Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goobies [039]

Postby thiqq » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:55 am

aquatic horse thing ?

edits:
    longer snout [uc]

prompt: write a story where a chocolate cake plays a significant role.
    [min word count 160]

Code: Select all
     username:
    gooby name:
    gooby pronouns:
    gooby storage:
    prompt:

ends sept 27th

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx staff for
xxxxImage
xxxxcustoms open

xxda. | artshop. | ©

thiqq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies [039]

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:54 am

username: MeltiTheDragon
    gooby name: Hyperion
    gooby pronouns: He/Him
    gooby storage: The S.S.S Pythagoras
    prompt:

"You did not just open the door, did you?!" Vega howled.

Their newest friend turned around to face the door he'd just entered through. "Oops."

"YOU IDIOT!!!"

Sure enough, in a matter of a few seconds, a chocolate cake had floated by their windshield. Still in its case, thankfully. Hyperion sighed, smiling a bit. While the kiddo was sure fun to be around, he had little brains to him. Vega looked to be absolutely fuming. He knew how strongly she felt about her food. With the look in her eyes, he might as well have killed her newborn child.

"Don't worry, I'll grab it!" he reassured his best friend, resting one paw on her shoulder.

She still looked ticked off but softened a little. "Please make it quick, I only lightly put the lid on it. First thing it bumps into, that cake's in the engine."

He was already leaping out of the slowly drifting ship. Thank goodness it was on auto-pilot moving slowly. He didn't see the decadent dessert anywhere in sight. He looked around briefly then back-flipped. There the masterpiece was, floating in the tailwind created by the exhaust. His paws stretched out to grab it. Instead, he ended up with a face full of exhaust fumes and simply sent it flying back toward the front of the ship. A fit of racking coughs later, he quickly propelled himself back to the front of the ship, saying a flurry of words that would make his mother cringe hard.

The cake flopped around in its case, which was now internally coated in dark chocolate frosting and maraschino cherries. He sighed ; Vega wouldn't be happy. He knew that her passion, second only to making the food, was presenting it in the prettiest way she possibly could. Again in close proximity to the cake, his claws stretched out to grab it. But he'd completely forgot for a split second that the ship was still moving. He was smacked in the ribs by the dorsal rudder.

It took him a moment to refocus away from the sharp pain in his side. But the sight of the cake's newest location brought him into a panic. It was about to bump into the side wing....right next to the thruster. He kicked his tail into high gear. The ship's had enough major malfunctions in the past weeks, months, however long it had been. The crew's spirits were already pretty down. They didn't need to be shoved further in the hole.

It had already bumped the wing by the time he'd gotten there and the lid was slowly separating from the base. His blood rushed in his ears, his heart pounded in his chest. He only had a few seconds. And he braced himself for missing and sending it flying straight into the thruster. Having to explain it to the techie and face Vega's wrath. But, much to his surprise, his claws hit not just air but the lid and base of the cake's case. It was safe.

"YEEESSS!!!" he howled, blissfully swimming through microgravity back to the still open door. He presented it with pride, his chest puffed out. "Your cake, my lady!" He winked at her with a somewhat charming but largely joking grin.

She frowned, "You ruined the decoration. I spent who knows how long drawing the national flag on the planet. I even put the moons on with cherries!"

"But hey, it's still edible."

The corners of her mouth turned up ever so slightly. "Thank you so much, Hype. Your the best." She pulled him into a hug. One that he secretly never wanted to end.

[604 words]
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thiqq » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 am

MeltiTheDragon wrote:
    username: MeltiTheDragon
    gooby name: Hyperion
    gooby pronouns: He/Him
    gooby storage: The S.S.S Pythagoras
    prompt:

"You did not just open the door, did you?!" Vega howled.

Their newest friend turned around to face the door he'd just entered through. "Oops."

"YOU IDIOT!!!"

Sure enough, in a matter of a few seconds, a chocolate cake had floated by their windshield. Still in its case, thankfully. Hyperion sighed, smiling a bit. While the kiddo was sure fun to be around, he had little brains to him. Vega looked to be absolutely fuming. He knew how strongly she felt about her food. With the look in her eyes, he might as well have killed her newborn child.

"Don't worry, I'll grab it!" he reassured his best friend, resting one paw on her shoulder.

She still looked ticked off but softened a little. "Please make it quick, I only lightly put the lid on it. First thing it bumps into, that cake's in the engine."

He was already leaping out of the slowly drifting ship. Thank goodness it was on auto-pilot moving slowly. He didn't see the decadent dessert anywhere in sight. He looked around briefly then back-flipped. There the masterpiece was, floating in the tailwind created by the exhaust. His paws stretched out to grab it. Instead, he ended up with a face full of exhaust fumes and simply sent it flying back toward the front of the ship. A fit of racking coughs later, he quickly propelled himself back to the front of the ship, saying a flurry of words that would make his mother cringe hard.

The cake flopped around in its case, which was now internally coated in dark chocolate frosting and maraschino cherries. He sighed ; Vega wouldn't be happy. He knew that her passion, second only to making the food, was presenting it in the prettiest way she possibly could. Again in close proximity to the cake, his claws stretched out to grab it. But he'd completely forgot for a split second that the ship was still moving. He was smacked in the ribs by the dorsal rudder.

It took him a moment to refocus away from the sharp pain in his side. But the sight of the cake's newest location brought him into a panic. It was about to bump into the side wing....right next to the thruster. He kicked his tail into high gear. The ship's had enough major malfunctions in the past weeks, months, however long it had been. The crew's spirits were already pretty down. They didn't need to be shoved further in the hole.

It had already bumped the wing by the time he'd gotten there and the lid was slowly separating from the base. His blood rushed in his ears, his heart pounded in his chest. He only had a few seconds. And he braced himself for missing and sending it flying straight into the thruster. Having to explain it to the techie and face Vega's wrath. But, much to his surprise, his claws hit not just air but the lid and base of the cake's case. It was safe.

"YEEESSS!!!" he howled, blissfully swimming through microgravity back to the still open door. He presented it with pride, his chest puffed out. "Your cake, my lady!" He winked at her with a somewhat charming but largely joking grin.

She frowned, "You ruined the decoration. I spent who knows how long drawing the national flag on the planet. I even put the moons on with cherries!"

"But hey, it's still edible."

The corners of her mouth turned up ever so slightly. "Thank you so much, Hype. Your the best." She pulled him into a hug. One that he secretly never wanted to end.

[604 words]

just now saw this, my school has decided to murder me with work. fantastic !!
    you went all out! cg!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx staff for
xxxxImage
xxxxcustoms open

xxda. | artshop. | ©

thiqq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies [039]

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 am

Ahh, thank you so much! :3 Knew I wanted a crazy over-the-top with edits boyo for my captain so I'm really, really happy I got him! I can't wait to expand my ship further now that it has a captain!
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me