Veggie Flit #13 - malanga root

Postby mackstarr » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:17 pm

edits wrote:ear edit
eye shape
expression
tail edit
lumpy spines

x
WHAT IS A FLIT? wrote:Shadow Flitz (Singular; Shadow Flit) are a long bodies species that have long since lost their hind legs, tail, and eyes to the power of the shadow and have replaced them with mold-able wispy appendages. these large, friendly beasts have been recently tamed to be ridden by humans and anthros alike. They have large, wide front paws, long pointed ears, and short, smooth fur. They can be naturally found in dark caves, wetlands, or thick forests. however have also been spotted in pastures while hunting. They are carnivores- meaning they are only meant to eat meat and they often prey on birds, deer, rodents, and bats.

This flit is based on this funny looking root.

Write me a story about them using as much imagery as you can. (500 words max)

end date:
9/6 11:59pm EST

Code: Select all
username:
name:
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Veggie Flit #13 - malanga root

Postby dawnchu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm

username: utau0223
name: Mara
story: wip!
dropping out~ i just couldn't find any inspiration for my story :< gl everyone!
Last edited by dawnchu on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ i'd do anything for you, but would you do that for me too? ✼

i own a couple threads, and some are linked down there. click the stars!
feel free to send me a trade or pm! i hope i can make your day a bit better.

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:14 pm

username: GreyScale
    name: Ambrose
    story:

It's a wonderful feeling to be able to simply down and lean against the cool window to listen and watch the rain and thunder with a cup of tea or coffee. It's a bit chilly but that's alright, the soft blanket around their shoulder keeps away the bite.
    Their breath fogs up the window obscuring the view of rain drop racing down the window as they get lost in though. The wind causes a few leaves to be stripped off the willows trees many branches are they fall into the road before drifting into the storm drains.
    It's mesmerizing to watch as the water swirls down the sidewalk; calming in a sense. What better way to spend a rainy afternoon then watch the sky light up with lightning and tree limbs get thrashed around.
    It's a lovely thing to watch the once sunny sky become dark and untamed and Ambrose wouldn't spend their afternoon any other way.
Last edited by GreyScale on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -pidge » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:45 pm

username: my.chai
name: Jax
story:
Jax was different. Strange. Abnormal. No one had heard of his name. No one knew of his existence. That's because Jax isn't an ordinary filt, he is merely a shadow. Jax rests deep in the soul of the forest, hidden from all view, its only night when Jax arises into the moonlight. Jax wasn't born a shadow, he was born like any ordinary filt, the only thing that's unusual is that he was born in 1809. Jax didn't remember his previous life, but he was told that his life was a mistake, and he wasn't supposed to live in that time period and that he needed to exist in the 2000s, according to the Gods, to lock time back in place. But the Gods were unable to allow Jax to replace his life, so instead, they placed him back on earth, as a shadow. According to nature, Jax's life in the 2000s was meant to be working as a scientist, he was the one who was supposed to discover the cure to global warming, but instead, the times were mixed, and that caused a curse. During his life in 1809, Jax had a bewitch soul, causing any nearby plants to rot before his eyes. The earth's Gods were forced to put him back on earth, but as I said before, they put him back as a shadow, one that will not fade until the earth is safe.
Last edited by -pidge on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 am

username: FluffyBirdie
name: Nuro
story:
    Icy droplets of dew chilled his feet and body as he pushed through the tall wheat stalks, swaying in the gentle breeze like waves of the ocean. The water on his fur made the illusion all the more real, and he closed his eyes, breathing in the cool fog and imagining the chirping of birdsong behind him as the calls of a dolphin, perhaps a gentle whale. He had been to the great, endless blue once, seen its many creatures once; how he wished to return to that vast expanse of shimmery ocean, its depth deceptive and its soft call tempting. It was not alike at all to his green and brown home, constant with the sounds of rustling grain and leaf, with the calls of some wild animal. No, the ocean was silent, a hush unlike anything he has heard before. It was quiet, but it was not a dead silence - the world beneath that alluring blue was alive, active. Rainbow flashes of fish darting around the pastel corals. The dark blue of distant creatures, fading in and out of his view. Schools of silvery creatures and lone predators awaiting one to stray from the group. Even larger carnivores, gliding steadily by like the royalty of the sea. His heartbeat the only sound in his ears. Beams of light slicing from above, shifting, lighting the sandy floor with its unpredictable patterns, as if the ground itself was alive, moving. Bubbles rising from his mouth to return to the air beyond. Floating like him, weightless, suspended in this sapphire of life and silence.
    He wished to return to the sea again.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:18 pm

username: sunscratch
name: sorrow
story:
sorrow lived in a willow tree on a creaky
swing. she swung and swang and swung and
swang on it all day. sorrow loved to swing
but it got lonely. she was called freak and
witch a couple times but she thought it was
true. she thought she looked like a freak and
she practiced magic every midnight. sorrow
once was looking for berries and stumbled
through a bush were she stumbled into a young
boy. her eyes widen in shock. she was in a desert
but not only a desert. it looked to be from the
cowboy time . she looked up at the one she
stumbled into . he looked dazed in admiring beauty.
he kissed sorrows hand. “my lady, i am so sorry. let
me buy you a milkshake...” sorrow blushed as she
got dragged into a cafe. what was going on!? she
sat down and decided to talk with the stranger and
she really liked him. loved him even. on the second
day she was there he told her about his personal life.
she comforted him despite her name. on the third day
a tornado came and she wasn’t fast enough... it
took her and it seemed to whip her back to reality.
she sat their mopping. those three wonderful days..
were they all just daydreams?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:01 am

┌──
│ user: rabbit448
xxname: Magdalene
xxgender: Femalexxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx── ┘
xxxxxxxxxxxx

An electrifying smell of storms and fresh dew lingered in the air as Magdalene traveled under the waning moon. She took measured steps across leaves of gold and auburn that crumbled beneath her paws. All around the trees, mist snaked and caressed the trees, leaving behind only silhouettes for any prying eyes. What a perfect day.

Her stroll through the forest happened regardless of weather, of season, of time. Magdalene knew to wall the path when the birds stopped singing for her and the trees stop whispering the words of the wind. The time for what? The time to meet the creature, The Friend, in the forest.

It was a day like this one where she found a bundle of red matted fur and slowly cared for them until all was well. She gave them stories to listen to and showered them with small toys. Now The Friend returns to her once a moon to reflect the kindness back.

When The Friend entered the clearing, it was as if light was stolen to form the being before her reflected light, becoming a small moon all unto itself. Yet despite the moonlit fur, The Friend could shame even the night, for no other entity could compare to the unfathomable darkness of the creature's eyes.

Their conversation felt rather brief, with The Friend opening their ivory filled mouth to grumble noises of another world best fitted to rattle the average soul; while Magdalene nodded at the appropriate times and whistled stories stolen from the lives of others.

Like all other visits, when the conversation is done or more likely: when the mist starts to dissipate, they take the time to exchange more than words.

The Friend presented her a live beating heart wrapped under the skins of a writhing snake. It glowed red and pulsed in time with the beating of her heart. In return, she gave them stones of the moon. Some were crater rocks, others were polished gems, but all her gifts were objects that remind Magdalene of this friend.

The true moonlight returns to the clearing. The birds return to warbling their songs. And The Friend vanishes into the mist to be only a silhouette in her mind's eye.

With her new glowing snake friend, Magdalene starts the journey home.

[381]
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:31 am

Sorry for the judging delay!

FluffyBirdie is the winner!

A tip to all competitors: make sure you proofread your entries!
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery