalon] ━ Sweet Crêpe

Postby Psychxpath! » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 am

--
Last edited by Psychxpath! on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

░░░░░
█████

𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙎
▰ ▰ ▰

Gore/Pup
He/Him
GhostFace Simp
█████
██

█████
█████
═════

MAKE
───┐
└───
x

─── 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴!─────────
███████
███████
███████ ██
𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴
┌───┐

└───┘

═════MORE
CREATIVE !

Psychxpath!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 pm

username: planiteri • kalon name: Vera
prompt:

He was unforgettable.

Not for the way he looked, nor the clothes he wore, nor the way he talked or the way he walked. He was unforgettable in the same was he was forgettable. He didn't exist.

At least, he didn't exist on paper, nor was he a trick of the light. Tangible. But it seemed that no one had ever heard of him and if they had it was through a series of Chinese whispers as if he himself was taboo. Someone to never mention out loud for fear. Of what exactly? Vera hadn't the slightest of clues.

-♡-

Rain bucketed down, a cloak of water obscuring the vision of anyone who tried to make out anything. Wind rattling windows and flags, but there on the bridge between two towns sat a man. Seemingly unphased by the weather around him as he sat on the rails, looking out over the water to the river below. Clothing drenched, hair flattened. Vera stood confused, umbrella lost to the wind. Boots and a raincoat protecting them from the rain, eyeing up the mysterious figure.

Slowly they walked over, touching the man's shoulder and watching as he turned, eyes vibrant and wide in contrast to the world around him. A wide smile spread across his face. Head tipping slightly off-center.

"Hello, hello. What fine weather we're having today. Don't you agree?" He mused.
      "Actually, I think I prefer the sun, the rain makes it really hard to get home," Vera explained, pushing their voice just a little to speak over the noise of the downpour.

The man's smile dropped, hand moving to his face as if deep in thought. Gently tapping his nose with his index finger as he did so before returning back with a smile.

"I see, I see! You live in the neighboring town. Heavy rain makes it hard to cross the bridge. Why don't you just ask for it to stop?"

Vera inhaled deeply, arms crossing over their chest to retain any heat left in their body. Ask for it to stop? Sure. They'd ask for it to stop. As if it would. The man looked expectant, even turning to get off the railing of the bridge. Inhaling deeply Vera turned to look at the sky.

"Could you please stop so that I can get home?"

It didn't stop. Head tipping back down with slight annoyance only to find the strange man had gone. Maybe he had done it for a laugh, or out of curiosity to see how gullible a stranger could be. Looking up and down the bridge revealed nothing, he had truly disappeared.

Walking across the remainder of the bridge, it wasn't until the reached the end that the rain began to lift. Refusing the urge to look back to where the man had sat, they walked home. Confused and intrigued by the individual they had met.

-♡-

"No one has seen him before. No one's even heard of him."
      "What's his name."
      "I don't know, I didn't ask. He was a weirdo on a bridge who told me to ask the rain to stop." Vera huffed, smiling softly as Mari giggled. Vera taking soft sips from their hot chocolate as they looked outside. It was raining again, the cafe was much better than being outside for sure.

"Well, I need to go." Mari hummed, standing up from her chair. "Good luck with your mystery guy. Let me know if you meet him again He sounds like quite a character."
      "I hope I don't. It was so weird."

Mari shrugged, pulling their jacket around themselves before leaving. Vera waving her off with a smile as she braved the weather outside. She lived quite close, she wouldn't be out in the rain for long. Settling back down and taking another sip of the hot chocolate, inhaling deeply as they settled comfortably into the warmth.

"My name's Boa."

Vera's eyes shot open. Looking at the man in front of them. Boa. His name was Boa. Alright, that was something. At the very least that was something.

"Why are you here?"
      "I like it here."
      "Why does no one know who you are?"
      "I don't know."

Vera inhaled deeply, looking around the cafe before back to the man.

"Would you like a drink?"

-♡-

Rain. Twirling the umbrella in their hand slowly, looking out over the street watching the water slowly trickle over windows and pavement.

"Who are you Boa?" They muttered softly, turning to be greeted by those bright eyes once again. "Why do you only appear when it rains? How do you just appear from nowhere? Why does no one know who you are?"

Boa hummed, moving to stand in the middle of the road, jumping from puddle to puddle. Letting the water run over themselves like the first time they had met, hair flat and sticking to their face, a grin on their lips. Hiding a secret behind a friendly demeanor. Vera folded the umbrella, rain fell, flattening their hair and drenching their clothes as they followed the man into the road to jump between puddles.

"Who knows." Boa muttered, turning to face Vera, making her freeze in her tracks. A shrill beep rang out into the street, Vera startling to run back to the safety of the pathway just as a car zoomed through the road, splashing the water up against them. Chest rising and falling rapidly as with wide eyes they turned to look across the road to where Boa was.

Gone.

Inhaling deeply, Vera hummed. Swinging the closed umbrella around her hand as they made their way home for the night.

-♡-

Boa never showed again. Sometimes Vera can swear they see him, but it never is.
      But those memories would be theirs forever, a mysterious man who showed up only when it was raining.
      He was unforgettable.
Last edited by khvoxtic on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 pm

username: NightMareRose
kalon name: Berri
prompt:

Her mother was a soft kal, softer than any other ever was. While Berri only has one memory of her, she'll never forget it, not in a million life times. Not even her amnesia seemed to be capable of removing this memory.

She was just little when it happened. Every face besides her mother's where blurs. They seemed to be in a hospital, everything was white and her mother was cooing a lullaby to her. Berri recalled a distinct sting in her rear left leg. The doctors had given her a shot and she was so scared that she ran into her mother's outstretched paws amd never wanted to leave them again.
extra: Playlist!
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magnapinna » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:29 am

username: keiikoa !
kalon name: selik
prompt: tbd
extra: (opt)

-pfp by lifora
magnapinna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova Nightshade » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:48 am

username: ShadowWolf210
kalon name: Chandler
prompt:

The one thing that was unforgivable to Chandler is being lied to. The reason being is that he grew up with friends lying to him left and right which always left him hurt and broken. He was a really quiet but a nice Kalon who would always help other in need that being said he was also a bit of a perfectionist. He felt that he always had to get everything right and always made sure that the customers orders were perfect. He worked inside of a small cafè called cafè Wonders that always got a lot of business during the cold season of the year.

Chandler sighed as he put his ear buds in listening to Mr. Brightside as he got ready for work. "Here goes another day. I hope today will be good." He said softly as he headed out the door of his house and walked down to the cafè since it was only a couple of blocks away. He always made this a habit of his because he enjoyed watching the sun set as he walked to work.

After about ten minutes he stood in front of the cafè with a small smile before walking inside to be hit with the wonderfully delicious smells of coffees and desserts. "Mmm~ One can never get use to these smells." He said as he smiled and pulled his ear buds out and hugged his friend. She was a bit shorter than him and although he'd tease her about it she always made sure to get him back for it. "Hello Chandler you seem happy today." She said as she hugged him back before letting him go. "Well yeah because I get to work with my most amazing short friend Stella." He teased as he chuckled a bit and tired to move away from her. However she prevented him from doing so and pinched him as she looked at him a bit annoyed. "How many times do we have to go through this? I'm not short! I'm average size! You're just an apple tree." She huffed as she frowned at him. "Oww! Hey I was only playing around your size makes you look adorable." He said as he smiled watching her get flustered before she decided to walk away ignoring him. He chuckled and shook his head as he walked into the back room to get changed into his work outfit.

Once he finished he came out and headed out into the main room as he opened up the doors to allow customers to come in. He greeted each one and seated them down at each table as he wrote down their orders and headed into the kitchen. "Alright everyone we have a lot of orders to fill so let's all start them." He said as he started to make various desserts and drinks with the others. Shortly after they finished he went out with Stella and handed orders to some of the customers in which they smiled and lit up once they saw their order. "You see Stella? This is what makes me happy. Just seeing their happy faces is what makes my day." He said happily as he looked over at her and she smiled and nodded. "This makes me happy too but they wouldn't be as happy if you weren't here. Everyone loves your desserts. Do you think you can teach me how to make them like you do?" She said as she looked at him. "If you'd like to learn how to I'll teach you some time but everyone food tastes differently remember that. Because not everyone cooks the same." He said as he patted her head and went back into the kitchen to have a nice hot cup of cocoa.

He hummed softly to himself as he walked into the break room and sat down in his favorite chair as he placed a small box of macaroons and his cocoa. Stella walked in with a small peppermint mocha and sat down next to him as she sighed softly. "At least we get short breaks here and there." She said as she sipped her drink and looked at him noticing the box. "What's in the box?" She questioned as he opened up and he smiled as he stared down at the contents within it. "It's a couple of the new macaroons I made would you like one?" He offered as he gently pushed the box in front of her. She curiously looked over each one noting the unusal coloration of them and picked one up. "Well these certainly look...different." She said as she popped it into her mouth and purred happily at the delicious and refreshing taste. "Oh wow! These taste amazing Chandler!" She said as she pushed the box back over to him. He smiled proudly as he picked one up and ate it. "Of course they do~ I wouldn't make anything that would taste terrible. I was thinking of calling it Chandler's Special. What do you think Stell?" He said as he took a couple of sips of his cocoa. She nodded as her eyes sparkled brightly at the thought of another new dessert added. "It sounds wonderful! Keep up the good work Chandler if you keep going on like this who knows what new flavors and desserts you'll come up with." She said as she leaned over and took another macaroon and ate it before finishing her drink. "I'll go check and see if we have more customers I'll see you shortly." She said as she walked out of the room and he continued to eat the macaroons until he finished them and finished his cocoa. "All done~" He said as he cleaned up after himself and left the break room to get back to work.
Nova Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby symmetra » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:31 pm

username: symmetra
kalon name: sierra
prompt: (down below)
extra:

i saw it there,
    xxxxxxxout in the mountains.
It was just supposed to be a normal camping trip to the mountain outside of town- just a normal way for a girl to unwind after an abnormally rough work week. This whole month had been a total wreck for her. From work stress, to family stress, to almost losing her second job, she felt like she deserved some time off for herself. She had the entire long weekend free, and decided to use it to enjoy some nature. She totally adored the way the hills looked with a blanket of snow covering them, and was excited to see them glisten in the morning light.

The plan was simple:

Spend Friday travelling there, and sleep overnight.
Saturday would be for exploring and having fun,
and Sunday would be for packing up and coming home

Friday went as smooth as it could have, but Saturday afternoon her adventurous spirit saw her wander too far off the trail, and she found herself very, very lost. She hiked through the hills, hoping that she would see the trail again soon, knowing very surely that since it was on a lower point than she was currently, that she would be able to see it with a good vantage point. She turned to look over the mountain and began backing up slowly, all she needed was one good view to-

She tumbled down a hole in the floor and saw the light quickly disappear behind her. She had fallen down an opening into the mountain, and she found herself in a massive cave system. She tried desperately to crawl back out the way she came, pawing at the cool ice walls and trying to use the frozen snow as a grip, but wasn't making any progress. She gulped, nervous, and decided to move on. She swore she saw light coming from up ahead, and hoped that mayhaps there was another exit?

She wandered through the cavern, slowly, trying not to make too much noise in case there was something else in there with her.

There was.

Up ahead, frozen within the massive sheet of ice that acted as the wall of the cave, was the skeleton of some beast she had never seen before. Judging by how far it was under the ice, and by how strange it looked, she guessed that it must have been there for quite some time. How did it get here, where could it be from?

She didn't have a camera on her, or a sketch-pad, or anything that could have helped preserve the sight of it, but it was absolutely breathtaking (and a tad unnerving). She moved closer to better observe the display in front of her, and saw a small ray of light illuminating the ice. There was a small tunnel back out into the hills, and she was just able to squeeze through. It exited out onto a cliff, and she was able to see the campsite from that position.

She's come into the mountains multiple times after that day, but hasn't been able to find that cave since. She swears that what she saw that day was real, and is willing to do whatever it takes to prove it.
ImageImage

matt / grown up
i have NOT abandoned this site,
i'll just be slow for a little while longer.
symmetra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:39 am

username: Broccoli_Bento

kalon name: Kristen

(Sorry if the writing looks funny, especially towards the end. I didn't have enough time to touch it up)

prompt:

The most unforgettable thing to happen to Kristen was the week her potential soulmate walked into her life, with the same strawberry mark on his cheek as the one on hers.

- - -

- December 6th -

Kristen's phone rang with her friend Lonnie's picture displayed on it.
"Huh? What time is i-"
She reached out her arm for the phone, but fell out of the bed, "ack!" she exclaimed.
The phone still ringing, she swung her paw over the edge of the nightstand, grasping the phone and answering it whilst still being on the floor.
"Hello?"
"Chris! It's 12:30, where are you!?"
"I just woke up... did you say it was 12:30?"
"Yeah, you need to get down here immediately. I can only stall and make excuses for so long. If the manager asks, you were sick this morning but are feeling better." Lonnie hung up.
"Hm... yeah, I'll be righ- 12:30!?" She jumped to her feet upon the realization of her sleeping in, and quickly got dressed and ran out the door without having breakfast.

She made it to Kafé Klementine and swung the door open while trying to catch her breath.
"There you are. What took you so long?" Lonnie warningly jabbed.
"I.. huff... ran here... huff..." Kristen dragged herself behind the counter as she spoke.
"What was wrong with your car?"
Kristen stopped and stared off, realizing she forgot she even had a car.
Lonnie sighed, "I swear, one of these days Mrs. Ramsey isn't gonna cut you any slack for being late. Now you're gonna have to add yet another reason for being even later..."
"I'm sorry you have to keep covering for me. How can I make it up to you?"
"Maybe come in on time for the rest of the month... and buy me a muffin."

Kristen sighed as she put her hat on backwards, "Fine, I'll do my best. Now, what kind would you like?"

- - -

- The two went on about their work for the next few hours -

Ding~ dong~
Three kalons walked in and sat down at a table near the counter.
"What can I get for you?" Lonnie asked the group.
"I'll take a caramel macchiato and a croissant..."

Ding~ dong~
A male kalon with stylish blonde hair and beautiful eyes walked in and up to the counter with Kirsten not even looking up from what she was doing.
"Hi, and what can I do for you today?"
"Hm... what's today's special?" He said with a gentle tone.
"For today... it's the white chocolate peppermint mocha."
Kristen still didn't look at him as she spoke.
"I think I'll pass for today, but I will take a large gingerbread latte and a blueberry muffin please."
"Would you like that iced or..." She finally looked up at him and froze when she saw a strawberry mark on his cheek. "Strawberry?"
"Strawberry? Do you guys still have strawberry muffins? Either way I'd prefer my muffin to be blueberry. As for my latte, I'd like it hot, so not iced."
"Uh huh... and what name will this be for?" She continued staring at him as he seemed to almost sparkle.
"Cooper, and what will this cost?" He said as he opened his wallet.
Kirsten finally managed to break from her daze, just in time to hear his question. "Oh uh, that'll be $4.26 for the drink and $1.46 for the muffin, bringing your total to $5.72!"
"Here's $6.00, keep the change. I'll just go take a seat while I wait." He walked away and joined the group of three kalons as it turned out that they were friends.
"Okay..." She watched him as he left the counter.
Lonnie gasped and put her paw over her mouth as she passed Cooper, "Kris, Kris! I think that guy is your soulmate!"
"Huh, wha- oh, him? Sorry Lonnie, but you know I don't believe in soulmate marks." She lowered her gaze at the brewing station.
Lonnie pulled Kristen down and they crouched behind the counter and peered over at Cooper's table. "I know you don't believe it, but you've got to consider the possibility that it could be true! Remember my cousin Marnie? She found her soulmate because of soulmate marks, so it could happen to you too!" She whispered loudly.
"This is ridiculous, Lonnie. Why are we even talking about this!?"
Just then Cooper heard them whispering and turned around. When he made eye contact with them he smiled and waved, making both of them shoot up. Lonnie waved back with an awkward smile.
The girls turned around and began to work on the orders.
"He's so pretty! Are you sure you don't think he could be your soulmate?"
"I'm pretty sure... I mean just because he's got a strawberry on his cheek doesn't mean anything to me. What about his personality or his interests? That's the kind of stuff I'm honestly interested in."
Lonnie looked over at Cooper, "I guess you're right that you might need more evidence than just a strawberry mark. I mean, all kinds of people might have a strawberry mark, but similar interests would be better proof."
"Exactly." Kristen said, barely paying attention to Lonnie.
Lonnie placed the blueberry muffin on a plate and set it next to the latte Kristen prepared. "Okay, now you can go say hi and see if he's a good match for ya." She slid the order in front of Kristen.
"No way! I'm not gonna go start asking some stranger what he likes. You go give him this!"
"Do it or I'll tell Mrs. Ramsey why you were actually late to work." The brown kalon said, crossing her arms while raising an eyebrow.
"Fine... Y'know, you can be cruel sometimes."
"Just go give it to him." She gently shoved her forward.
Kristen walked over and set down the latte and muffin in front of Cooper. "Thank you!" he grinned.
"No problem..."
She shuffled back behind the counter while not once looking back.
"So what was he like?" Lonnie nudged Kristen.
"I hate his smile."
"What!?"
"I can't stand him. Just look at him, he's too perfect looking. He's just flaunting his appearance." She narrowed her eyes at him, "I want him to leave."
"Isn't that a bit harsh?" Lonnie pondered.
"Nothing can change my mind, just as much as I think nothing can change that hair. It must be completely coated in hairspray... yuck."
"Really, Kris?"

About an hour had passed and Cooper was still there with his friends.
"Why won't he leave!?" Kristen planted her face into her arms on the counter and began to pout.
"Hey Kris, I just overheard him talking about his favorite video game. Can you guess what it is?"
"Style Savvy."
"No, it's Super Mario. Apparently he loves all the Mario games, but one of his favorites is Luigi's Mansion, even though his favorite character is Mario."
"What!? But, that's my favorite game!" Kristen groaned.
"Yeah, and he loves cheesecake just like you."
Kristen narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Lonnie. "Pray tell, how did you just overhear all this information?"
"Well, it does help when you clean the tables near his."
"But I already cleaned those."
"It doesn't hurt to be extra clean, now does it? Oh and by the way, he likes the color lavender, white chocolate, mandarins, and his birthday is April 3rd."
"Now I know you didn't get all that from eavesdropping!" Kristen said sharply, drumming her fingers impatiently on the countertop.
"Haha, nah, I got it from his Twitter." Lonnie smirked, patting her pocket.
"What!? How'd you find his Twitter?"
"I overheard someone fangirling about it to her friend over there." Her friend said, motioning towards another table.
"I swear, you're worse than I am when it comes to eavesdropping. You're just straight up stalking this guy on my behalf!"
Cooper stood and looked at the girls and waved at them again before leaving. Kristen awkwardly waved back, but as the cafe door closed she squinted her eyes out of embarrassment and frustration.

- - -

- Two days later at 10:14 am -

Ding~ Dong~
The door opened and there was Cooper wearing glasses and his hair styled differently.
"Hi again, I'd like to order a medium eggnog frappuccino and a blueberry muffin." He smiled looking at Kristen who had bags under her eyes.
"Okay... uh, that'll be $4.62." She blinked hard as she was sleep deprived from playing games all night.
"Here you go and keep the change." He winked before taking a seat near the window.
Kristen glared at him while he watched out the window as people walked by. "What's with this guy? What was that wink about? I bet you he's pitying me."
Manager Ramsey stood beside Kristen and glanced between her and Cooper. "Ahem!"
Kristen jumped and turned to Mrs. Ramsey, "Oh, Mrs. Ramsey I didn't see you."
"I think you should be trying to look more friendly with our customers than scowling at them. I like to promote a friendly atmosphere here."
"Yes ma'am... sorry..." She pinned her ears back.
"No need to look that way, just smile and be kind. I'll be in the back, there's a few bills I need to take care of" She turned and walked away.
"Yes ma'am."

Kristen continued filling people's orders, but realized that they were out of muffins, so she'd have to go tell Cooper that his order would be a little late as Lonnie was too busy making the muffins to do it for her.
"Ugh... Why does the universe seem to hate me?" She dragged herself over to his table and was poking her index fingers together, "Hi, um... We're working on making more blueberry muffins, so your order is gonna be a bit delayed." She avoided eye contact while still fiddling with her fingers.
"That's alright, I don't mind waiting." He smiled softly.
"Uh okay..." She shuffled back to the brewing station.
"I just want him to leave right after he gets his muffin and frappuccino. I don't accept this guy as a potential soulmate... if what Lonnie says is true..."
"Okay, the muffins are in the oven. Oh, I didn't even realize he was here." Lonnie patted flour off her apron before motioning in Cooper's direction.
"Huh, what? Oh yeah, him..." Kristen finished topping a drink with caramel in a square grid.
She took in a deep breath before deeply sighing, "Order for... Primrose..." She stood still for a minute hoping the customer would come up before she called again "Order for... Primrose... Everdeen..."
"I volunteer as tribute!" A kalon abruptly stood with their arm raised before walking up to the counter.
"Here you go..."
"Thanks!" The kalon took their drink and sat back down as everyone in the cafe just froze and stared at the girl until she was seated.
"I thought that was over... who the heck thinks the Hunger Games is still relevant?" Lonnie whispered loudly to Kristen.
"I don't know, but next time I'm just gonna bring the drink to them if somebody's order is under a fictional name." She wiped the counter with an annoyed expression.

Ding~!
"Oh, the muffins!" Lonnie raised her paw for Kristen to stay. "You should go ahead and make the frappuccino, I'll take care of the muffins."
"But..." Kristen looked over at Cooper's table, but he was missing.
"Where'd he go!?" When she turned to make the frappuccino she saw him sitting at the counter. "Why is he over here now!?"
She kept shifting her gaze from the drink she was preparing to Cooper, completely skeptical of his intentions.
"He's probably messing with me, I bet he can sense my wanting him to leave."
She placed the drink next to the muffin Lonnie previously placed in front of Cooper.
"Thank you for waiting. Here's your eggnog frappuccino."
"Thanks, and no problem. I understand how busy this month can get with holiday specials." Cooper looked down at his muffin and smiled, "Oh, by the way, what's your favorite muffin here?"
"Blue... Blueberry..." She hesitated. "Really? I would've taken you for the chocolate type" he took a bite out of his muffin.
Kristen looked nervously at him, "Is your favorite blueberry, too?" She mumbled. "What did you say?"
"Nothing, I was just reading off someone's order." She turned and pretended to read a piece of paper.

After about an hour he left.
"So you find anything else out about him?"
"No, and it doesn't matter to me what he's like, I don't want to be his soulmate!" She huffed.
"Weeeeell, I found out he's super into makeup and hair products, unlike you~, but opposites attract~. He also was in the Mario Kart 8 tournament last year, and came in 2nd."
"What!? I was trying so hard to compete in that, but Amelia Rodriguez beat me last second. I heard she came in sixth. How did he do so well?"
"Maybe you should ask him."
"No, never. I'll just leave you to your investigation, and wait for you to tell me what you find."
"Whatever you say." Lonnie chuckled.

- - -

- The next day -

"Wait, Lonnie is sick!?"
"Yeah, she just called and said she got a bad fever. So that means you'll have to cover her shift since I'll be talking to the boss over the phone. She wants to talk about redecorating."
"Yeah, okay, sure..."
Mrs. Ramsey left and Kristen stood waiting for another customer, unsure of herself.
"Lonnie is never sick, so why of all times is she now? Revenge? No, this must be about Cooper!" She drifted off into thought, squinting her eyes nearly shut with her brow furrowed.
"Um, excuse me?"
"Huh, wha- oh hi, it's you." She broke from her thoughts.
"What were you thinking about so intensely?" Cooper chuckled.
"Revenge... I mean yo- no! I was thinking about... gold... fish..." She scratched her cheek.
"Oh really? What about revenge and goldfish? I'm very intrigued."
Kristen sighed then looked at him teasingly, "I'll tell you if you order something fifteen dollars or more."
"Can it include any Kafé Klementine merch?"
"Sure. Plus, you're holding up the line." "Oh sorry, I'll just go over here while I decide what to order." He walked over and took a seat at the counter.

- Ten minutes later -

Kristen walked over to the counter in front of Cooper, "Now, what'll it be, sir?" "Alrighty, I'll take a large white chocolate peppermint mocha with two extra shots of hot chocolate, an extra shot of espresso, a quarter less whipped cream, and I only want a third teaspoon of crushed candy cane bits scattered on my drink. I'll also take three blueberry muffins, one of them I want to go. Aaand I'll take a Kafé Klementine twelve ounce mug. That all should come to... $17.72" He smirked.
Kristen gave him a look of "Challenge accepted" and started working on his order.
She had to make a fresh batch of blueberry muffins as other customers had ordered it as well.
After a while between juggling Cooper's order and other customer's orders, she was getting pretty tired having to do it all by herself.
"Hey, you need any help?" Cooper leaned over the counter.
"Nah I got it, plus the manager would be mad if I let a customer behind the counter."
"Okay, but my offer still stands if you change your mind."
More time had passes and it was nearing her break. "Hey Kristen, we're gonna go ahead and close early today. Would you mind setting up the sign?"
"Yes ma'am~!" Kristen hurried over to the window and slapped a sign on it that read "CLOSED EARLY. If you see anyone inside, they're just finishing up. Please don't ask to come in if there are people inside."
She grinned at a kalon who was about to enter the cafe and pointed at the sign, making the kalon frustrated by her smug grin before going on their way.
Kristen was happy knowing she only had to finish Cooper's order and then she was off for the rest of the day.
"Okie dokie, here's your large white chocolate peppermint mocha with an extra shot of espresso, two extra shots of hot chocolate, a quarter less whipped cream, and a third teaspoon crushed candy can scattered on your drink. Here's your three blueberry muffins, one to go, and a twelve ounce Kafé Klementine mug. That'll be exactly as you said, $17.72." She set his order on the counter in front of him.
"Thank you very much, and here's $18.00. Keep the change."
He took a sip from his mocha and had a satisfied looked over his face, "Now, tell me about the revenge and goldfish you were thinking about earlier."
"Sigh.. I was hoping you'd forget about that, oh well..." She shuffled around the counter and sat beside him with a glass of water. "I was plotting my revenge on my friend, the one who's usually here, but she called in sick and I know for a fact she isn't sick, but just lounging around her apartment enjoying the fact that I suffered today."
"Okay, so what about the goldfish, is that part of your revenge?"
"No, the goldfish were uh... for... for myself, but my landlord doesn't allow pets in my apartment so... I don't know..." She sipped her water.
"That's it!?"
Kristen almost spit her water out. "C'mon, that can't be the whole story. What are you gonna do for revenge?" "Uh... well, I would have just called in sick tomorrow, but I promised I'd be at work on time for the month... so, yeah I don't know."
"How about you call one of her relatives and tell them about how worried you were for her, but you have to work so you can't go check on her in her time of sickly need."
"Hehe, y'know that might actually work. Her older sister Naan is always the type to worry over her. This is genius!"
She pulled out her phone from her pocket and called Naan, "Hello Naan, it's about Lonnie... She called in sick with a fever and I can't go check on her since I have to cover both our shifts, so I was hopi- ... uh huh, okay. Thank you Naan, bye!" She jumped to her feet and did a little happy dance. "Naan is going straight to Lonnie's! Haha, she's gonna be so mad tomorrow!"
Cooper looked at her with a warm smile, "I'm glad I could be of some help."
"Yes, thank you!"
"Now, about the goldfish. Your apartment should be fine with fish as long as it's a small tank, honestly most around here are. You should try asking your landlord."
Kristen froze realizing she might actually have to adopt some fish, "Oh right... yeah, I'll do that. Maybe I'll finely be able to uh... have my.. dream fish."
"You pause a lot when you talk, don't you?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess so."
Cooper pushed his chair away from the counter and stood, collecting his things, "Well, I'll be seeing you."
"Yeah..."
"Thanks for talking to me." He waved, walking out the front door.
Kristen looked back over at the counter and saw a muffin he left behind with a note written on a napkin beside it that read "Here's a treat for your hard work today~♡"
She smiled and brushed her hair behind her ear, but then immediately brushed it back. "No, I will not be soulmates with that pretty boy!" She picked up the muffin and scarfed it down frustratingly, then she grabbed a rag and a spray bottle, and started rapidly wiping down tables in her frustration.
"Hey, do you think the barista knows we're still here?" A kalon whispered to their friend.
"Nah man, this one is kinda crazy and doesn't pay attention to anyone after they've gotten their coffee."
"Maybe we should go, she's getting closer to our table, and I don't know about you but I don't want to get sprayed in the face with counter cleaner."
"Yeah, good call." They got up and left without Kristen noticing even though they passed right by her.
"Mrs. Ramsey, did you say something!?" "No?"
"That's odd, I could've sworn I heard somebody... oh well." she shrugged and continued her work.

- - -

- Two days later at 12:42 pm -

"Here's your small cinnamon mocha. Hope you have a nice day."
"Thank you, and to you as well." The kalon picked up their drink and left.
"Ugh... I wish I didn't have to be so friendly when I'm so tired..."

Ding~ Dong~
"Hey, sorry I'm late!" Lonnie exclaimed as she entered, taking off her coat.
"It's about time! You know old lady Harris comes in at eleven, and she will only order something if you're here." Kristen remarked.
"How'd you get her to stay so long?"
"I recommended a new game for her to play on her phone."
"Oh, which one? Is it a word or puzzle game? I know last time I was late you recommended 1010."
"Nah, she wanted something with a little more to it. I think it's now her favorite game."
"What is it if it's that good?" She crossed her arms.
"Brawl Stars."
"What!?"
"Yeah, I think her favorite character is El Primo. It was her first box character."
Then old lady Harris came up to the counter with her phone in hand, "Hello girls. I think I'm ready to order now." "Okie dokie, what would you like today?" "I think I'm feeling brave, so I'm gonna try a small gingerbread frappuccino."
"Wow, you never order the holiday specials Mrs. H." Lonnie remarked.
"I know! Oh Kristen, I was wondering if we could exchange friend codes on this new game you showed me."
Both Lonnie and Kristen froze as a big smile spread across Kristen's face, "Yeah, of course. Let me just see your phone real quick.... Here you go, now we're friends!"
"Thank you so much. I'll just go sit back down now while I wait."
"Okay, you do that. We'll be just a moment with your drink."
Kristen was beaming with excitement, "Did you hear that!? She remembered my name! She never calls me by my name!" All the while Lonnie was dumbfounded by everything she just witnessed.

Ding~ Dong~
Cooper walked in and seemed a bit extra flamboyant than the previous days.
A bunch of kalons were flocking around him as he entered, because of his sparkly presence.
Instantly upon seeing Cooper's appearance, Kristen's excitement turned to sheer annoyance, "I wish this wasn't his favorite place to get coffee. Just look at him, ugh..."
"Sheesh, give the guy a chance. He's not doing anything wrong."
"Yeah, well-" She paused as she noticed him head over to the counter, "oh no, he's coming this way!"
"Hi, how are you doing today? Was your revenge satisfying?"
"Oh uh... fine? And uh, no.. she was actually sick and I was doing her a favor... so my revenge backfired..."
"Ah man, at least it helped her out though. Would've sucked had she been miserable and alone with a fever." "Yeeeah..... what can I get you today?" "Oh right! I'll take a twelve ounce peppermint mocha without the whipped cream."
"No blueberry muffin?"
"Nah, I'm good. Just the mocha."
"Kay, that'll be $4.46"
"Here's five, and you can keep the change" He walked to a table where his friends were.
"Ugh..." Kristen prepared his drink and brought it over before returning.
"Why is he so extra today?"
"I don't know, but maybe you should just ignore it."
Kristen squinted hard at Cooper with her brow furrowed "Just leave!"
"Kris, be more polite!"
Kristen looked at Lonnie through the corner of her eye then squinted at Cooper "Please leave."
Lonnie facepalmed herself and walked away, "You are completely hopeless!"

- A couple hours past and it was 3pm, closing time on the weekends -

Cooper and his friends left without him acknowledging Kristen this time.
"I don't understand him! One day he's super friendly and more humble, the next he's in his own world and flaunting his looks!" Kristen leaned over the counter with her arms splayed across it.
"Same could go for you, y'know." "Whatcha mean?"
"I mean that you've been friendly some days then go to being a cranky rain cloud the other days."
"Hmph... well maybe I like being a cranky rain cloud..."
"Whatever you say. I'll see you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow." Kristen half waved as Lonnie exited.

- - -

- The next day at 2:24 pm. It was raining all day -

Kristen's energy was building as it got closer to closing time, but started diminishing as Cooper rushed in the door.
What caught her by surprise was the fact that his hair was down and messy, untouched by hair products, and he was wearing minimal makeup. He looked like an average kalon, still pretty but not pretty like a diva.
For a first time she found herself attracted to him for a moment.
"Hi Cooper, how you doing?" Kristen asked from behind the counter.
Cooper looked up after brushing off water droplets with his hair hanging over his right eye, "Hi, am I too late to get a couple muffins?"
"No, we still got a few."
Cooper walked over and took a seat at the counter, "I got a really bad craving for Kafé Klementine's muffins, and rushed over."
"Hehe, well go ahead and take your pick. We don't have a lot but hopefully you'll like the one's we got."
Cooper smiled and looked over the pastry display.
Kristen froze when he turned his head and his strawberry mark was smudged, "Cooper?"
"Huh?" He kept looking at the pastries. "Your mark..."
"My what?"
Kristen pointed to the strawberry on her cheek with a shocked expression.
Cooper widened his eyes and felt his cheek, then looked at his fingers that had strawberry smudges on them.
He looked up at Kristen then at the strawberry mark on her cheek.
"Oh... did you... did you think this was.. a soulmate mark?"
"Uuuuuuuuh..... I don't know..." She looked around the room out of nervousness.
Cooper placed his paw over his mouth, "I'm so sorry, it's just a fake tattoo, like for kids."
"Huh? No no no, I didn't think that whatsoever!"
"I personally don't believe in soulmate marks. I'm pretty sure someone a long time ago made that up and it stuck to a lot of people, making them believe their soulmate was determined by some birthmark" He looked down at his paws on the counter then up at Kristen, "I mean it sounds like those who believe in compatibility between people because of star signs, so why would only a select few out of the thousands have soulmates through birthmarks on their cheek when love is found in such a natural way?"
Kristen froze trying to process all the information.
"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I overwhelmed yo-"
"No no, I'm fine. I'm actually quite relieved that what my friend tries to tell me about soulmate marks is fake. I personally didn't believe it at first, but then she learned some of your interests like mario kart and foods that just happen to be mine as well, that's when I started considering its possibility. I'm just relieved that my original assumption on the matter is correct about it being fake."
"Hey, um... I know this is kinda awkward and out of nowhere, but since you mentioned it, would you like to come over to my apartment and play some Mario Kart? Don't need to worry about it just being us, my grandma is staying with me for the weekend" He scratched his cheek nervously, hoping she would except.
She looked at him and wondered if she should take up his offer or not as she barely knew him, but he seemed genuine.
"On one condition..."
Cooper looked up at her hopefully.
"...You have to buy me the last blueberry muffin."
"Deal!"

Kristen finished work and Cooper had purchased a variety of muffins, and it was time to leave.
"Got your coat?" Cooper glanced at Kristen who was finishing zipping it up, "Yep!"
They both stood at the door and paused, "Do you... have an umbrella?" Kristen spoke up.
"No, I ran here without one."
"Oh..." her face furrowed looking out the window.
"It'll be okay, we'll just have to run. I only live a couple blocks from here."
"Okay..." She slowly readied herself to open the door, "Oh Cooper, you uh... can call me Kris if you want."
"Okay, that sounds great! Well, are you ready, Kris?"
"Ready!"
They burst out the door and ran through the rain straight to his home.

- - -

They had a lot of fun as blossoming friends, and Kristen found out old lady Harris was Cooper's grandmother.
The three of them played games together for the rest of the afternoon and early evening, and Kristen stayed for dinner.

Maybe fate has romance in store for these two, or maybe this is all set up for a great friendship, but for Kristen, this was a week that was truly unforgettable in so many ways.
Between bonding with old lady Harris, confirming soulmates through birthmarks are false, failed revenge, and making a new friendship with Cooper, how could she forget such an eventful week.

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqims]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Okay, sorry for the delay there, but this is now closed! ^^
    Please don't post until I have the results up <3 I'll try to get them as soon as I can
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 am

Slams in, I'm really sorry for the delay!

So many amazing forms and only can choose one winner aa, however! I can award HMs 💙

HMs go to SilentMelody, symmetra, Broccoli_Bento, nermal1999 and sereena!
All forms were in my head since the first reading, even after a few days but they all remained fresh in my mind lol, amazing job at creating something unforgettable y'all <3!!

And the winner is planiteri!
There was something that kept drawing me to the form, something about Boa that really made me hmm. Ngl it intrigued me and I want answers.
And I feel I'll end up like just like Vera, thinking about the mysterious man every time it rains.
So definitely, a form I'll remember for a loong time!

Thank y'all for participating and see y'all around next year 🎉

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 am

Me, sobbing on my break at work. Thank you so much for this precious baby Illu. I love them so much and I'm super excited to develop them more.

Congrats to all the HM winners. Imma have to read through all of your forms ♥️♥️♥️

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me